What's new

Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Any one else upset at the lack of brutalities for his 52 kard pickup variation? I grinded the krypt last night just to unlock some brutals only find they are pretty much have to do with his TNT throw...

The only ones I got so far for the 52 kard variation is the standard uppercut and a back throw brutal.

jakehk

Noob
Has anyone seen any brutalities besides uppercut, tnt, self tnt, head stomp, cattle toss and beast trap? Or is that all of them

Just for anyone who’s considered using it, the 21212 on a stick is immensely easier than on a pad.

I use
1 2 blk int
3 4 flip throw

And I’ve been having huge success. Blocking def takes some getting used to be it’s been a 100% worth it switch.

I am really interested in his second variation. It seems really fun but I'm just really unsure what to use tnt for or how to get it out safe. I love how he has his command grab but it isn't doing his corner game any favors. Lastly the slide and boot cancels seem good on paper, but why use them over scud cancels, which cost no bar, and has a bunch of other utility? I hope someone finds some tech to make this variation useful

Ansewering the questions...

Why do you like Erron Black?
Because I feel keen to his cowboyish style and have similar perspectives on life.

Were you happy with his playstyle in MKX?
Everything except "put'em up"... GOD THAT WAS INSANE !

What are your hopes for Erron Black in MK11?
To become a top tier character and keep that for the rest of the game

Would you like to see him return in MK12 as well?
KTotally !

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Question for everyone: I know 52 Kard is the go to and what not, but has anyone been experimenting with custom combinations?

I like combing his command grab, peacemaker special(this is a totally safe special that can be tacked onto safe mids for pressure and to create stagger scenarios) and the TNT toss. Allows for safety, increased mix and some fun little mind games/set up potential.

I am really interested in his second variation. It seems really fun but I'm just really unsure what to use tnt for or how to get it out safe. I love how he has his command grab but it isn't doing his corner game any favors. Lastly the slide and boot cancels seem good on paper, but why use them over scud cancels, which cost no bar, and has a bunch of other utility? I hope someone finds some tech to make this variation useful
Command grab is awesome, it's just paired oddly and from what I have labbed of the slide and boot cancels, nothing is safe and the best is still pretty negative so it's not gonna be some pressure tool type of cancels. What I also like about this variation is the easy combos off krushing blows like I'll do the 2,1,2,1,2 krushing blow into forward 3, amplified command grab for like 36%

I use the MB TNT to check people sometimes and toss it. Most of the time that I toss TNT, I don't expect it to hit, but I wanna force you to either do something or NOT do something. Like earlier today I did down 2 and the person fell on the TNT and were open for more damage, which I think is cool since I forced them to jump away from it. The command grab animation is so long that it's just like stalling time.

I think the big issue is people just wanna do the effective first strategy, but personally I really enjoy his second variation a lot more and it's the only one I use other than my customs.

Question for everyone: I know 52 Kard is the go to and what not, but has anyone been experimenting with custom combinations?

I like combing his command grab, peacemaker special(this is a totally safe special that can be tacked onto safe mids for pressure and to create stagger scenarios) and the TNT toss. Allows for safety, increased mix and some fun little mind games/set up potential.

Command grab is awesome, it's just paired oddly and from what I have labbed of the slide and boot cancels, nothing is safe and the best is still pretty negative so it's not gonna be some pressure tool type of cancels. What I also like about this variation is the easy combos off krushing blows like I'll do the 2,1,2,1,2 krushing blow into forward 3, amplified command grab for like 36%

I use the MB TNT to check people sometimes and toss it. Most of the time that I toss TNT, I don't expect it to hit, but I wanna force you to either do something or NOT do something. Like earlier today I did down 2 and the person fell on the TNT and were open for more damage, which I think is cool since I forced them to jump away from it. The command grab animation is so long that it's just like stalling time.

I think the big issue is people just wanna do the effective first strategy, but personally I really enjoy his second variation a lot more and it's the only one I use other than my customs.
I don't think second variation is "bad". You can probably get some good stuff going with it. The fact that dynamite hurts Erron is not ideal, of course. Honestly, I think it's less about what it does have and more about what it doesn't: Enhanced Locked n' Loaded. That move feels so much worse without the Enhanced version on so many levels I don't know if you should even bother using it at all.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Sonic said the 2nd variation is trash
The 2nd variation is, no question. The startup for his netherbeast trap is slow, it doesn't last terribly long, and it takes up 2 ability slots which is ridiculous... not to mention it's probably the most obvious move ever. It's really only useful when you amplify it for a combo setup, but he honestly has way better options.

Reactions: jmt
Greetings friends, sorry if its been asked but 10+ pages. I saw a video of Michaelangelo vs Reo and he was doing stuff like rifle stance 3 into shots and reload into shots. Anyone have an answer on how to do these things?
Edit: nvm I figured it out, you hold up in rifle stance

Last edited: