What's new

EVO 2k14 - USFIV crushed dreams

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In my country there is a saying "They came in with too much air and drank pig's piss"

I think Daigo, Infiltration, Xian, Xiao Hai have came with too much air and drank pig's piss, specially daigo, he wanted to win so bad that he though his place in top 8 was guaranteed because he was playing Evil Ryu.

Infiltration also got mopped up and no one saw that coming lol, Xiao Hai losing to deminion Guile after tier whoring a top tier to win.

Just lol

Only those who stayed loyal to teir mains got top 8.
Bon Chan, Fuudo, Gackt, Snake Eyes.
Sako entered in the losers because he was fucking around with pocked characters.

EX Pugero could get top 8 if he had read that soul spiral to back dash and punish accordingly, i read that, but he didn't.

In fact lot of ibuki fucked up by most basical stuff, like Tsumuji who didn't Ultra 1 a whiffed DP from Cammy.

Man sometimes i think my cold and calm is actually better than some players

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
In my country there is a saying "They came in with too much air and drank pig's piss"

I think Daigo, Infiltration, Xian, Xiao Hai have came with too much air and drank pig's piss, specially daigo, he wanted to win so bad that he though his place in top 8 was guaranteed because he was playing Evil Ryu.

Infiltration also got mopped up and no one saw that coming lol, Xiao Hai losing to deminion Guile after tier whoring a top tier to win.

Just lol

Only those who stayed loyal to teir mains got top 8.
Bon Chan, Fuudo, Gackt, Snake Eyes.
Sako entered in the losers because he was fucking around with pocked characters.

EX Pugero could get top 8 if he had read that soul spiral to back dash and punish accordingly, i read that, but he didn't.

In fact lot of ibuki fucked up by most basical stuff, like Tsumuji who didn't Ultra 1 a whiffed DP from Cammy.

Man sometimes i think my cold and calm is actually better than some players
MY BOI FUUUUUUUUUUUDOOOO

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ever since him and Laugh broke up, he just hasn't been the same.
Still really good, but not crazy dominate like two years ago.
Are you kidding me? He just lost at EVO after raping everyone at the last 3 majors and winning pretty much everything.

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
it is insane to see " the best figthing game player ever " eliminated by a player that doens't even take the game seriously ( still a legend ) but it's still crazy...

Damn, quarter finals were crazy--cannot wait to watch top 8 on Sunday! Man, I don't know who to pull for. Oh, and was anyone surprised by the 5 on 5 east west matches? West steam rolled the east. I kind of thought Smug was going to body half their team lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
...What the fuck happened???

I kept up with it, and holy shit, is this EVO the WEIRDEST one in ages. Everyone's top 8 predictions are completely fucked up.

Choi beating Daigo doesn't surprise me if what I think happened did happen, though...I'll have to watch since I couldn't.

EDIT: Aside from Daigo's fuck-ups, what I thought was gonna happen did happen. Daigo struggled vs low forward. People are saying ERyu's slower low forward isn't a big deal...IT FUCKING MATTERS. That's a huge reason why I think ERyu's so overblown.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
...What the fuck happened???

I kept up with it, and holy shit, is this EVO the WEIRDEST one in ages. Everyone's top 8 predictions are completely fucked up.

Choi beating Daigo doesn't surprise me if what I think happened did happen, though...I'll have to watch since I couldn't.

EDIT: Aside from Daigo's fuck-ups, what I thought was gonna happen did happen. Daigo struggled vs low forward. People are saying ERyu's slower low forward isn't a big deal...IT FUCKING MATTERS. That's a huge reason why I think ERyu's so overblown.
Tell us more of your thoughs pls.

Nuki lost himself in the Bracket, i dunno where he is even now.

Sami

Noob
The damage:

GamerBee: 9th
Mago: 17th
Justin Wong: 17th
Haitani: 17th
Xian: 17th
Infiltration: 25th
Ryan Hart: 25th
Tokido: 33rd
Dakou: 33rd
Nuki: 48th
Daigo: 48th
Smug: 48th
KBrad: 48th

:eek: :eek:

One of the craziest sets of pools I've ever watched.
What the actual fuck?

edit: this just got put in EVO stream chat:

Opening match: a player named Randolf, handle Grandolf, cosplaying Gandolf, playing as Balrog :joker: