What's new

Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I just realized that everyones favorite Mortal Kombat cowboy does not only not have a General Discussion Thread, but that he actually doesn't even have a single thread so far in general. What an Injustice:

Use this thread to discuss everything Erron Black related:

Why do you like Erron Black?
Were you happy with his playstyle in MKX?
What are your hopes for Erron Black in MK11?
Would you like to see him return in MK12 as well?
Do you think Erron Black will actually win a fight in the story mode for once?

I was a little interested in mkx about erron but never played him, now that he's in mk11 I will definitely give him a try, he looks badass to me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I imagine he's going to swing his long rifle in mid range.

I have one huge question in regards to his playstyle though.
Will Erron Black have a command grab in his base moveset/variation moveset?

He was such a mixup character before, so I just really don't know which way they'll take him in his game.

Either way, like everyone else, I'll enjoy stabbing him in the face as Kano.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Erron without a mask looks alright but I'm always gonna give him one.
Really looking forward to his gameplay, wonder how much of his MKX moves are gonna be here? Seems like he's gonna be a mix of Gunslinger and Marksman.
Edit: Oh yeah really hope he still throws dirt and sand in the opponents face as well, that was sick.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was hoping he’d get gun-blades this time around

Woulda made for some badass moves and animations.

I also feel like it’d have been more character defining than some random Tarkatan arm. I hope they ditch that and at least give him a legit blade or something entirely unique to him within the game.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I mainly used his Outlaw variation due to the reach of his F2, 2, 2 combo, a longer-range NJP, his Sand Toss for setting up for combos, and his Tarkatan Stab for a hard knockdown and DOT, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got going for him this go-around.

Really looking forward to his return. I loved his aesthetics in MKX but I felt he was a little "sluggish" in the normals and strings department. I'd like to see less emphasis on particular pressure strings (looking at you, 21122...) and more emphasis on zoning, as he IS a gunslinger. Personally, I'd do away with Stand Off Stance and just have separate commands for straight shots, AA shots, etc. without having to commit to the startup of the stance.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
He was good addition to MKX so I always welcome him with open arms. That sort of newcomers I like very much. Even if he is human techincally, he represents cool archtype that wasn't present in MK before and he is enchanced a bit by Shangs magic which makes him even cooler.
Without mask he looks uninspired though. Definitelly needs to have a mask+hat setup once in game. Damn, I really want to have Nightwolf as a DLC to check interactions between them too!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Erron is pretty cool, very interesting character, hope to see if NRS will give more source story background to him in this game. Hope to see if he will keep his Tarkatan Blade as part of setup move set.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Mortal Kombats very own Deadshot!

I’m still kinda bummed that website fucked up his bio... I don’t like Erron to be a Black Dragon, I need that Shang Tsung story back with Erron.

He could have been be a Earth-contestant for a tournament against outwold, but he helped betray earthrealm for money at that time by killing another earth warrior for Shang Tsung, which rewarded him with immortality in return.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Glad this was made, I had been meaning to but hadn't gotten around to it. I really love his redesign much better than his original design in MKX

I feel like the opposite of most people in that I think he looks great unmasked with the cowboy hat kind of like Arthur Morgan so most of my loadouts will probably be without the mask plus there's so many masked characters that it feels like over kill to a degree. His primary is also great.

His demeanor and voice actor are phenomenal. When it comes to what I'd like to see, I really enjoy gunslinger so I hope it returns in some form but heavily refined. Since 50/50's are less emphasized I kind of hope NRS makes him a footsie based counter zoner with his rifle for some advancing strings, make his slide continue to go under projectiles but be safe and mid for a counter zoning option. I also hope he gets his sand grenades back so he can arc throw them instead of rolling them on the ground. I'm indifferent on command grab being base.

I'm just really excited for this character after Red Dead Redemption and his redesign has really sold me to the point that the only character I would put above him in terms of who I am super hype to use is Jade and that's kind of become a 5-5 match up. He looks fun and inspired so I'm looking forward to being heavily involved in this character community as of now.

I’m still kinda bummed that website fucked up his bio... I don’t like Erron to be a Black Dragon, I need that Shang Tsung story back with Erron.

He could have been be a Earth-contestant for a tournament against outwold, but he helped betray earthrealm for money at that time by killing another earth warrior for Shang Tsung, which rewarded him with immortality in return.
I agree I don't really care for the Black Dragon tie ins, I think he would stand out more being his own man.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Erron Black is a freestyle mercenary, so, attracted for opportunities that might generate a lot of .... money ! so, no surprise here he having a thing for the Black Dragon, there is affinity among parts here ! :D

Xelz

Go over there!
I was stoked to play Erron in MKX - loved his visual design, backstory, and the idea of playing a morally grey, spaghetti Western gunslinging mercenary in Outworld. But his variations mostly ruined him for me - two thirds of them didn't include his hat, and initially his most popular and viable variation was an in-your-face 50/50 sword fighter. So not really what I expected. He still had a great and unique move set - don't get me wrong, he was very well designed - it just didn't match what initially drew me to him.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic that NRS is doubling down on his gunslinger aesthetic in MK11. *fingers crossed*

I agree. An immortal cowboy mercenary is fucking cool. Some Black Dragon dude from today who wears a cowboy hat and dresses in cosplay from a time a hundred years before he was born is kind of lame. If that's an accurate bio, I hope part of the story mode is Kronika bringing in a cool version of Black to shoot the lame version in the face.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah I thought Erron was tight pre-release too. His first few images in the comic were so sick. That picture of him being interrogated by SF with Kotal was sexy af. The shadows under his hat gave him that classic mystery that Kung Lao used to have. He didn't translate as well ingame. Wasn't half as cool as he was in the comic. Also didn't help how bad his costumes were and that you could only have his hat in one variation

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Gunslinger was cool with his specials, even though I hate zoning.
F1 was broken cancer until the last fix.
My favorite thing in him was the command grab, that was twisted AF. People straight fell for 212cg no matter how skilled they were. Coin shot was cool too. Predator X-Ray had me dead the first time I saw it. That being said he isn’t that appealing for me. Maybe if he uses his rifle more outside of just one variation then I might enjoy playing him.