What's new

General/Other - Scorpion EVO 2016 - A Second Chance for Scorpion

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Three years ago, as the previous Mortal Kombat tournament breathed its last, I was eagerly preparing myself for battle at EVO 2013. Initially an agent operating on behalf of the Special Forces, I'd returned to my roots as a warrior from the Shirai Ryu clan, and I'd been training myself for the chance to subject the world to the terrors of the Netherrealm.

...but although I would ultimately have a chance to compete at EVO, it was only for Injustice's debut there. Due to uncontrollable delays with my Greyhound bus, I was unable to make it on time for MK9. I would not even be there to bear witness to @YOMI DJT's victory over @YOMI REO in the Grand Finals.

Slightly off-topic, but for those who feel like doing a little reminiscing...

And so, the chance for glory would have to wait...for three years.

Now, the window of opportunity has opened again. The game is different, but the battleground is, improvements aside, the same. And there will be nothing to deter the wrath of Hanzo Hasashi this time...nothing.

Only this time, I no longer fight for the Netherrealm. That bastard sorcerer Quan Chi has paid his dues for his deception which ultimately led to the deaths of my family and clan, as well as the original Sub-Zero. I held no fondness for the Lin Kuei, but the Shirai Ryu do not condone the slaying of innocents. We treasure our honor and will not tolerate those who seek to tarnish it.

I now fight to restore honor to the name of a new Shirai Ryu clan.

Fellow warriors, sound your war horns! Because in exactly one week from today, a piece of history that should have been realized three years ago will finally come to be! As one of the two legendary faces of Mortal Kombat, Scorpion - no, Hanzo Hasashi - will ascend to his throne as the champion!

This armada of Outworld Kahnums, otherworldly creatures, and Hollywood lineages does little to faze me. We of the Shirai Ryu acknowledge no equal! All who oppose us will be humbled by our kunais!

Let this tune flood your soul with anticipation over what is to come...

*cuts the camera*
Okay, little recap for those of you who don't feel up to enjoying some theatrics. When MK9 was down to its last EVO, I was excited to bring Scorpion there, but couldn't make it in time due to Greyhound (which I no longer use, BTW). Just tonight, it'd occurred to me that next week, I would finally get a second chance to bring my favorite Mortal Kombat character to the FGC's greatest event.

Hence, a little "hype-oneself-up" thread was in order. And unlike before, it won't be for nothing.

I don't know for sure how well I will do, but I do know this much: looking back at how I played three years ago, to how I play right now, there is a noticeable difference in my gameplay. There's a reason I'm usually the first player that comes to people's minds when Ninjutsu Scorpion is brought up, although I simply must give shout-outs to Perfect Legend for his use of Ninjutsu at Combo Breaker. @Crathen also deserves a mention for bringing Ninjutsu Scorpion his shred of glory in ESL Season 3.

When MKX first dropped, my first opinions on it were...not so great. And even today, some things make me scratch my head. But bringing my Ninjutsu Scorpion to the table has been an unforgettable experience, and I don't wish to stop adding to it, especially with EVO drawing so close.

To any fellow Scorpions who will be attending EVO, I wish you all the best of luck. Bad match-ups be damned, I expect to see our Shirai Ryu grandmaster reaping the rewards, whether it's by my hand or another's.

...but if I run into you in tournament, it's every man for himself. Surely you understand.

We Scorpions are ready for you, EVO...

@Mitsuownes
@STRYKIE
@Ze Dingo
@Matix218
@Eddy Wang
@Slips
@JINAMOUNAINAI
@Scoot Magee
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Envythis
@Hor_PeT
@OBS|KH Rattlehead
@God Confirm
@Dankster Morgan
@KingShaz
@OutworldKeith
@JTB123

That would be badass if a scorpion won, made it to finals, or top 8?? Anyhow much credit bro, just by not dropping him for Alien/Mileena/Takeda even though you compete says a lot about you already.

gam224

The world's least hype player
the only way you are going to make top 8 is if you pull a tanya harding

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Good luck bro, just as you, Ninjutsu Scorpion is the only variation that translates how i like to play fighting games, and has a somewhat similar style to what Skarlet was in MK9, although we have to work twice as hard compared to some characters philosophy, its extremely satisfying knowing you're blowing up your opponent from your own effort and fundamentals far more than character dumbness the game has.

I would also come if i had money to travel, but thankfully started a new job recently, and will finally be able to start saving for EVO soon, not sure if it will be enough with the current economics on my country, but if MKX is not to be at EVO next year, i will wait till next MK to make my appearance for sure.

Break every leg, chop every hand, trip guard every reckless, and bring honor to our clan.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Good shit and good luck Blake. Don't forget JTB will also be there and I'm sure he'll offer some moral support for your run at EVO this year.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Unfortunately the best Scorpions (imho) are in EU, I don't see him making top 16 at EVO

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
I believe in you Blake! Hopefully a lot of your matches will be streamed. If not so, just make sure to make that Top 8 ;)

Matix218

Get over here!
Sadly attending evo is not a possibility for me this year but I will be rooting so hard for every one of my yellow ninja brethren that will be competing. I hope to see amazing spacing and whiff punishment from ninjutsu, crazy damage and restand pressure from hellfire, standing 3 anti airs, flame auras aplenty and more!

I would love nothing more than to see a scorpion on the big stage in top 8!

Go Blake and every other Scorpion who will be competing. I know you will rep the fire ninja well!