What's new

EVERYONE play as Liu Kang!

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Am I the only one that thinks MKX Liu was a bigger threat than MK11 Liu? B12 stuffed almost every armored move in the game and it was fast as fuck. Dragon fire cancels into amazing chip pressure. EX flame hands that set up weird gaps and mind games for more safe pressure.

What does he have in MK11? A low fireball and a good stagger string? I generally hate to say it, but I think you guys are just gonna have to get good on this one, or maybe learn to code.
On top of that his bs Ex db2 that had a hitbox big enough to hit me in front of my tv. I seriously think this is the dumbest move post patch in the game

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
The kabal fear mongering has been real since the stress test, but I'm honestly waiting for them to drop misery blade scorpion and timer scam geras so we can do it all over again from the top.
I think if more people accepted they were trash the world would be a better place 8D

Am I the only one that thinks MKX Liu was a bigger threat than MK11 Liu? B12 stuffed almost every armored move in the game and it was fast as fuck. Dragon fire cancels into amazing chip pressure. EX flame hands that set up weird gaps and mind games for more safe pressure.

What does he have in MK11? A low fireball and a good stagger string? I generally hate to say it, but I think you guys are just gonna have to get good on this one, or maybe learn to code.
Maybe, but in the MKX he needed a set of hands to play, if not a brain too. This one is fucking potato.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
The thing is that Liu was already super popular pre-patch(and will continue to be if nerfed). Like easily the 2nd most common character i fought after Scorpion.

I don't give a fuck about the character himself but jesus christ i don't want to fight the same character every other match.

Would prefer he not get gutted but i cannot play this game with current playerbase being a literal sea of Kangs.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’ve been playing him for a while now and people let him get away with a lot. Don’t do anything after 12 cause he can grab or F43.

It’s all in the guessing game but his pressure is really similar to Jax. And people complain about him too so my guess is people don’t like being patient and certainly don’t like blocking.

Learn the character or lab him with your mains, it’ll help a whole lot.

He’s really really good, but like all the top tiers of the month people complain about, or whatever, you can beat him. There may be rough MUs, like Kano who gets bodied by him, but don’t feel bad about counter picking, or mirror matching xD

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I’ve been playing him for a while now and people let him get away with a lot. Don’t do anything after 12 cause he can grab or F43.

It’s all in the guessing game but his pressure is really similar to Jax. And people complain about him too so my guess is people don’t like being patient and certainly don’t like blocking.

Learn the character or lab him with your mains, it’ll help a whole lot.

He’s really really good, but like all the top tiers of the month people complain about, or whatever, you can beat him. There may be rough MUs, like Kano who gets bodied by him, but don’t feel bad about counter picking, or mirror matching xD
For the longest time, Jax was like my Kryptonite. But then I learned patience, and he's a lot more manageable. A big thing to practice in the lab is getting down the timing on Flawless Blocking Liu Kang's F4,3,U3 since its -11 on Flawless Block.

At some point, I gotta have a set with your Liu Kang. Either as Cassie, Johnny, or both.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
For the longest time, Jax was like my Kryptonite. But then I learned patience, and he's a lot more manageable. A big thing to practice in the lab is getting down the timing on Flawless Blocking Liu Kang's F4,3,U3 since its -11 on Flawless Block.

At some point, I gotta have a set with your Liu Kang. Either as Cassie, Johnny, or both.
Sure! let me know when. We haven’t played 1v1 like ever I think xD

Vslayer id didnt help SonicFox a bit.
Sorry but learn the character in lab is a complete crab, when we are talking about talking broken character.
Its one thing to learn the matchup, its totally other thing to deal with totally broken character.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Vslayer id didnt help SonicFox a bit.
Sorry but learn the character in lab is a complete crab, when we are talking about talking broken character.
Its one thing to learn the matchup, its totally other thing to deal with totally broken character.
I mean he’s playing Jade, a character with no upclose pressure. And he beat his LK in tourney before.

Vslayer he beat him pre-patch and before Liu Kang players knows how to really be super effective with Kang. Now the only problem SonicFox suddenly have is against Kang players. Not only ninjas Kang.

In a no way Cassie deserved a nerf, but Kang not. This a pure balance done by NRS, letting completely broken character in the game. Same s* we see in the later stage in MKXL with Liu Kang in there.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Vslayer he beat him pre-patch and before Liu Kang players knows how to really be super effective with Kang. Now the only problem SonicFox suddenly have is against Kang players. Not only ninjas Kang.

In a no way Cassie deserved a nerf, but Kang not. This a pure balance done by NRS, letting completely broken character in the game. Same s* we see in the later stage in MKXL with Liu Kang in there.
Excuses excuses. And yes Cass deserved a nerf she was dumb AF now she’s perfect but still really strong. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve a nerf somewhere but people always do this. Make it seem like top chars are unbeatable just to get them nerfed.

Cassie was strong, but not broken strong, unlike Kang is.
And nqh Cassie aint perfect, she is perfect s** now. Almost no one use her, and she is 100% s*** at Pro level. Her placing was thanks to SonicFox. No one except him has decent result with her. After he dropped her, she is barely used.

Cassie has 1 good KB, that was a solo move, Kang has 6, 4 of which are high damage landing on will every single set. Cassie has s**** FB, Kang has one of the best.
Kang has better zoning and anti-zoning than her. Also he is better at stealing turn and in pressure.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
What is the best Cassie Cage placing, outside of SonicFox used her, before or after the patch ?
If you care so much about what the pros think, Fox said she was top 3 again because of the OS that Raptor discovered. Cassie is still strong but she doesn’t carry like Sub and Liu and Sonya. That’s why scrubs dropped her.

Semij and Honeybee picked her up but yeah she’s totally bad LOL.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

Raptor discover this OS few days ago.
Honeybee is using Noob Saibot after the patch. From top players Semiij is using Cassie and he didnt even make top 16 loser in DreamHack. He lost pretty early at the EVO too.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Raptor discover this OS few days ago.
Honeybee is using Noob Saibot after the patch. From top players Semiij is using Cassie and he didnt even make top 16 loser in DreamHack. He lost pretty early at the EVO too.
Doesn’t matter if they lose or not, they obviously aren’t comfy with the character. They picked her up because she’s strong, honeybee choosing her over Noob.

Sonic almost won with Dvorah. Is she better than Cass then? Nah dude, she ain’t. Your logic doesn’t make sense when you twist it to fit your personal opinion.

I win more with Cass than with Liu. Why is that? Cause I have more experience with Cassie. Not because she’s better than Liu.

Last edited: