What's new

EVO2019 Game Schedule and Numbers

EVO, the biggest FGC event of the year, is happening next weekend. With that, we are getting some finalized details for what is looking to be the biggest EVO in EVO history (technically second biggest, EVO 2016 still holds that record). Exact times aren't in place, yet, but we have the order and days for each game, as well as pools and entrants across the board.

So as of today, Mr. Wizard confirmed that our order is:

Friday: Soul Calibur VI

Saturday: UNIST>DragonBall FighterZ>Samurai Showdown>Mortal Kombat 11

Sunday: Blazblue Cross Tag Battle> Street Fighter V>Tekken 7>Smash Ultimate.

Which marks this as the first EVO ever where Street Fighter is not closing things out. Which is fair, due to them shattering the number of entrants for every other game at 3,492. Final number for every game (which are final, no late registration) are:

Smash Ultimate - 3492
Street Fighter V - 1929
Tekken 7 - 1885
Samurai Shodown - 1719
Mortal Kombat 11 - 1567
UNIST - 1156
DragonBall FighterZ - 1191
Soul Calibur 6 - 742
BlazBlue:CTB - 640

And for who is competing and who is playing who? Pools are at this link right here. These may be subject to change, but are looking like they might be locked in now. So yeah, get hyped and clear next weekend. Expect a lot of awesome game play, alongside some possible announcements from the devs behind these game.

Last edited:

Comments

BB still has prime spot for stadium finals right?... seems fair.
It has the early morning slot which works out for JP viewers, the ASW has a history of phenomenal Top 8s, & most scenes don't want that spot anyway

Since ill be there LIVE, I can leave after Tekken and party it up w/ the FGC one last time while the kids still be watching Smash. This is a win win :)

HOWEVER I have no fucking idea why they would put SC6 the WHOLE DAY on Friday. Its kinda a slap in the face to the game and tells me that SC6 will not be at EVO next year.

Since ill be there LIVE, I can leave after Tekken and party it up w/ the FGC one last time while the kids still be watching Smash. This is a win win :)

HOWEVER I have no fucking idea why they would put SC6 the WHOLE DAY on Friday. Its kinda a slap in the face to the game and tells me that SC6 will not be at EVO next year.
Time is my guess again? You could have Tag on Friday, but since it runs so short anyway, it doesn't make a difference (I'm also forgetting that they are likely to announce the new Fate at EVO like they did last year). Their thinking might be Soul Calibur on Saturday would push Saturday late, but I also don't know how their top 8s usually run

Time is my guess again? You could have Tag on Friday, but since it runs so short anyway, it doesn't make a difference (I'm also forgetting that they are likely to announce the new Fate at EVO like they did last year). Their thinking might be Soul Calibur on Saturday would push Saturday late, but I also don't know how their top 8s usually run
Something had to be ran on Friday because theirs zero way to run five Top 8s on Saturday, it sadly makes the most sence for it to be SCVI & no this does not seal it not coming back next year.

I'm thinking since BBTag is already scheduled Sunday (even though it has the lowest numbers) the next lowest is SC6 by default. So im guessing its easier to have the lowest numbers have a full day tournament to not conflict with Saturday. I get it from that aspect, but damn....I just never seen a game fully had their tournament all in one day at a major. The community is not really trippin' though. We just making the best at what we have then go party afterwards :)

MK11 is a new game , and a bigger IP than BBtag- can we get at least Sunday morning???
also has SF or a Capcom game ever NOT be the last closing game...i cant remember a case if so.
i guess SFV is finally dying...

MK11 is a new game , and a bigger IP than BBtag- can we get at least Sunday morning???
also has SF or a Capcom game ever NOT be the last closing game...i cant remember a case if so.
i guess SFV is finally dying...
I never got how BBTag got a Sunday spot to begin with but I guess. MK11 is a fast running game with the best out of 2 rule so it could have easily taken the early spot on Sunday

To be fair, if we are going by numbers, Samsho should have a Sunday spot, or at least the Saturday closer, yet here we are.
True dat. Im pretty sure other factors come into play as well such as announcements. We all know thats one of the biggest parts of watching EVO for some game changing news for each game. I can see MK11 having the hypest news out of all of em because we have been running dry for information for awhile and we're craving a trailer.

Hell nah, Sunday morning is garbage. Remember 2016 with the almost-empty arena when TekkenMaster and Fox played? That shit was wack. I'd pick Saturday night all day every day over a rerun of that mess.
oh i see, i thought that all sunday games were televised on Cable as well streamed on twitch