What's new

EVO 2019 Commentators and Times

EVO2019 is this weekend, and as such, we are going to have a lot of people talking during the matches to help keep things spicy. So we have an official announcement for who's going to be on mic, as well as some sort of locked in times for the games and panels going on.

So if you can't really tell from the pictures, we have on the NRS regulars side, Ultra David, Kitana Prime, Mr. Aquaman, Wonderchef, Romanova Ketchup and Mustard. Of course, this doesn't tell us who is doing what game, we might end up with Yipes and Tasty Steve doing MK11 finals. But if history is anything to go by, we can expect to see at least one of those faces on stream.

On top of that, we have some mostly official times on the EVO website. I say mostly, because stuff can and probably will run late, but it gives you an idea as to when's the earliest you should tune in. So we have (all times PST):

Friday:
Tournaments Start at 10AM
Street Fighter V, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, UNIST, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, DragonBall FighterZ, Soul Calibur 6, Samurai Shodown

Tournament Finals: Soul Calibur VI – 8PM

Saturday:

Tournaments Start at 10AM
Street Fighter V, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, UNIST, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, DragonBall FighterZ, Samurai Shodown

Tournament Finals: Unist – 10AM

DragonballFighterZ – 1PM

Samurai Shodown – 4PM

Mortal Kombat 11 – 8PM

Sunday:
9:00 AM – BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

12:00 PM – Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

3:30 PM – Tekken 7

7:00 PM – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Streams and times for those aren't up yet, I would expect that to be settled later in the week. There are also a bunch of panels going on (which you can see at the same link from above) but I have no clue as to whether or not they will also be streamed yet. So that just means you have to keep an eye on TYM to find out.

Comments

I think my favorite pairing would be UltraDavid and Aquaman. Or Ketchup and Mustard. They're all solid though. Actually the only one I don't care for as much is Aris, mainly because I find his act gets old after about 5 minutes. Not that he doesn't do a fine job, I just don't care for his style.

Literally only want Ketchup/Mustard for the finals.

The rest are mediocre at best. Or they try to create false hype which I'm not a fan of. Screaming does not make something hype.

Ketchup/Mustard
David
------
Kitana Prime
Aquaman
Wonderchef

Have no prior experience with Romanova so I can't comment to that.

Literally only want Ketchup/Mustard for the finals.

The rest are mediocre at best. Or they try to create false hype which I'm not a fan of. Screaming does not make something hype.

Ketchup/Mustard
David
------
Kitana Prime
Aquaman
Wonderchef

Have no prior experience with Romanova so I can't comment to that.
agree with .... these seems the best options

Romanova is nice ... she is good and very fine commentator .... even more if paired with Mr Aquaman, they are a funny good duo

yo no darth arma? thank god
darth arma is my favorite. to each their own. i did laugh pretty hard at him calling kevo cooscoo for an entire set though.

also imo aquaman and chef arent great together. they both are very technical commentators which is great but when you combine them all you get is frantic frame data and combo strings.

also happy to finally see KP in there for mk11.

I think my favorite pairing would be UltraDavid and Aquaman. Or Ketchup and Mustard. They're all solid though. Actually the only one I don't care for as much is Aris, mainly because I find his act gets old after about 5 minutes. Not that he doesn't do a fine job, I just don't care for his style.
i highly doubt aris will be doing mk11 commentary. he doesnt even play the game and made it known from the beginning he doesnt like it.

darth arma is my favorite. to each their own. i did laugh pretty hard at him calling kevo cooscoo for an entire set though.

also imo aquaman and chef arent great together. they both are very technical commentators which is great but when you combine them all you get is frantic frame data and combo strings.

also happy to finally see KP in there for mk11.
Nah. Darth arma might be informative about stuff but he needs to learn just shut the hell up sometimes. Also kp confirmed not commentating mk

wow wonder what the beef is between NRS and KP. that sucks. and i agree arma can get rambly i just like his balance between technical fgc talk and accessible normie speak.

KP is amazing. He is one of the few commentators who can hype and analyze. Besides, he's legacy, got memes. Just a solid dude tbh

What the hell? The best commentator, straight from our community, Why?
KP will end up being a pro commentator I am sure of it. The thing is he is still a competitor... and good enough to get high placing. That is enough reason to rule him out for large commentary events.