What's new

Video/Tutorial ETC McFly's Anti-Wake Up Reset with Johnny Cage

ETC Mcfly returns to the realm of Mortal Kombat to bring some video love for the Hollywood superstar, better known as Johnny Cage!

Now, as Cage players are well aware, his combos are usually ended by a nut punch in order for guaranteed cross-up pressure, leading to immense chip damage and free meter-building. However, McFly has experimented with a unique route in dropping Cage's combos in favor of a potential set-up that counters Wake-Up attacks, as demonstrated in the video you will see below. No matter who the opposing character is or what Wake-Up they will, McFly confirms that this set-up will negate all of those at only the cost of one bar to Cage.

This does have an obvious downside: if anticipated and blocked, you'll be eating a full combo punish. Nevertheless, this could prove to be effective in discouraging your opponent's Wake-Ups should they get knocked down during a match. Do you guys believe this could be useful? Post below and discuss!

Credits to ETC McFly. :)

Enjoy!

Claude VonStroke GGA Dizzy MK-NBB MITDJT CrimsonShadow

Attachments

coolwhip

Noob
I'm really interested in seeing where this goes, but I feel Cage would be sacrificing too much by doing this (guranteed damage, Oki, guaranteed pressure afterwards, etc...). Often, your opponent won't be able to react to the fact that you dropped a combo, and won't even wake up attack (so if you end up doing ex nut punch anyway, you've lost a bar and got punished).

Still, it's worth seeing where this goes. Good work.

Wow. Thanks for this! What do you think is the advantage of doing this instead of ending in nut punch?
I'm really interested in seeing where this goes, but I feel Cage would be sacrificing too much by doing this (guranteed damage, Oki, guaranteed pressure afterwards, etc...). Often, your opponent won't be able to react to the fact that you dropped a combo, and won't even wake up attack (so if you end up doing ex nut punch anyway, you've lost a bar and got punished).

Still, it's worth seeing where this goes. Good work.
Seems to me like it would best benefit you to use it as a way to end rounds or matches in order to bait out that YOLO wake up and beat it out.
I forgot .. in some cases it is not necessary the use of the armor.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
don't see how this helps with kenshi, u have to get in an juggle him first before it becomes relevant.