What's new

EVOLUTION 2016 - TOP 5 HYPE MOMENTS by Maximilian

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
melee should have been number 1. melee finals and the blazeblue finals a couple years back were some of the best finals for any game I've ever seen

IROC

WP IROC
I dont play SF but i did notice in that video, one of the stages was the actual evo stage they were playing on... Is that right? If so thats bad ass

Gamer68

Fujin!
I dont play SF but i did notice in that video, one of the stages was the actual evo stage they were playing on... Is that right? If so thats bad ass
While the stage it's self looks fine, I still despise it. It costs $10 and cannot be unlocked using Fight Money like the other stages. $10 for a single cosmetic item is insane.

Capcom claimed that a portion of the proceeds would go to the Capcom Pro Tour prize pots but didn't say how much. They followed up saying that depending how well it sells the money will be added to the prize pot. Basically if it sells bad they will pocket the money but if it sells pretty good then they will give SOME of it to the CPT pot.

Not to mention they are selling new CPT skins for $6 apiece and is selling a bundle that includes 3 skins and the stage (plus some colors and titles) for an insane $25. To make it worse, the bundle is only available on PS4. The only way to get the extra colors and titles is by buying the bundle. This means PC players aren't going to be getting certain content.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
While the stage it's self looks fine, I still despise it. It costs $10 and cannot be unlocked using Fight Money like the other stages. $10 for a single cosmetic item is insane.

Capcom claimed that a portion of the proceeds would go to the Capcom Pro Tour prize pots but didn't say how much. They followed up saying that depending how well it sells the money will be added to the prize pot. Basically if it sells bad they will pocket the money but if it sells pretty good then they will give SOME of it to the CPT pot.

Not to mention they are selling new CPT skins for $6 apiece and is selling a bundle that includes 3 skins and the stage (plus some colors and titles) for an insane $25. To make it worse, the bundle is only available on PS4. The only way to get the extra colors and titles is by buying the bundle. This means PC players aren't going to be getting certain content.
Is anyone surprised that Capcom has scumbag marketing choices? Look at the laundry list of them

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I played more sf in my life thenMK. More Mahevl then both of those but I gotta admit. SF is getting slower, and slower, and slower, then POW teleport cross-up overhead lanucher outta no where. I think SF needs to balance the pacing of the game. Just increase everyones walk speed.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
can you imagine the pop for Tekken Master if the arena was full?
Having MK at 8:30 was a travesty. It should at the very least been in the 1pm slot. I understand Smash and of course SF being top billed. Love or hate Smash the player base and hype is real for that crowd. Still MK should have been higher up and it would have been great for our scene to expose people to how epic that game can as that top 8 was so great to watch. Also would have been great for the players.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Finally this is my favorite part of his channel.

Edit: Good vid but I don't get what's so hype about Long Island Joe. I mean no offense to the guy, but what does being american make his evo extra hype somehow? Out of the loop there for sure.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
No Guys I'm sry. Wong Factor was THE best thing about Mahvel this year. Didnt win....yet still proved why hes the King. As a Storm main sense ever, I abosolutely adorr J.Wongs Stormplay. That plus Akuma and im good. Screw Wolvy tho.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Watching back the footage I failed to realise how hype Ultra David and Aris were the first time for MKX.

I know a lot of people felt that the condiments should've been commentating EVO, and true they would've also done an exceptional job, but watching back that MKX highlight reel, it's blatantly obvious that the MKX commentary was the best out of all thos featured games with the commentators getting hype at all the right things.

I'm sure Ketchup and Mustard would've provided commentary that was equally as good, perhaps even better when it comes to scene story lines, but there's no denying that UD and Aris were great.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Edit: Good vid but I don't get what's so hype about Long Island Joe. I mean no offense to the guy, but what does being american make his evo extra hype somehow? Out of the loop there for sure.
It was a bit of a trifecta. Japan (or not America) usually takes Evo free, LI Joe wasn't expected to make it into Top 32 and he's the TO of ECT. So lots of love for him and his seemingly giant-killing performance with taking out one of Japan's best and going toe to toe with another.