What's new

EVO 2015 Crushed Dreams (USFIV)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is one of my favorite threads of the year, sucks i couldn't follow all the way to the top 8 this year, i overslept when they were diciding the winners finals of each pool, so i googled to see who made the top 8, according to the search results i got this:

top 8 winners
EG|Momochi (Ken) vs. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
AiAi (Juri) vs. Infiltration (Evil Ryu, Elena, Chun-Li)

Losers
EG|PR Balrog (Balrog) vs. BE|Nemo (Rolento)
AvM|GamerBee (Elena) vs. Liquid|NuckleDu (Decapre, Guile)

Probably a lot of story to go through, and my fellow companions who watched, who crushed the dream of beloved Daigo, Sako, MOV, Low Tier God, Pepeday, Smug, Luffy, Pongkoo?

Fill me in pls
:DOGE

MetalBender

Nerf everything forever
Daigo lost to gamerbee, really good match. Smug lost to infiltrations counter pick with elena. I think pepeday lost to Filipino man, and luffy might have also. Despite having just watched all of it my memories already pretty fuzzy so I don't remember the rest haha.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Crazy how so many upsets happened but in the end we got a top 8 that's not surprising at all.

Also Valle vs Bonchan was godlike.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Poongko lost to Reiketsu, which gives me a big hard on because he plays Vega and I play Vega and the idea of a slow-paced, scientific, fundamentals based player beating POONGKO is ridiculous. Also beat Viscant and YOUNG ART. What a god. He could have beaten Snake Eyes, but he looked too scared. Nice to see a Vega not get merked. Hope those matches show up. Just had to gush for a little bit.

Pepeday lost to that one Elena Third Strike player.

Luffy lost to Dieminion.

LTG lost to Mr. SNK, one of the first guys on stream

I'm so depressed about 801. Wish I would've gone this year but money for the hotel was gonna be ridiculous. Might have made it out of my pool but I'm not too consistent.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Well, IMO, considering EVO still :

- makes players play side by side on a game where you can see/hear inputs in 2015 (a lot of US tourneys still do this btw)
- is 2 out of 3 until quite late in the tourney (a lot of matches last 3min, you can't really adapt), and only longer sets have proven to reveal which player really is the best.

I wouldn't take results very seriously at all.

Topanga World being "best of five rounds, best of nine games" seems way better.

Though it would indeed be a problem with so many people at EVO.

But hey, 3 out of 5 seems at the very least would be way better.

Last edited: