What's new

General/Other - Ethereal Ethereal Variation General Discussion

EOTL

Ethereal now has a true fifty fifty.

21 Ex Fade allows her to continue her combo netting her 36%

2~ex roll allows her to combo for 26% Both into her new hella advantage rodeo.
what do you mean by "true 50/50"?
How is that truer than 21~roll vs 2~ex roll? Its nice that the low option is a now safe though and f4 ~ex tele grants a combo where f44 did not?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
what do you mean by "true 50/50"?
How is that truer than 21~roll vs 2~ex roll? Its nice that the low option is a now safe though and f4 ~ex tele grants a combo where f44 did not?
The word new was actually supposed to be in there lol

"Mileena has a new true 50/50"

I'll go back and edit.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
I am sure you guys know this, but Vanish is now completely invincible on wake-up. Trying to meaty with Lao`s EX spin, have not hit a single time.
Honestly, that is pretty huge. She basically gets up whenever she wants. All of the three options are invincible and opponent can`t react to which way she is going.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I am sure you guys know this, but Vanish is now completely invincible on wake-up. Trying to meaty with Lao`s EX spin, have not hit a single time.
Honestly, that is pretty huge. She basically gets up whenever she wants. All of the three options are invincible and opponent can`t react to which way she is going.
You have no idea how happy you have made me

Tyrlix

Noob
You have no idea how happy you have made me
Also, if the opponent "hits" you while you're going invisible with the EX-Fade. It's counted as a block and Mileena doesn't take any chip damage. Chub Zero's EX-Slide stopped right on it's track and you can punish it with 123 string and go for some really nasty damage. Too bad she can still be grabbed out if she holds the fade.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
What's up boys. I've been stabbing and biting since release, but now I'm looking to go pale and start fading.
So if I've been reading correctly, EX Fade (Vanish) away/towards is an armored wake-up option now? A la Shazam in IGAU.
Also, the 21-Vanish-21xxx is a true full combo? Or just mix up opportunity. Either way, this is fantastic.
Please correct me if I've gathered mis-information.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Lord Nurgle has renewed faith in dis vari, Lord Nurgle shall now learn dis vari FOR CHAOS

Seriously its bout damn time they fixed this vari

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
It does not have armour. It has gotten invincibility on start-up frames, so it is basically invulnerable all the way trough the teleport. Seems very viable as a wake-up and get out of pressure tool.

Can still be grabbed out of though.

EDIT: Lol, put Mileena as dummy and record 12 then ball roll. Use Vanish toward. As someone mentioned earlier, it counts as they hit Mileena, but she does not get put into blockstun. But the opponent still has recovery after the moves, so I believe we can punish a lot of moves which are usually safe

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
She has actual block traps now, and F14 has a use since it guarantees a free 123/4 or 21 string.

123~Ex Fade guarantees a 21 mixup. Cassie cannot interupt it.

F24 (this would be your jump in block string) Ex Fade guarantees 123/4 or 21. On characters other than Cassie/Kung Lao she gets a f4 off it which is huge.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What's up boys. I've been stabbing and biting since release, but now I'm looking to go pale and start fading.
So if I've been reading correctly, EX Fade (Vanish) away/towards is an armored wake-up option now? A la Shazam in IGAU.
Also, the 21-Vanish-21xxx is a true full combo? Or just mix up opportunity. Either way, this is fantastic.
Please correct me if I've gathered mis-information.
21 EX Fade 21 is a true combo, but you would be better off hit confirming the 21 and go into F12B4. More damage :)

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
She has actual block traps now, and F14 has a use since it guarantees a free 123/4 or 21 string.

123~Ex Fade guarantees a 21 mixup. Cassie cannot interupt it.

F24 (this would be your jump in block string) Ex Fade guarantees 123/4 or 21. On characters other than Cassie/Kung Lao she gets a f4 off it which is huge.
Fantastic! Very good.
I spent all my post-patch time in Rav last night, so this will be great training material for tonight.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
21 EX Fade 21 is a true combo, but you would be better off hit confirming the 21 and go into F12B4. More damage :)
That was the first thing I thought of when I read the patch notes, if there was enough time to do F12B4 after EX Fade, thanks for letting us know :D

After what I read on the EN Fade startup, it looks NRS... actually did what I asked for in my ideal buffs. Who knew? Plus she got more than that with a much better pressure game. So now, with EN Fade giving her basically a free mixup on block, it's gonna be reeaally hard to hold on to meter now, lol. (EN Fade into EN Roll mixups could deplete her bar instantly, but the urge to use it is really powerful).

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the change, but I think Mileena's gonna be getting a LOT more free grabs now. Keep in mind, 2 grabs = 1 combo.

F14 EX fade throw.
F12B4 EX fade throw
B12 EX Fade throw
21 EX Fade throw
F23 EX Fade throw
F4 EX fade throw
21 EX fade SIKE block. Eat it.

Let go of block. I dare you.

Being +23 or +24 may add viability to F3 use once you've conditioned the opponent to block after EX fade.

She stronk.

F14 EX fade throw.
F12B4 EX fade throw
B12 EX Fade throw
21 EX Fade throw
F23 EX Fade throw
F4 EX fade throw
21 EX fade SIKE block. Eat it.

Let go of block. I dare you.

Being +23 or +24 may add viability to F3 use once you've conditioned the opponent to block after EX fade.

She stronk.
Block low and D3 when you see teleport seems to counter all these

yes she can ex roll but would be burning 2 bars just to get in