What's new

Question Escrima Help

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Hello fellow Dick's
I have been playing Nightwing for about a week now and am really enjoying the character. I do decent with him coming from maining aquaman, but I feel like my offense in ecrsrima stance is lacking. How are you guys finding it the easiest to maintain pressure and initiate combos from escrima, I have been trying f213 but hasn't really been working out for me the best. Also some tips on the easiest way to cancel from escrima and staff and vice versa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Get within Escrima b2 footsie range. Use ground spark cancels to bait them into blocking low. Space out a whiffed jump in and b2 the shit out of them.

For maintaining pressure, MB Flipkick puts you at +1. You can follow up with f213 and it will beat corps charge and lightening charge.

You can check out @PartyEagle's corner guide for maintaining pressure.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
B23 Escrima Fury will be a good start for a beginner. From there you can practice baiting your opponent like NDZ said. As soon as you read a crouching opponent B23 or B233 immediately and you may follow that up with Escrima Fury just to push them back into the corner for your advantage. Ground spark will condition them to block low (if they don't jump over it). If they're blocking low, mix it up because you don't want your opponent to read your B2 too often, so you may do a ground spark cancel into a Jump Forward 3 + Wing Dings.

Beyond that, use your D1 to read how they block. If they block D1 with a crouching block, this will be your chance to work your overheads. If they do it with a stand block, don't be shy in getting a bit closer and using a throw/grab. Just make sure you throw them in the direction towards the corner where Nightwing does most of his damage.

Sajam has very good Nightwing videos that go over resetting, great set ups, crossing your opponent up (corner pressure)

Back 2 at the start of a match works 80 percent of the time for me, and his jump in 2 is hard to time but if you can get it down it throws people off on block timing, staff is a lot better dont get me wrong, but I have a lot more fun playing a match with escrima if I can

Here's a combo to give you on some ideas on attacks that connect