What's new

Error 29001 after Patch 1.07 Installation

Hello, folks!

Good day to all of you. I am currently having issues with Street Fighter V for the PC.

Right now I am unable to connect to the CFN servers due to an error 29001 showing up on my screen whenever the game is loading patch 1.07. I have tried exhausting all efforts from port-forwarding (but reverted my router servings back to the previous config as there have been reports of players being banned after port-forwarding their routers), up to uninstalling and re-installing my copy of Street Fighter V and the error still pops up. I wasn't able to utilize the Double FM Weekend due to this issue and I can't collect fight money due to not being able to connect to CFN.

Is this an isolated case on my end or is this a recurring issue for most players?

What other solutions can I do so I can connect to CFN?

Thanks!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Hello, folks!

Good day to all of you. I am currently having issues with Street Fighter V for the PC.

Right now I am unable to connect to the CFN servers due to an error 29001 showing up on my screen whenever the game is loading patch 1.07. I have tried exhausting all efforts from port-forwarding (but reverted my router servings back to the previous config as there have been reports of players being banned after port-forwarding their routers), up to uninstalling and re-installing my copy of Street Fighter V and the error still pops up. I wasn't able to utilize the Double FM Weekend due to this issue and I can't collect fight money due to not being able to connect to CFN.

Is this an isolated case on my end or is this a recurring issue for most players?

What other solutions can I do so I can connect to CFN?

Thanks!
This is news for me. First time hearing that they get banned from SFV due of port-forwarding. What's so bad to fix the connection issues?

Have done that for PS3 and X360 a while ago, and never had such ban hammering issues like this.

Try making a new nick, and see if it insists, because I suspect that it's associated with your main nick.

This is news for me. First time hearing that they get banned from SFV due of port-forwarding. What's so bad to fix the connection issues?

Have done that for PS3 and X360 a while ago, and never had such ban hammering issues like this.

Try making a new nick, and see if it insists, because I suspect that it's associated with your main nick.
Problem is, I can't log in to CFN in the first place to change my nick. Also, my error 29001 happened BEFORE I tried port-forwarding. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall both Steam and SFV and the error still persists. I can't play as my downloaded characters Ibuki and Guile because of this. I am losing hope for this game now.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Problem is, I can't log in to CFN in the first place to change my nick. Also, my error 29001 happened BEFORE I tried port-forwarding. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall both Steam and SFV and the error still persists. I can't play as my downloaded characters Ibuki and Guile because of this. I am losing hope for this game now.
Seems like an issue with the servers. I heard a while ago in these forums about this similar problem. You're not the only one. Instead of telling this here, why not directing this problem to the devs? They might help ya.

Seems like an issue with the servers. I heard a while ago in these forums about this similar problem. You're not the only one. Instead of telling this here, why not directing this problem to the devs? They might help ya.
I did email [email protected] but of course, we don't usually get satisfactory answers from customer service reps...