What's new

EVERYONE play as Liu Kang!

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Yeah people are claiming NRS community is toxic, because of s**** like you.
Go get a life, instead of chasing me in every thread and trying to backup your buddy.

Inzzane_79, Dragon Kick is too fast right now, and as i said the problem with Kang is about his completeness, not just a single move.
Why should pressure character have the best or one of the best zoning in the game and a tool that carry KBs, its super fast, unreactable, full screen, High damage and you can amplify it anti zoning tool ?

And as i said many times im talking about the highest possible skill level at the game, where the balance should be made.

And i dont complain like most of the guy for the sake of it. Like low to mid level players were complaining about Scorpion, when the character was perfectly okay.
But i do have problem with a OP Broken design characters.
Dragon kick is too fast...…..Guess Jacquis Dashpunsh is too fast also? Subs slide? Errons slide or Dropkick? Johnnys flashkick? There are tons of fast long range specialmoves in the game.

Yes, Liu Kang is very strong, nobody doubts that but you are using the word "broken" which is just stupid. Liu Kang is not broken. You ever played a fighting game with a real broken char?

What you want is to destroy the character and make him Liu Kahn, the lost brother of Kotal…...

The KBs on his throws should go, I´m with you on that and I think most others too (or at least lower the damage). KBs in general on throws are kinda dumb imo but that´s another discussion. Maybe more Startup for his fireballs so he can´t outzone real zoners. Anything else like frame adjustments to his moves I don´t want to talk about because I have not enough knowledge of frames and stuff.

Again, I can understand that you are angry and salty, we´ve all been at that Point at some stage. But please keep it reasonable. At least read what you have typed before you send it because right now you just look like a salty whiner that wants the char that gives him the most trouble be removed and then you would complain about sonya again or someone else that beats you.

You are talking about "at the highest level of skill". Sorry to say that and it´s not meant to be offensive but I never heard of you, never saw you in top 8s of a Major Tournament so why do you think you can talk about the highest skill level when you´re not on that level?

Inzzane_79, you seem very cool guy and willing to discuss and i like that. Its good to have such poster, instead of just going for insult.
My problem with Kang is not due to my personal experience and that i super strugle against him.
As i said i watch Pro player mostly and daily and im talking about balancing arround highest possible gameplay, as it should be in any game.
This is how you proper balance things out.

As far as a his Dragon Kick. I always said that the problem with Kang is his completness. And the Broken OP part with him comes not from certain move, but all the tools he have in one, and of course the stupid KBs and FB he posses.
I would also said that one of this mechanics is enough. Its stupid to have high DMG KBs and FBs in the same time.
FBs come available at 30% life, how stupid is that? So the player that is winning the round get punish for dropping opponent life bar.
Some FBs are okay, but some are real trouble. I would really like all FBs gone or to totally rework them.

So let me get back on his Dragon Kick.
Jacqui Bionic Dash has really good range and its fast as well, but Jacqui has zero zoning, unlike Kang. And she cant amplify that move.
Sub Zero is really fast, but check Sub Zero Special abilities and check Liu Kang, and right there you know the big gap between this characters.

Erron slide and drop kick are made really bad. They are reactable, but share the same animation and you cant tell for which one he will go.
Its a s**** move, but doesnt have the range of Liu. Tho i agree its a very solid move.
Johnny Shadow kick is fast, but lacks the range of Flying Dragon Kick and Jonny have only high zoning tool, as well as no KBs, and sh*** FB. And you cant amplify it.

Yet Flying Dragon Kick is anti-zoning tool, you can use it as anti-air, to punish and etc. Its a multi functional tool.
The moves alone is not a problem, but when you combine all his tool and its become a problem.
Lets see how NRS will handle the thing when they decide to balance patch the game again.
To be fair i expect big nerf coming for Liu Kang.
Geras damage still needs adjusment, tho he have harder time opening the opponent.

Last edited:
All you morons saying Liu Kang shouldnt be nerfed clearly all play him. Hes broken. No character should be broken. He has no losing matchups and clearly somethings wrong when every recent tournament has been won by the character post patch. In KL you can go two games without seeing Liu Kang and its basically a free win because of how braindead he is.

trufenix

bye felicia
oh man, this embarassing scrubby shit. Who had Liu Kang in the post Scorpion poll? What character that's been just as annoying since day one will we dogpile next, Jax?

Sorakell

Noob
I don't play LK but i think he is a vert good and complete character but it doesn't mean he is 'broken'. He and all the roster will be adjusted in next patch. There is no need to worry and complain, be patient and for now i recommend using the tips the community gives to fight him, there are a few posts about this subject and all of them offer good advice and info. Maybe its not what you want, but its the best we can have right now.

If SonicFox get beat 3-0 by Kang, and lose 2 consecutive finals against 2 different Kang players, you cant do much about it. In the same time players like Foxy, Dragon and so on cant totally do a * against him.
Thats tell you the whole story what happen when you face a good Kang player.
Everything SonicFox was doing against Kang when he was pressured by his F4 was D1. And that tells you a lot.

And this give advice with all due respect is bull crap.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
If SonicFox get beat 3-0 by Kang, and lose 2 consecutive finals against 2 different Kang players, you cant do much about it. In the same time players like Foxy, Dragon and so on cant totally do a * against him.
Thats tell you the whole story what happen when you face a good Kang player.
Everything SonicFox was doing against Kang when he was pressured by his F4 was D1. And that tells you a lot.

And this give advice with all due respect is bull crap.
So who is you?
I'm sure you are not at the level of sonic fox my dude. I don't see him blaming a character for his loss he said he got out played.
So liu is regarded as top tier who cares get over it lol.

NaCl man, again no one would go out and say over twitter that he got beat because of character being broke ....
How old you are to believe that?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Dude the top players of the game are not crying broken only tym online players. If the character was "broken" and there is money on the line would we not see him played by everybody. There is no denying he is good at everything but I can't see how he is the best at everything. I'm old enough to know what a broken character is and I'm afraid he is not. Top tier yes but broken I don't see it. In saying that I have asked multiple time for game footage from you all to show me why you think he is broken but have had no uploads.
If the top players don't think so please upload your own games and show me why. Let us look and your games and see if there is anything we can suggest. If there is nothing we suggest your argument might stand up

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Sonic said on twitter that Liu Kang is a problem in this game and he needs to find a hard counter.

So sorry about those thinking pro players don't blame the character.

:D

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Sonic said on twitter that Liu Kang is a problem in this game and he needs to find a hard counter.

Needs to find a counter not broken please nerf

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !

Ηe should start playing him then.
Probably Sonic's mentality at the moment is hiding his "real main" while playing Devorah so Liu, Cetrion, Jax and whomever is concidered high tier at the moment get nerfed....

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
NRS just needs to realise that it's 2019 and nobody with an IQ above 75 wants broken omnipotent advancing mid launchers into 40%+ damage into oki into pressure into standing resets. People are weary of the broke ass autistic bullshit that plagued every nrs game so far.

They know this because that is what we were promised in kombat kasts pre-launch.

They just lied, simple as that.
I can't enjoy this game like this, it's plain ridiculous that I have to guess right 20 times to win a round while the opponent makes 3 good reads and I'm dead.

iamtheLoBo

Likes throwing fans
I could care less if a character is strong. What irks me is when characters that are simple and one dimensional are so strong. It's so much more satisfying to play a strong character when the things that make them strong are at least locked behind some sort of an execution barrier.

Dude the top players of the game are not crying broken only tym online players. If the character was "broken" and there is money on the line would we not see him played by everybody. There is no denying he is good at everything but I can't see how he is the best at everything. I'm old enough to know what a broken character is and I'm afraid he is not. Top tier yes but broken I don't see it. In saying that I have asked multiple time for game footage from you all to show me why you think he is broken but have had no uploads.
If the top players don't think so please upload your own games and show me why. Let us look and your games and see if there is anything we can suggest. If there is nothing we suggest your argument might stand up
I upload plenty of top players replays where Kang shows his stupidy and how broken he is.
In the other thread i upload a video with good explanation why he is so strong. So im sorry but i dont know what you are talking about ....

Kang is OP Broken, and who ever deny that its either main and pray god he escape nerf(something wont happen) or dont know the game obviously.

And again there is top players that complain about Kang being OP.
Scar has said few words for it, Magician openly said he is 100% broken, and many more.

If you expect guy like SonicFox to go on tweeter and said with 100% the same words that Liu Kang is Broken you have big imagination.
Of course they will use words that doesnt said publicly Liu is Broken, thats why Ninja and Rewind won their first tournaments.

SonicFox and Tweedy already hint about that anyway.
Kang was broken in MKXL, Lao was also insanely strong for long period, but Fox didnt complain about that.
UnbearableSkill for example also didnt complain openly about Kang being broken in MKXL, because he was playing against ninja, but he said on lets said private chat, that Liu is far, far away from any other character back in the day, and that he is OP.

iamtheLoBo, this is a very good point. As i said many times if you build easy character that is newbee frendly, he will be good at low tier gameplay, but he will be nothing special in a mid-high-pro level gameplay.
Yet that crab is strong in any level of the game.

No character is even close to him with his 6 High DMG KBs, Best ING FB, best string in the game, best anti-air, one of the best zoning, one of the best anti-zoning, best pressuring and best turn and round stealer ING.
You can build strong character based on just 1 or combine 2 of this elements, like Jacqui for example, but Kang have them all in one place.

trufenix

bye felicia
Kabal and jax are hot favourites also cassie seems to be making a comeback
The kabal fear mongering has been real since the stress test, but I'm honestly waiting for them to drop misery blade scorpion and timer scam geras so we can do it all over again from the top.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
The game will never be perfectly balanced, no modern day FG ever will be. People need to accept that fact. And the patch hasn’t been out very long, the lower tiered characters can end up better than they seem currently.

Saying there’s issues doesn’t mean there actually is issues. And even stating what you believe the issues are doesn’t mean they are actually issues either. What most of the complaints seem to be are people who want their character to be top 1, and for no other character to be in the same league as their character. These complaints will never cease no matter how many times the game is patched, as I said. Even if you get exactly what you want, a new group will come around doing the exact same thing. Holding their head up and yelling to the skies that the game is unbalanced, broken, needs a new patch, that the top tier are too good, bottom tier are too bad, etc.

Until someone explains why the game already needs another balance patch, and not just “bEcAuSe ThE gAmE iS uNbAlAnCeD”, I will continue to hold the opinion that the game is fine right now. You need to have at least 3-4 months in between balance patches, imo, to have the game fleshed out enough to warrant changes. And when I mean changes I don’t mean obvious broken aspects that exist or could exist, like glitches, exploits, etc. I mean character balance, mainly.
Honestly, even after he's changed, people will move onto the next character & then they'll be stupid even if there's something that they've had since the game's release. Topic is honestly getting repetitive. I've seen way worse. lol. Seriously. It's not as bad as people are making it sound. I think some things are questionable, but that's contrary to popular belief. This is like the 2nd or 3rd big thread I've seen of people complaining about Liu Kang. It's almost like no one ever gets tired of complaining tbh.

Last edited: