What's new

Erron Black General Discussion Thread

ruskor

Noob
BNB 1
BNB 2

From faffing around and some of the stuff ITT. Tried to get 2,1, f23 xx bf3 after the bf4 (2) but seems like it's either not possible or really friggin' tight.
In BNB2 you can add a d1 before the f32 for 311 dmg. I wonder if 21 f32 slide works I can't get it to hit.

In BNB2 you can add a d1 before the f32 for 311 dmg. I wonder if 21 f32 slide works I can't get it to hit.
Thanks but I keep missing the down 1, not consisted enough with it. Ill stick with 1x1x4 for now. decent damage

edit: I got it to work, I just have to do down 1 really late. great combo. i do it after all my launches now great setup for the acid

Last edited:
just mashing 21212 is pretty easy but damn canceling into rifle is pretty tough. i thought nrs games are supposed to have easy execution?
View attachment 14218
Its just a timing window thing , once you learn when to cancel into it it'll become super easy to do , and also i think substituting u2 after bf4 with d3 is way better considering it does 5% more damage and it launches them higher which helps landing f32 waay easier

Its just a timing window thing , once you learn when to cancel into it it'll become super easy to do , and also i think substituting u2 after bf4 with d3 is way better considering it does 5% more damage and it launches them higher which helps landing f32 waay easier

Im struggling with the 21 cancel timing too, I think its the combination of needing to mash it out and also time the cancel. b222 cancel is easier for me.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I like the inclusion of d+1.

I tried to connect the slide after 2,1, f+3,2, but the opponent is too low to the ground for the slide to hit.

f+2,1 was butchered in the hotfix. The string is no longer special cancelable. It is also -11 on block now. There is some damage reduction on the shots in LnL, but everything else is the same or better. I have a feeling this character is very strong because of his versatility.

I like the inclusion of d+1.

I tried to connect the slide after 2,1, f+3,2, but the opponent is too low to the ground for the slide to hit.

f+2,1 was butchered in the hotfix. The string is no longer special cancelable. It is also -11 on block now. There is some damage reduction on the shots in LnL, but everything else is the same or better. I have a feeling this character is very strong because of his versatility.
Good stuff, keep us updated

Mid screen I found

21212xx bf4 2, 111xx db1 for poison set up or can slide

Corner

21212xx bf4 2, 21, 111 db1(close poison)

Sorry haven't had a lot of time to lab. That being said I agree the 21212 string is very annoying and my thumb is very sore from all the sliding back and forth.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So what are you guys doing in the neutral other than f21, b122 and f32? Any go to punish strings other than the 21string?
d+4.

Erron Black's d+4 is the fastest in the game at 8 frames of start up. The hit advantage (+16) is so long that you can forward dash and jail with the b+2 string or throw. d+4 also has minimal low-profiling properties. If you watch Sonic Fox play, he rarely does any moves outside of d+4 and the b+2 string in footsies.

At about half screen away, toss an acid puddle. Your opponent is now forced to react by moving forward or backward so you can start doing boots, which carry little risk, or slides, which ought to used scarcely. Depending on the match, you can also enter LnL and start zoning and reloading bullets.

I reiterate. This character is massively fun to play.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
In EL&L, if you do 21212 bf4 2 b2u4 db1, I think that's as plus as you'll get. You end up about +12ish on their wakeup, giving you more time to move in and out, which is nice in the corner. You can probably start to play around wakeup attacks and rolls with this.

Edit: Also, what the heck is up with bf4 on PC. It definitely is slower than what I'm seeing in combo videos. Did it get patched?

Edit Edit: For those struggling with 21212, you must input the final 212 within the startup of 21.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: THIS MAY NOT WORK AFTER PATCH PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS. Seems like they moved the active frames of the u4 to later in the move. :<

Last edited:
For everyone still having trouble doing 21212 bf4 cancel. make sure you ONLY do 21 21 2 nothing extra. if you do 21 21 21 by accident you can't cancel anymore. Please someone try it out and confirm or disconfirm it. Cuz I play on stick and piano 21 21 21 and was never able to cancel it.
I actually stuggled alot with this since I was just mashing 21 over and over again, I can confirm it works if you only do 21 21 21, and im on pc if that means anything.

Knobbonk

Burn this motherfucker to the ground
If you're playing 52 Kard (of course you are)

If you're out of ammo, and you pop them up with bf4,d+3 you can do 2,1 xx bf4,2 and get the krushing blow then finish the combo from there.

I only played with hitting the initial overhead raw or after a block, but you might be able to get it after combing into the d+3 overhead.

I'll mess w/it more tonight but its possibly a mad damage opportunity after dumping your ammo.

i can do 21 cancel now but only with rifle2. how the hell do you guys pull d3? i feel like its way too slow. i can also only cancel the third hit. if i try to delay my timing i get the full 21 string.

Knobbonk

Burn this motherfucker to the ground
Dial in the whole 21212 string, then stop. Do bf4 when you see the 3rd hit. Don't rush it out, don't wait for the 4th hit to start. It seems hard until you hit it once, then the lightbulb will go on. The timing is easy, it just isn't where you think it should be.

i can do 21 cancel now but only with rifle2. how the hell do you guys pull d3? i feel like its way too slow. i can also only cancel the third hit. if i try to delay my timing i get the full 21 string.
Im having trouble with this too, i cant combo off the down 3 after the cancel. Its tough

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Dial in the whole 21212 string, then stop. Do bf4 when you see the 3rd hit. Don't rush it out, don't wait for the 4th hit to start. It seems hard until you hit it once, then the lightbulb will go on. The timing is easy, it just isn't where you think it should be.
Thanks for this, I've been having some issues with the timing on some strings like Erron's 21212