What's new

EVO Japan 2019!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
IS THIS WEEKEND! I almost forgot EVO Japan is even a thing! lol

With a major event like this, maybe just maaaaybe we might get a few announcements from our favorite fighting games?

Anyways, if you haven't been following the outline of the tournament can be found here https://www.evojapan.net/2019/outline_en/

Main games include Street Fighter 5, Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, King Of Fighters XIV, and Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle.

Stream information can be found here https://challonge.com/events/evojapan2019

I know the main stages seem a bit lackluster, but I guess it had something to do with getting permission for some games to get clearance or something like that. Not too sure of the behind the scenes, but there will also be side tournaments of games that were not featured as a main game.

Will you be watching? If so, do you expect any major announcements ?Question mark?

Let's talk about it :cool:

IS THIS WEEKEND! I almost forgot EVO Japan is even a thing! lol

With a major event like this, maybe just maaaaybe we might get a few announcements from our favorite fighting games?

Anyways, if you haven't been following the outline of the tournament can be found here https://www.evojapan.net/2019/outline_en/

Main games include Street Fighter 5, Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, King Of Fighters XIV, and Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle.

Stream information can be found here https://challonge.com/events/evojapan2019

I know the main stages seem a bit lackluster, but I guess it had something to do with getting permission for some games to get clearance or something like that. Not too sure of the behind the scenes, but there will also be side tournaments of games that were not featured as a main game.

Will you be watching? If so, do you expect any major announcements ?Question mark?

Let's talk about it :cool:
Definitely gonna be watching. They moved the venue to somewhere where it was harder for everyone to get there but have you seen the entrants for all games? All over 1K plus and some over 2K, that's crazy amount regardless of venue. Should be hype!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Definitely gonna be watching. They moved the venue to somewhere where it was harder for everyone to get there but have you seen the entrants for all games? All over 1K plus and some over 2K, that's crazy amount regardless of venue. Should be hype!
WOOOOOOW! That is crazy! I mean, the prizes for the main games seem big....i think....its in Yen so yeah. But been seeing more people drop SFV and losing hope on season 4. So maybe we get news but heard one of the main head honchos is not gonna make it to Evo Japan so.....that lessens hope for any news on that game.

BBTag - It just resurged with its new patch and the announcement that the game is gonna be in Arcades! I think just Japan tho, which sucks, but maybe we will get news of the 5th Franchise. I just might go back to the game. :)

I highly doubt we will get any MK news there. We already got Kombat Kast.

WOOOOOOW! That is crazy! I mean, the prizes for the main games seem big....i think....its in Yen so yeah. But been seeing more people drop SFV and losing hope on season 4. So maybe we get news but heard one of the main head honchos is not gonna make it to Evo Japan so.....that lessens hope for any news on that game.

BBTag - It just resurged with its new patch and the announcement that the game is gonna be in Arcades! I think just Japan tho, which sucks, but maybe we will get news of the 5th Franchise. I just might go back to the game. :)

I highly doubt we will get any MK news there. We already got Kombat Kast.
Yea boon should do a surprise appearance, would be hype. Ono from capcom not being there is super odd, as he does the reveals n stuff, although I find it hard to believe that there's not going to be anything revealed at the event for sfv, something tells me something is getting announced. Evo ceo tweeted out that the "surprise fighter" game will be announced at Evo Japan but not sure what that means lol.

Apparently Mr. Wizard posted this https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1092263196939829248

"The @Evo game reveal for 2019 will take place AFTER Evo Japan."

I believe it means after Evo Japan we will finally get an announcement of the main games that will be at EVO and im hella excited for THAT!?

What games do you think will headline this year ?Question mark?
There's lots of good fighters out now and coming out, I'm just hyped to see the lineup.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
There's lots of good fighters out now and coming out, I'm just hyped to see the lineup.
Also i keep forgetting that Samurai Spirits (Samurai Showdown) is making a comeback this year too! So maybe we will get some type of announcement from EVO Japan about that.

But MK11 is most def gonna be a front runner at EVO for sure!

Sorry this took so long to come out - usually I have these posted within a day or two. I was very sick and asked a coworker to VO and edit this