What's new

Every story mode (aside from INJ1) in NRS history has unlocked at least 1 character. Will that be the same case for Aftermath?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
In MK9 we unlocked Cyber Sub Zero and Quan Chi.

In Injustice 1.....I don't think we actually did unlock anyone via story mode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In MKX we unlocked Shinnok.

In MK11 we unlocked Frost.

Anyway, I've heard rumors that there may be some hidden value in the upcoming expansion and I'm wondering if that may have to do with a secret character being unlocked via the story expansion. If you already know what happens in story mode, please don't spoil it in here for others.

Sektor/Cyrax would be a really cool surprise. If I had to bet, I'd say we aren't getting another character from the expansion, but I thought a thread that doesn't just contain everyone complaining about the price would be a nice change of pace.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
when there will be some unlockables i assume it will be the two robots. depending on if the leaks about future dlc´s are true, this time just one of em.

Plop

Noob
It';s a tricky one. That would be amazing, but surely they'd want to advertise the fuck out of another character. Even Shinnock and Frost had trailers and Kombat Kasts.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It would be awesome, but logic indicates that this won't happen.

They're advertising a product. They would want to advertise the SHIT out of all of the content in it to ensure max sales. Hiding a character from the uninformed masses who don't check enthusiast forums (to know that you can unlock an extra character) would be a bad marketing move. It would make sense for them to show everything included, especially MAJOR elements such as characters.

At best I can see us getting an awesome skin for completing the story, or a bundle of skins. They're far less valuable than a fully fledged character, and they reward the player for completing the story still.

But honestly? We'll unlock fuck all for completing Aftermath. Actually no, we'll get a Kombat Kard background and emblem. Bet you.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Doubtful, if anything the robots would come later down the road. Not that I wouldn't love that, but with 3 new characters coming all at once I don't think it's very realistic to assume we'll have two more.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I guess I just miss surprises/secrets in MK games. Living in the age where everything is data mined has ruined that.

I'm not a big fan of this game but I would lose my shit if after you completed the story it unlocks some character we didn't know about.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I guess I just miss surprises/secrets in MK games. Living in the age where everything is data mined has ruined that.

I'm not a big fan of this game but I would lose my shit if after you completed the story it unlocks some character we didn't know about.
that would be fucking amazing awesome, no doubt ! however, I see not happening, since NRS just want financially to milk MK11 as much as possible, so, any additional character by now, will come up just as a paid DLC ! :oops:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Would love something like unlocking havik but my guess is will get skins instead, if anything. but we'll see soon

ItsYaBoi

Noob
If they do, my money says it's gonna be Kai/Krypt Guy.

If Shang Tsung is free and off the island, it only makes sense for him to leave as well.
Why do people think that Krypt Guy is Kai?

Kai is black. Why would they change his race when they could have some more black representation?

Why do people think that Krypt Guy is Kai?

Kai is black. Why would they change his race when they could have some more black representation?
No clue. The player character in the Krypt is the Descendant of Apep.

For an unlocked character, being an expansion set, I wouldn't expect it.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I think the most we'll get is a skin for an existing character, ala Fire God Liu Kang. If not that, then a teaser for future content.

If we actually get a hidden fourth character, I'll be very surprised.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Maybe the reason the chars arent sold seprately is because they all get unlocked through various parts of the story

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
It would be amazing to have a new character to unlock by playing story mode.
Maybe a villain for another upcoming story arc.
This is the first time that NRS give us an expansion with story mode so, who knows...

But marketing and money are a thing so...
Probably we gonna get new skins for all KP1 characters.

Imagine if an after credits scene show the return of Mileena and then... you unlocked Mileena.
BOOOOM!