What's new

Erron Black vs. Wakeup U3

Erron can low profile a handful of U3's with either D3, D4, Sweep, or neutral duck for full punishes. Against the following 3 characters D3, D4, and Sweep all dodge U3 every time because their U3's suck. They are

Jade
Noob Saibot
Sub Zero

There are a few characters where it gets tricky though. Some characters he can only avoid U3 at certain spacings or with certain moves. They're detailed below.

At anything outside of point blank, you can neutral duck U3 even though D3, D4, and Sweep would all get hit. See here.
Similar to Cetrion, the last hit of Kung Lao U3 is duckable at at anything outside of point blank. All other moves will get clipped. See here.
This one is pretty janky. Liu's U3 can only be avoided with D4, but it doesn't look like a low profile. It looks like Erron's D4 shifts his hurtbox backwards away from the U3. But you don't get a full punish because after Liu Kang punches, he takes a step back instead of staying in place. Overall just a really weird interaction. See here.
Ahh this one is my favorite. Just from the animation of her U3, it looks like you should be able to low profile it. I knew I had done it but I was getting hit more often than not so I was wondering if I just suck at the game. But it turns out it's because Skarlet is right handed. Depending on her stance, Skarlet will swing her scythe differently during her U3. She will always swing with her far hand meaning:

If Skarlet is on P2 side, she will swing like a left-handed baseball player if she is facing the camera. In this situation, U3 can be low profiled with D3, D4, and Sweep. But if Skarlet is facing away from the camera, she will start her swing with her right hand. In this case, U3 can not be low profiled at all. See here.

But if Skarlet is on P1 side, it is the opposite. If she is facing the camera, she will swing with her right hand. This can not be low profiled. But if she is facing away from the camera, she will swing like a lefty. Again, this can be low profiled by all 3 moves. See here.

I don't know how viable this is against her considering stance specific combos have always been a bill. You have to have crazy awareness to know what stance she was in before you knocked her down as well as what moves change her stance after hitting. But it is an option.

Against characters you can D3, they pretty much can't do anything on wakeup except roll which doesn't get them anything. If they roll away, you can chase them with F4 or just take the reset to back to neutral (and then Big Boot them). If they roll towards, D3 recovers in time for you to block or challenge with a button. Overall I think this is pretty good info to have considering how powerful of an option this is against the super strong wakeup system.

Edit: I don't have DLC characters so if someone could help test those out that'd be awesome

Last edited: