What's new

Everything we know about MK11: trailer and screenshots broken down!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
why does NRS feel the to make all these gimmicks to add to they're fighting games, like variations n shit, none of the other fighting games do that and they're better for it.

how the hell are we ever supposed to learn MU's with custom variations? especially if your going to be able to throw whatever mix of moves you want onto your character. TBH that seems even fking harder to balance than the system in MKX.....im worried bout this game.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
why does NRS feel the to make all these gimmicks to add to they're fighting games, like variations n shit, none of the other fighting games do that and they're better for it.

how the hell are we ever supposed to learn MU's with custom variations? especially if your going to be able to throw whatever mix of moves you want onto your character. TBH that seems even fking harder to balance than the system in MKX.....im worried bout this game.
NRS games make a gajillion dollars because they cater more to the casual single player experience. Casual players like to unlock shit and customize their characters and do all that RPG stuff. Competitive play is never going to be the priority in an NRS product.

That said, I am sure there will be 'standard' tournament variations of each character for competitive play, like in Injustice 2.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
NRS games make a gajillion dollars because they cater more to the casual single player experience. Casual players like to unlock shit and customize their characters and do all that RPG stuff. Competitive play is never going to be the priority in an NRS product.

That said, I am sure there will be 'standard' tournament variations of each character for competitive play, like in Injustice 2.
god i hope so

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

Why do you feel you need to spell wrong their and they're in 2018 :DOGE

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
From the screenshots I think gear will apply onto the costumes and not change them like Injustice. Hope it's true.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Anybody got a good idea on when we can pre-order digitally cuz it is not in the Xbox store at this time of posting

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Competitive play is never going to be the priority in an NRS product.
I strongly disagree with that. NRS is in the business of making money and MK isn't just a niche fighting game franchise so obviously they are looking to attract that general gamer market more so then some other fighters might. As a business, that's always going to be their main priority. But the competitive aspect of their games have seen more focus with each game they make, to say that's it's not a priority of theirs is silly. Things like the inclusion of in game frame data to an increasing focus on character balance, improved netcode, ranked matches and humongous support for the competitive scene in the form of pot bonuses, tournament streaming and the creation of E-leagues. Competitive play was not a priority in Midway games, but it certainly is in NRS games.

Ger187

Noob
I strongly disagree with that. NRS is in the business of making money and MK isn't just a niche fighting game franchise so obviously they are looking to attract that general gamer market more so then some other fighters might. As a business, that's always going to be their main priority. But the competitive aspect of their games have seen more focus with each game they make, to say that's it's not a priority of theirs is silly. Things like the inclusion of in game frame data to an increasing focus on character balance, improved netcode, ranked matches and humongous support for the competitive scene in the form of pot bonuses, tournament streaming and the creation of E-leagues. Competitive play was not a priority in Midway games, but it certainly is in NRS games.
I hope this game is competitive but i trust in NRS they made always a good job

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
Just came here to say how hyped I'm for this fucking game! Injustice 2 became boring for me like after a few months and went back to MKX. MK is my fave franchise of all time. I also like the dark and greedy atmesphere this game is bringing. Damn that was brutal as fuck.

I'm also hyped for the storymode this time. No pun intended. Already pre-ordered my three copies for console and PC. here's hoping for better soundtrack this time around. Looking forward to Texas Showdown since they will host MK11!

Sorry for the long post lol. Enjoyed the trailer breakdown.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I feel that. To be clear -- I said the priority, not a priority.

Obviously they care about the competitive side. But the number one priority is always going to be content for the casual player, because that is what NRS does better than any other fighting game company on the market today.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So I don't know what stuff is legit or leaks or BS at this point but it seems like the idea is that there will be 2 variations balanced for competitive play, which would be a "classic" timeline variation and a modern timeline variation. Clearly the different timelines are coming into play, but I wonder when the classic timeline is being brought in, Scorpion definitely appears to be OG MK trilogy style in the trailer as opposed to what he would have looked like in Armageddon.

And then they'll continue the loadout concept with a custom variation. Which sounds rad to me, and who knows, maybe the custom variation stuff will be in competitive play. But I imagine it will be another lootbox like system for collecting custom special moves, weapons and cosmetic items. I just really hope that they get rid of or majorly improve the stat system. I felt the stat system turned a cool system in Injustice 2 into a grind fest where it was all about getting your Batman to have a stupid amount of defense or the like, rather then being about the cool abilities and movesets you could come up with.

Also, if we're gonna have this grindey lootbox system or rely on credits again NRS, can you please reward players for playing online matches? It's crazy how you can spend like 5 hours in ranked matches and earn dramatically less credits/gear then you would have if you played offline multiverse.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So fucking hype. Video was awesome but song sucked..

Someone pleaaaase overlay the reptile skrillex song over the fight scene.. I will be eternally grateful