What's new

Erron Black Third Variation Discussion

REO

Undead

My full thoughts are in the video above.

For those that don't know, Erron Black's third variation will be acquiring:

Netherbeast Trap:
- Two slot trap move that hits Low.

Acid Pour:
- 17 frame mid attack that activates a krushing blow if an opponent is standing in acid during it.

Neeko

Noob
The variation is gonna be completely useless unless it gets some form of zoning(even if it’s just giving him the faster reload and pistol string moves as base for the character) and safety off b2.

SinkFla

Noob
The variation is gonna be completely useless unless it gets some form of zoning(even if it’s just giving him the faster reload and pistol string moves as base for the character) and safety off b2.
I don't play EB often but oh boy that trap is pretty useful. When amplified he kicks it across the ground and can provide for some silly ass setups.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
no scud shot will hurt against low projectiles.... 52 card pick up is still much better. Netheran trap is fun to play with though

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
In order for this variation to be viable he needs acid pour to be safe at least -10.Or they could allow him to have enhanced lock and loaded as a universal base ability.Bear Trap is too slow and there arent many ways to set it up.Youd have to risk doing raw F34 which is flawless blockable.The variation is currently too unsafe to be useful.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
OK you guys are forcing it, all he needs his sand trap sped up a little and the variation is fine

MagicMan357

You want me to explain how making something better will make the variation better...

Yep TYM is done for

You can have it

Ermaculate_Slim

You want me to explain how making something better will make the variation better...

Yep TYM is done for

You can have it
So asking you to explain your statement so we can have a rational duscussion on a character is too much for you to grasp? You right tym really has gone down the tubes smfh.

MagicMan357

Yes because i have to explain how making something better will make something better, wtf is wrong you guys seriously?

What more can i explain? I never even brought up 52 card pick up, i made a factual statement thats not deep at all.

IF they shave frames off the startup for example put it to 35 start up is that not better than 59?

Ermaculate_Slim

Yes because i have to explain how making something better will make something better, wtf is wrong you guys seriously?

What more can i explain? I never even brought up 52 card pick up, i made a factual statement thats not deep at all.

IF they shave frames off the startup for example put it to 35 start up is that not better than 59?
Buffing that one move will not make the variation better.He need b22 to be safer its -15 on block.Thats a free d4.He needs acid pour to be at least -10.He highest damaging combo is 21 to 22% that trash.Just watch reos vid he explains all that.

Neeko

Noob

YOu have no idea how erron is as a character if you think speeding up trap will make the variation good. He will have not a single safe mid in this variation and no zoning

REO

Undead
So how do you guys like Erron Black's brand new variation?

I haven't tried it yet because I'm so comfortable with 52 Kard Pick Up I never feel like I have a reason to switch to something else.

Neeko

Noob
So how do you guys like Erron Black's brand new variation?

I haven't tried it yet because I'm so comfortable with 52 Kard Pick Up I never feel like I have a reason to switch to something else.
I mean it’s ass what else is there to say. There’s no competitive reason to use the new variation.

Ermaculate_Slim

feels bad. i could live without scud shot and enhanced rifle but losing so many strings is just too much. the strings should be in every variation.
They should at least make Enhanced lock and loaded universal so he can have some type of combo potential in all variations.Atm Ive been running Barking Irons its pretty decent but it could be so much better if they gave that perk.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.

He said “better or just as good as 52 card pickup” and you interpreted it as “better.” Im not sure why he didn’t point this out but it would’ve saved everyone here a couple of minutes

Ermaculate_Slim

He said “better or just as good as 52 card pickup” and you interpreted it as “better.” Im not sure why he didn’t point this out but it would’ve saved everyone here a couple of minutes
Yea idk why either he added nothing to the the topic at hand and I shouldnt have even entertained it.

DeftMonk

Noob
just read this thread cuz I was interested in Reo’s thoughts. What I found was people talking to someone I can’t see and all of a sudden getting highly agitated. Magicman must have been here.