What's new

Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Resistible

MK fan since '92
You know, I'm sitting here watching the gameplay of Erron Black and something just hit me, he fires a bullet to deflect against projectiles. That's all well and good against someone like Jade, Kitana, or Kotal Kahn, but how would that work with Liu Kang's fireball or Noob Saibot's Ghost Ball? Would Sub-Zero's projectile freeze the bullet?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
You know, I'm sitting here watching the gameplay of Erron Black and something just hit me, he fires a bullet to deflect against projectiles. That's all well and good against someone like Jade, Kitana, or Kotal Kahn, but how would that work with Liu Kang's fireball or Noob Saibot's Ghost Ball? Would Sub-Zero's projectile freeze the bullet?
Lore wise, who knows. But gameplay wise he's gonna cancel those out just like any other projectile.

W40k Erron Black

Ready to eat lead?
Hello there,

as Erron Black was the reason i started playing MKX and fighting games in general, i am super hyped for him in MK11. Im a long time lurker but i think its finally time to join the conversation.

I really love his look. Im personally happy that they gave him a rifle and not the outlaw sword. I think it fits way better with his character. I really miss coin toss and gunslinger stance though, not gonna lie.

His Fatality while not being the most creative, is still pretty sick. I love the way he is walking towards his enemy spinning his revolver. Its so damn sick.

So far im happy with him and they still got some things they didnt show. Mk 11 looks amazing and i cant wait to play it.
Also Im really looking forward to discuss everything mk11 with you guys.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I legit have no issues with him at all. His animation, his style, his moves are just perfect.

Malec

Noob
It's way to early, but his moves look kinda slow to me, except for slide obviously. Netherbeast trap and the whole rifle walking and shooting and reloading in such a fast pasted and teleport heavy game? I hope he end up beeing good.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Erron looks great, seems like a character with depth in a game where a lot of the characters are super basic

It's annoying how we don't know the variation presets so we can't even theorise properly but with what's been shown at least, I'm unsure how useful his rifle stance will be without the trap. With the trap it should be fine

I wonder if you can stack acid. Like Trap -> Amp Slide to drop the acid, they fall into the trap, you continue the combo and end in another Amp Slide so they're taking double through DoT. Def gonna enjoy labbing this char

Parasurama

Dragon
One of the things I really wanted him to have in MKX but didn't was dynamite. Glad they found a way to put it in here! I think his other Fatality is probably gone use it in some way.
As an outsider (non player) to Erron Black but am fan of a cowboy character in a FG.
I think dynamite looks a bit corny especially the way it looks in the throw. In MKX he has so much style. I playing MKX recently and the X Ray with having a bullet with the opponent’s name on it was just so cool. Anyway it is still early - big red dynamite things will grow on me perhaps.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I never even noticed that we never got an intro for him. I heard people mentioning that he might have a new Voice Actor, but without the intro it's hard to tell

NerOo007

Noob
Tournament variations of Erron on vanilla version of the game, don't forget this could be fixed with d1 patched ( and i hope it do)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah I'm more just looking at the moves since the variations are incomplete, I'm glad they're so far all 1 slot

That TNT bomb one seems interesting, like a Joker's teeth type move. I wonder if Acid Pour is another command grab or just an ender, either way it seems to leave them in front of Erron which is something he definitely needs and could also leave them standing by the looks of it

Enhanced Boot Drop seems to show his old 32 string in MKX which is what Bit did on the Kast so I would presume that Bit showed off some of this ability's new strings and completely forgot it was even a slot, since he only showed two additional special moves after

Enhanced Locked and Loaded seems very interesting, that seems to be a launcher in the photo. And his Down Peacemaker seemed like a very strong ability on the Kast

NOMAS

Noob
TNT setups seems like it's going to be the meat and potatoes of his 2nd variation. Especially with it being unblockable and having a fairly fast mid for the MB version.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Do you know the stuff for Erron that you know for Johnny? i.e best moves etc
At least in this variation, it looks like the emphasis is on controlling the mid-range with Lock and Loaded and Slide.

Even though Slide has a slow startup, you could still slide on reaction to the startup of opponent's high projectiles to punish them. This makes it so he could zone the opponent out with his rifle, but they can't do anything back.

Normally you could also crouch under high projectiles with Lock and Loaded too, but in this variation Lock and Loaded has D2 added to it.
The D2 from Lock and Loaded makes Erron go prone. This means that he could even shoot under MID projectiles which is nuts.

Add in the fact that he could lay down poison for the opponent to walk in on, his safe overhead that could be amplified, and the added equip F21 and F2121 (mid starting string with some reach to it) and I'd say he's going to play pretty unique to any other space control character in the game.

I wonder how his other variation will play.

At least in this variation, it looks like the emphasis is on controlling the mid-range with Lock and Loaded and Slide.

Even though Slide has a slow startup, you could still slide on reaction to the startup of opponent's high projectiles to punish them. This makes it so he could zone the opponent out with his rifle, but they can't do anything back.

Normally you could also crouch under high projectiles with Lock and Loaded too, but in this variation Lock and Loaded has D2 added to it.
The D2 from Lock and Loaded makes Erron go prone. This means that he could even shoot under MID projectiles which is nuts.

Add in the fact that he could lay down poison for the opponent to walk in on, his safe overhead that could be amplified, and the added equip F21 and F2121 (mid starting string with some reach to it) and I'd say he's going to play pretty unique to any other space control character in the game.

I wonder how his other variation will play.
Interesting, I know his other variation has a tech command grab. That alone will make me use that, good for mixups.

SquidlyB

Noob
Here you go Erron Black mains!!! This'll make it easier to see what he's capable of:

Enjoy!! :D

I apologize in advance for being a scrub, but I have a quick question on string startup frame data. So when looking at black's 1 normal it's 8 startup and -3 on block. When looking at black's 11 string it's 13 frames of startup. Are the 13 frames of startup in the 11 string for the second hit in the string or the collective startup frames for both moves (8 frames for 1 and 5 frames for the second 1)? In the past Ive seen string startup data look much lower indicating it's for the last move in the string listed, is that the case here? Not sure if I'm overthinking it, but since 1 is -3 on block, does that mean there's an 8 frame gap between 11? In general, how does one calculate string gaps? Just trying to learn more on frame data