What's new

Evo 2020 Online - MK11 Added to the main Line Up

Fucking hilarious. After ditching the entire NRS scene EVO finds itself having to rely on only Online games for 2020 and soon discovered that all the games they picked for main stage have absolutly horrible online.

So they have gone through the FGC adding in games with good online.

This has made Killer Instinct, Skull Girls and of course MK11 and something called "Herds" I know nothing about, are all main games for the 4 week event.

Comments

Adding MK11 alongside some shit called 'Them's Fightin' Herds' takes a bit of the luster off it. I guess it must have great netcode?

Anyway, it's cool that they recognized the games that the developers actually put effort into the netcode on. I have played literally two matches online since Sindel released, but I'll enter.

I mean....those Shao Kahn buffs are definitely coming with the Aftermath patch, right? Right.....?

I was almost hoping at one point they'd keep the original lineup just because the absolute laggy trainwreck may have sent an even more powerful message about how important good netcode is.

But I'm super psyched to see KI and MK back at Evo, and Herds absolutely deserves this big exposure boost. Kinda bummed Battle for the Grid isn't in though.

Adding MK11 alongside some shit called 'Them's Fightin' Herds' takes a bit of the luster off it.
Them's Fighting Herds is an amazing fighting game and everyone should play it.

I was almost hoping at one point they'd keep the original lineup just because the absolute laggy trainwreck may have sent an even more powerful message about how important good netcode is.

But I'm super psyched to see KI and MK back at Evo, and Herds absolutely deserves this big exposure boost. Kinda bummed Battle for the Grid isn't in though.

Them's Fighting Herds is an amazing fighting game and everyone should play it.
I don't have a gaming PC, otherwise I would give it a shot. I'll try any fighting game. Doesn't look to be up my alley, though.

So what are they doing with the original line up of games, as they still figure prominently, and indeed before the "open events," in the trailer?

I’m more excited for the four games just added to the line up rather than the big ones already announced months ago especially since they’re open tournaments.

Also, poor Smash, I was reading some Smash players thoughts on them being left out and it basically boiled down to “Good, Nintendo needs to fix this ass online” lol

Has Netherealm come out and said anything about this?

I think it validates that it was probably the studio who decided not to take part in EVO as opposed to anything like EVO kicking the game due to advertising issues with the violence.

Last edited:
So what are they doing with the original line up of games, as they still figure prominently, and indeed before the "open events," in the trailer?
I think the original line up is going to be run as online invitational only exhibition matches. There are only 4 games with public open brackets.

I think there is going to be more details soon.

Fucking hilarious. After ditching the entire NRS scene EVO finds itself having to rely on only Online games for 2020 and soon discovered that all the games they picked for main stage have absolutly horrible online.

So they have gone through the FGC adding in games with good online.

This has made Killer Instinct, Skull Girls and of course MK11 and something called "Herds" I know nothing about, are all main games for the 4 week event.
Evo 2020 the revenge of mk11