What's new

EVO 2019 Commentators and Times

EVO2019 is this weekend, and as such, we are going to have a lot of people talking during the matches to help keep things spicy. So we have an official announcement for who's going to be on mic, as well as some sort of locked in times for the games and panels going on.

So if you can't really tell from the pictures, we have on the NRS regulars side, Ultra David, Kitana Prime, Mr. Aquaman, Wonderchef, Romanova Ketchup and Mustard. Of course, this doesn't tell us who is doing what game, we might end up with Yipes and Tasty Steve doing MK11 finals. But if history is anything to go by, we can expect to see at least one of those faces on stream.

On top of that, we have some mostly official times on the EVO website. I say mostly, because stuff can and probably will run late, but it gives you an idea as to when's the earliest you should tune in. So we have (all times PST):

Friday:
Tournaments Start at 10AM
Street Fighter V, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, UNIST, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, DragonBall FighterZ, Soul Calibur 6, Samurai Shodown

Tournament Finals: Soul Calibur VI – 8PM

Saturday:

Tournaments Start at 10AM
Street Fighter V, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, UNIST, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, DragonBall FighterZ, Samurai Shodown

Tournament Finals: Unist – 10AM

DragonballFighterZ – 1PM

Samurai Shodown – 4PM

Mortal Kombat 11 – 8PM

Sunday:
9:00 AM – BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

12:00 PM – Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

3:30 PM – Tekken 7

7:00 PM – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Streams and times for those aren't up yet, I would expect that to be settled later in the week. There are also a bunch of panels going on (which you can see at the same link from above) but I have no clue as to whether or not they will also be streamed yet. So that just means you have to keep an eye on TYM to find out.

Comments

I really dont hope Ryan Hart is gonna be on for Grand Finals in Tekken.. He keeps referencing how he beat Rip in that ft10 - 3 months ago. It's getting old bruv, and he just comes across as a one-inch-warrior tbh. Just gimme some Tasty Steve and Aris and I'm a happy man.

Liking the MK team though yeeeeeeeeeeea

The only ones I know ultra David, ketchup:mustard and Aquaman but I like all of them. Who else usually commentates mk?

you make it sound as if that wouldn't be based. I love those on commentary
I don’t think he meant it that way. But In fairness, would you rather have those two or KP/Sajam or The UK Brothers? Pretty easy pick imo. Although yipes is my favorite, NRS would feel right at home with the pairs I mentioned

Whoever comentates MK11 please stop with the uneducated pathetic and absurd Cage upplays.

Some excerpts:

"One of the best rushdown characters"
"Godlike mids"
"The pressure is insane"

Please. Just stop.

So... MK11 starts 11pm est. If we account for the usual TO shenanigans, schedule delays, and other miscellaneous setbacks that will inevitably occur running such a large event on a compressed schedule, we're potentially looking at a 12-1am finals on the east coast, if not later. We eatsports now boys.

Godspeed to whoever calls top 8 for attempting to make the current state of this game sound hype.

Hoping Mr. Aquaman, Ketchup and Mustard (or any combo of the aforementioned 3) get the nod for the top 8.