What's new

Video/Tutorial ETC McFly's Most Amazing Combo and Pressure Concept with Kung Lao

ETC Mcfly, thanks for tagging me my friend. on the combo: i know doing instant divekick after uppercut is next to impossible, so massive props for hitting that. also, i've done things with lao in the corner with uppercut. have you tried from about that same range jip tele3 21 spin (dash) d2 2exhat jik tele3 plumflower? it does more damage and i think can lead to some creative new combos. for example it might be possible jip tele3 21 spin (dash) d2 2exhat jik exDK 3exhat tele3 plumflower (i'll try this later this month) or something else.

On the pressure, i was talking with Wildabeast about this very recently and i think it's been known about for a minute but because of how risky and gimmicky it is i'm not sure it's practical depending on how much advantage it is (EDIT: just checked the frame data, and +13 isnt enough for lao to use an attack that will hit a crouching opponent, but it's smart that you use the jip to jail them standing, hmm). it it's more than i think it might be really good in setting up some stuff that i'm going to contemplate and try out and i'll let you know.

ETC Mcfly, thanks for tagging me my friend. on the combo: i know doing instant divekick after uppercut is next to impossible, so massive props for hitting that. also, i've done things with lao in the corner with uppercut. have you tried from about that same range jip tele3 21 spin (dash) d2 2exhat jik tele3 plumflower? it does more damage and i think can lead to some creative new combos. for example it might be possible jip tele3 21 spin (dash) d2 2exhat jik exDK 3exhat tele3 plumflower (i'll try this later this month) or something else.

On the pressure, i was talking with Wildabeast about this very recently and i think it's been known about for a minute but because of how risky and gimmicky it is i'm not sure it's practical depending on how much advantage it is (EDIT: just checked the frame data, and +13 isnt enough for lao to use an attack that will hit a crouching opponent, but it's smart that you use the jip to jail them standing, hmm). it it's more than i think it might be really good in setting up some stuff that i'm going to contemplate and try out and i'll let you know.
thanks bro! I will be alert for any help!

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
I find it easier to land the EX Divekick after a jump kick rather than a jump punch for the pressure video. Guess I have to keep practicing.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
If it was known, sorry
Ender corner:
2,1,2,1,2,1~Ex GH = +4
Ender midscreen:
2~GH = +8 You can make a dash and wait for the enemy to block the reaction.
If it starts to roll back you can make a safe teleport, releasing the Ex GH => TP dalay 3

Last edited:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
If it was known, sorry
Ender corner:
2,1,2,1,2,1~Ex GH = +4
Ender midscreen:
2~GH = +8 You can make a dash and wait for the enemy to block the reaction.
If it starts to roll back you can make a safe teleport, releasing the Ex GH => TP dalay 3
very nice, i'll have to use this, also i came up with a splat setup after hitting someone with an ex-hat toss. its for the corner

Jip, 24~spin, JkDk, JKDK, 3~Ex Hat toss NJP~tele 1 (whiff). from there you can make it ambigious as to which side you'll be attacking from, and can easily confuse wakeup attempts.