What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Ever Get That Feeling of Deja Vu? TYM hasn't learned

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Hiya fam, as the title suggests, I would like to ask you fellow forum goers if you ever get a feeling of deja vu when TYM attempts to talk about meaningful character balance so early in the launch cycle. For myself, this feeling struck me upon perusing the forums these past two days.

Apparently a well respected hotshot decided to post some tech on a brand new ice-based Lin-Kuei character. His main gimmick is that he has very strong trap based setplay in the corner that is very ambiguous for his opponent. For the most part, after a "hardknockdown" he can deploy an ice based trap for mixups or armor breaking purposes.

Naturally, such a strong and unique playstyle will frighten players, and likewise there was much screaming for nerfs. These nerfs are justified because of 12 total minutes of lab footage not based on any real matchup experience or tournament setting. As a matter of fact, 90% of the people asking for nerfs haven't actually fully labbed the setups.

What does this remind you of, TYM?

What can we do to stop it from happening again? How long until Sonic Fox complains about this character on Twitter and gets him nerfed for sure (while simultaneously maining other dumb characters for us to complain about later)? Was Tom Brady right about us all along?

Discuss.
It is early to claim a character is overpowered, but in this case, I'll make an exception. All it takes is 30 minutes with him in the lab to see what is blatantly obvious. Dude has way too many options, ridiculous space control, and stellar tools for just about every situation. Yes he is a bit over the top. Not quite on par with Kabal's MK9 fuckery, but he def needs to be adjusted.

Cyber Sub Zero is so peng! I love the way he plays his move set, his specials and his brutalities! They need to fix kung lao in fact just remove him from the game would be nice and scorpion over powered as fuck mate! Any way enjoy the video below and LEAVE CYBER SUB ALONE

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Cyber Sub Zero is so peng! I love the way he plays his move set, his specials and his brutalities! They need to fix kung lao in fact just remove him from the game would be nice and scorpion over powered as fuck mate! Any way enjoy the video below and LEAVE CYBER SUB ALONE
How many majors has Kung Lao won in MK X? He's obviously not considered overpowered in a tournament setting or everyone would use him. Great pressure, footsies, and wake ups, but lacks in the other departments. His orbit hat and a few other things just got nerfed pretry hard as well.

People are already crying for cyber nerfs? What about cyrax bomb traps? What about Leatherface block strings in Killer that cost no stamina & build rediculous meter on block? What about Bo Rai Cho's shenanigans? Whining kids always ruin NRS games with nerfs because they can't beat someone. It's always someone that uses a character with it's own dirt too, bratty hypocrites. Leave the game alone, leave all the characters alone. Stop bitching soooo much & ADAPT- you remember those days right? When people were actually good at fighting games? You people ruin games, your nerfing spree will be the death of MKX. Keep ruining characters- ESPECIALLY characters people paid for then change the product you sold, watch what happens..imagine if you went to Burger King & ordered chicken nuggets, then after you got your nuggets you were like "shyt these are good! I like this, it was worth it, thank you!" Then someone comes & changes your nuggets for some shyt you didn't ask for like fries...

STOP PHUCKING WITH PEOPLE'S FUN! Let it rock. Pardon my rant...

It's funny people say csv is the hardest yet I have no struggle vs him. His other variations on the flip side though.... There hard to beat cybersub iso of no problem.

One thing I find funny about this whole hard-to-blockable shitstorm is that a few months ago we had a thread (mainly in jest) comparing MK9 Cyrax with MKX Summoner Quan. Funny how THEN, we had people parading "yeah man, all of Quan's shit is totally blockable!"

And recently, we've had the whole "Tremor got robbed" renegade on the basis that his up rock Oki in conjunction with B3 should always be blocked overhead, low, therefore it was no big deal and never should have been nerfed etc. etc. but yet, people still wanted shit like Quan's NJP/low bat or charged B2/low bat sent to hell.

For the record, I've never used Summoner myself and as far as Tremor goes I was more antsy about up rock's armor breaking utility more so than how hard it was to block, but it seems like essentially, it's only a "hard-to-blockable" when it suits the agenda/propaganda of the person in question.
Except you don't need to block these setups.

Again though, why is anyone surprised by the community's reaction? NRS has historically released broken bullshit. So as soon as someone looks questionable, why wouldn't they assume that NRS just did exactly what they've done many times over in the past?