What's new

Evo and NRS Commentary

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Please no K&M they sound like golf commentators on meth and you can't even understand them.

Chef has the personality but IMO hasn't put enough time into perfecting the craft. Too rough around the edges for Evo.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I like Aris or Ultradavid, plus 16bit, Ketchup, Mustard, KP, or Wonderchef.

Brady can be great but he's too high risk for Evo, as he always has a 50% chance of him spiralling downward into a spiteful, self loathing rage. Think he can only be considered if his partner is Aris or Flipkev as they would be able to lighten the tone and drag him out of it.

I have enormous respect for DJT as a player but his commentary is inane. It can honestly be replicated by recording someone randomly alternating between saying "MOPPED", "STAHHHP", and "BRUH". Even if you're someone who finds that funny you must realise that anyone outside the NRS community would be massively confused and/or annoyed. Not appropriate for Evo.
No, you got it totaly wrong. Its "BREH"

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
The answer is always @16 Bit. But I have been really enjoying the twins' coverage this season. They are very polished. They know when to get excited for something that is worth getting excited for and their knowledge of the scene is up to date.

Please no K&M they sound like golf commentators on meth and you can't even understand them.

Chef has the personality but IMO hasn't put enough time into perfecting the craft. Too rough around the edges for Evo.
how cute, a lost troll or snowflakes? anyway this is a great topic keep going

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The thing I am worried about is Evo might not let the twins commentate because of ESL. I remember they did that with Tom when he Commentate MLG.

Skellington

Banned
Aris and UltraDavid would be perfect. They work very well on the mic together and stream monsters love them. Please no DMS for the love of God. The majority of people dislike his commentary

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
how cute, a lost troll or snowflakes? anyway this is a great topic keep going
Ignore him.

@BillStickers is an irrelevant crybaby that is still salty about the 2015 tier list that had Mileena higher than he deemed fit. It's literally where all his anger comes from.

He's probably going to continue taking shots at me until the game is done and dusted, and probably even into the next game.

Dude is a waste of space. Period.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I'll admit, i didnt read all the posts... Sorry. So here's my opinions.

Top 8 - 16 bit and SaucyJack
Top 16 - kp and ultra david
Top 32/64 - Aris, the condiment brothers, darth arma, HB godspeed, wonderchef, mikeangelo and slayer (only as a duo). With some tom brady and DJT mixed in.

In terms of knowing the game and knowing the history of the game, everyone pales in comparison to 16 bit. As a employee of the company i've also found his profesionalism now compliments his great personality. His ability to explain what is happening is awesome. Knowing the little intricate details helps explain a lot of the higher level things that the casual watcher might miss and that the more experienced audience will appreciate. I put him along side Saucy Jack because i do not think their is a better duo in our community.

Fingers crossed.

Best NRS commentators... Tom Brady hands down. 16 bit. Ultra David. Darts arma. K prime though i wish he was a bit more professional

Dms needs to be no where near a mic. He is unprofessional. Annoying. And makes every tournament look bad when he is in the mix.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
There's too much of a "NRS community always gets shafted" mentality.

If we want NRS-scene commentators then these candidates need to send clips to the people responsible (has been posted in this thread a number of times), rather than just turning up on the day and expecting them to change their plans for us.

@PND_Ketchup if you and mustard are serious about it I suggest you send some of the clips of your commentary in. It would be a shame for the UK scene as seeing either/both of you competing in top 8 would be amazing, but you two are undoubtedly the best commentators the global NRS scene has.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Ignore him.

@BillStickers is an irrelevant crybaby that is still salty about the 2015 tier list that had Mileena higher than he deemed fit. It's literally where all his anger comes from.

He's probably going to continue taking shots at me until the game is done and dusted, and probably even into the next game.

Dude is a waste of space. Period.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Unpopular opinion

I don't care for Ketchup's and Mustard's commentary because they sound so exactly alike. So for me it sounds like one guy talking over/to himself.

They aren't bad commentators by any means. It's just sensory overload on my ears when they're on. I'm curious as to how they'd do with other people.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I agree with Hippo. It would be nice to have our own community representatives for what is basically the world tournament. But I also see the other side of the spectrum.

With 1000's and 1000's of viewers on the stream for the big stage, it's a good chance that there are way more casual viewers than viewers that are part of the community or trying to get into the community. So I would almost say entertainment and keeping the viewer's attention is just as important or possibly even more important than getting somebody who is very knowledgeable about the community.

In my opinion (which is basically everyone else's opinion too) the commentators with the best balance of knowing all about the community and being entertaining are probably Ketchup Mustard KitanaPrime MichaelAngelo and 16Bit. But Aris and Ultra David know enough about the community/game to get by, so they're good in my book too.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Unpopular opinion

I don't care for Ketchup's and Mustard's commentary because they sound so exactly alike. So for me it sounds like one guy talking over/to himself.

They aren't bad commentators by any means. It's just sensory overload on my ears when they're on. I'm curious as to how they'd do with other people.
That's actually the number one complaint we get with our Casting, which is totally understandable.

Unfortunately, it's also unavoidable as we're identical twins, haha.

Matix218

Get over here!
I would love Evo to be done by @16 Bit and @Tom Brady or @16 Bit and @Slips (some classic ktp commentary). I do enjoy Aris as a commentator but I think you need to pair him with a true mk scene person since he is not really in the community and would just add some humor mainly. I would prefer no ultra david this time around.

Skedar70

Noob
Ketchup and Mustard are good. They are very professional, hype and knowledgeable. They are missing something important that KP, 16 bit, and Aris have that makes them a little bit more entertaining ...comedy.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
I have to say the thing I'm missing most about this game compared to previous games is 16bit's godlike commentary. He brings hype commentary like no one else can.

oh and pc support...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
The twins are the best NRS commentators for sure.

I also like UltraDavid commentary on anything, he's just so easy to listen to, and I always see him lurking about MK related activities so I refuse to believe he's not clued up.
you did a gud job with DJT at KIT tho.

"get Dunk'd" lmao

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Don't know if anyone mentioned it about Aris, but I noticed that since he is an actual player that while he may not have in depth knowledge, that he can notice things like resets and tricks and asks the right questions so the stream gets a dose of knowledge about a mixup.