What's new

EVO 2020 Redesigned

Comments

You know I gotta say that this might be an impetus for some of the fighting games to look into stabilizing and creating a stronger online. I also like that this means more people who wouldn’t have been able to travel can enter. The issues are numerous of course, but I don’t think it’s impossible.

its not as if online tourneys doesnt exist already so there is something they can do with that format but it will be of course not even be close to the level of what a real evo would be with thousand of entrants and international playerfield. i expect something american centric with some titles being changed on a smaller invitational style level in term of playernumbers with some fighting game reveals to lure people in to actually watch it.

with covid19 going around that was to be expected and shouldnt surprise anyone. lets just hope that stuff gets handled till next year so that we can enjoy our fighting game tournaments
:coffee:

If anyone is thinking it's going to be whatever was going to be offline just online, i think you'd be way off the mark.

It's going to be Evo in the sense that they're the ones organising it, but will probably be small subset of the games announced, maybe even some changes (would be interesting if MK11/KI were added as mentioned due to their top tier netcode) and possibly have a restricted amount of players in each pool to make it easier to manage.

Will be interesting to see what they do regardless.

Is there any real prestige for winning online EVO?

You are always going to have that asterisk next time your name, and someone always be there to remind you it was an online tournament lol.

Lol, the sponsors don't care if netcode is shit house if a thousand people play and a million more watch.

You guys are forgetting evos roots. The cannons will host it in a bathroom if they have to

I see a lot of people on twitter, like Tweedy and some big names talking about boycotting evo online. I guess it is hard to fathom when there are so many fantastic free entry events for online comps... but despite the bad blood it would be NOTHING but good to get back on the Evo ticket for our game and our scene.

We should all be flooding this online comp and showing up in droves.