What's new

Video/Tutorial Even Better Blood Ball Setup "The Blood Splat Tech"

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

So how does this tech work?

Simple, when you splat the opponent with njP, you aim the ball to travel in arc, which means, you have to aim up, the trajectory of the arched ball makes it covers 10% of the screen area during the landing, meaning the opponent can't stay grounded, or jump out of the setup.

He has to tech roll and block, or get OTG'd by the ball on block.

I Can simply use a safe whiff wakeup attack into this and avoid the chip damage.

Depending of the character, unless the character doesn't has a anti-zoning tool, will have a dificult time dealing with this, beacause, the setup can be delayed, and when it does, the invincibility of the wakeup attack will worn out before the arc ball reaches the character hitbox, taking the 15% damage instead.
Note: Skarlet can still block or counter-read after, a well placed arc blood ball.

I'm editing a compilation of which chars are more vulnerable to it, the one who will not appear in the video can escape it one way or another. Some, requires more speed, others more ajustable maneuveurs like Kabal, who is the most technical character to catch on this ball, even if he can escape it with Ex NDC he can still take 16% damage free of the blood ball and spend meter if he decides to wakeup attack.

Reptile can use his invincibility to escape it, but if you delay it will hit him, the problem is the 6f dash that travels faster than the ball, and he is the only character who actually forces skarlet to use the regular trajectory as she delays to avoid him moving away.

ryublaze

Noob
So if they get hit by the blood ball then it would be 25% + 15% = 40% total damage? I can see this being potentially useful against Sub-Zero and maybe other characters, but you also have the option to do a full combo ending with F4,3 which would be near 40% without sacrificing life for blood ball. Also, can the opponent tech roll then dash forward and duck to avoid the high blood ball? I can't test now. Anyways nice tech/blood ball setup Eddy Wang great way to make blood ball useful. :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So if they get hit by the blood ball then it would be 25% + 15% = 40% total damage? I can see this being potentially useful against Sub-Zero and maybe other characters, but you also have the option to do a full combo ending with F4,3 which would be near 40% without sacrificing life for blood ball. Also, can the opponent tech roll then dash forward and duck to avoid the high blood ball? I can't test now. Anyways nice tech/blood ball setup Eddy Wang great way to make blood ball useful. :p
Block or wakeup attack are the only options, even if well delayed they can't escape it.

Characters who have anti-zoning tools will avoid this very well, i mean:
Coward Smoke
Freddy
Kenshi
Sheeva
Rain EX Teleport only
Nightwolf

Characters who are possibly catched if delayed (i didn't test it)
Ermac
Sindel
Quan Chi

i would advice blocking the ball everytime, its safer than risk no taking damage and ending up taking 50% more

And no, i only use this setup because is the easiest, you can still do 36% damage and do this reset, the cancel advantage remains the same.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Update, after watching the compilation over and over, i think we will definitelty need to master this, and its not because of the escape, but because of the Delay, you can delay the blood ball and the arc also makes it reach a bit later. Which will force the opponent to stay on block and respect the dagger zonning from that position.
This game doesn't allows to delay wakeup attacks, or you'll lose the invicibility frames of it. which will make non anti-zoning characters respect the ball because of the invincibility not be enough to escape the frame trap.
On armored characters the blood ball does 17% damage, and if you punish them after they taking such damage on the armor, it may increase on the combo even if the blood ball doesn't count as a startet the damage from it does.

i did 51% resets and 61% full damage against armored wakeups on a well placed blood ball.

So since some characters can't even wakeup to escape it, no matter how safe his special move is, those who have armor and use it to escape will still take the ball, and LBSH, 15% unbreakable damage is serious shit, specially if you can punish before they recover from the armor and waste a bar of meter just for trying to escape it.

I will not let you guys out of this for sure, and i will hit the lab everyday to master the NJP splat on the regular BnBs, the vid is uploading, kind slow and might freeze on the proccess, which will make me try again. but feel happy because in 3 hours it uploaded 59% of it, which means another 3 hours if everything goes right.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Can you cancel NJP into a straight or down dagger to cover the screen a bit before you do the blood ball? This may help cover things like reptile or kabals wakeups and also adds a little delay for people staying down?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can you cancel NJP into a straight or down dagger to cover the screen a bit before you do the blood ball? This may help cover things like reptile or kabals wakeups and also adds a little delay for people staying down?
hmmm you came with an interesting stuff, maybe it could be a good way to set the perfect delay, i've been timing by tapping down a few times before throwing the blood ball, maybe i should try this way as well and see if it works out.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not really convinced either, only against a select cast and I would end the combo with F43 in the same set-up.
From that distancs...IF the decide to block it, if you cancel into red dash to get close, what kind of frame advantage is there afterwards? If it allows free pressure then I love it. Otherwise you did a 40 % combo that builds less meter than a regular bnb pushing them full screen. People at the highest level will just block it and keep going, thankful that you didnt go for full damage.

ryublaze

Noob
Btw Eddy Wang did you know that Skarlet can combo off of a high blood ball? Blood Ball -> Blood Drop or EX Blood Drop. Regular blood drop makes it 21% and I think EX Blood Drop makes it 26%.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Btw Eddy Wang did you know that Skarlet can combo off of a high blood ball? Blood Ball -> Blood Drop or EX Blood Drop. Regular blood drop makes it 21% and I think EX Blood Drop makes it 26%.
Yeah, but its just risky.

I like to use this setup for zoning purposes, they block the ball and face a wall of daggers to build skarlet's meter fast as if she was blocking the string. Or simply keep them away from me.

The other good way to use it, is when they life is running short, they'll try to escape it, and you'll know what to do afterwards, and no, its not something that will only work on a first try, sorry FLY.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
40% if they block the ball.
Using jiP F31~rd~ds, 32~rd~us NJP 34%
Ok...it builds less meter and does less damage than her standard BNB ending with f43.

I only works if they try to wakeup. I'm just saying that if you are playing at the highest level and your opponent knows what you are doing, then they will just block it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ok...it builds less meter and does less damage than her standard BNB ending with f43.

I only works if they try to wakeup. I'm just saying that if you are playing at the highest level and your opponent knows what you are doing, then they will just block it.
the point is gaining zoning position not gaining more meter. If they block, better, i already have the zoning position, if it hits, even better.
I only do this with full meter or when the opponent has really short life, the blood ball chip is really worth using in some situations;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
the point is gaining zoning position not gaining more meter. If they block, better, i already have the zoning position, if it hits, even better.
I only do this with full meter or when the opponent has really short life, the blood ball chip is really worth using in some situations;)
why not use f43 for a high 40% combo and the same zoning position and more meter though. The point might not be gaining meter but it literally does everything worse than a traditional bnb unless they try to wakeup.

The only time to use this would be to reverse their direction to make them miss a breaker and possibly get some unbreakable damage. Other than that I done see much point.