What's new

Erron Black advice is strongly needed

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
Hey guys I've been using the 52 Card Pickup variation but I am getting BLOWN UP online. Some matches I'm barely touching my opponent and I know that should never be the case. So I'm obviously doing something very, very wrong.

How do you guys play in the neutral position. I find myself out of position very often and eating full combos, struggling to escape the corner, and I don't do well with the footsies battle.

Any general rules to follow when playing this character? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys I've been using the 52 Card Pickup variation but I am getting BLOWN UP online. Some matches I'm barely touching my opponent and I know that should never be the case. So I'm obviously doing something very, very wrong.

How do you guys play in the neutral position. I find myself out of position very often and eating full combos, struggling to escape the corner, and I don't do well with the footsies battle.

Any general rules to follow when playing this character? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It is probably not due to the character but lack of fundamental. Yeah as previous post said Erron Black can help filling the lack of fundamentals but probably will not auto win lol.
B222 will not help alone if you press it in really wrong time but yes it can cover lot of things.

Keep playing. :) Lord Brady has posted a good video about footsies recently. :)
And Sonicfox too few weeks/months ago with IJ2.

Last edited:

I generally try and stay about jump distance from the opponent. This keeps f4, slide or riffle always a threat. If they move forward or do a forward advancing move you can usually catch them with a b122 or f32 to push them back. If you drop a poison under them they often jump forward out of it, then just back away enough so they wiff their jump attack and go ham on b222 + combo.

This is very general and obviously depending on the players style all of this will change every match but if you keep his best tools always a threat, you can keep them guessing and get them to play your game.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yo i need adivce too , i have trouble with his b222 string . Dont know why but often shot or gun if it hits dont come out . In training it works perfect but in real matches I often try to do b222 and see if it hits . If yes ofc stance into combo and if not i try to cancel into shot. I think every erron does that . But the problem is it often dont come out for me . Any tips on timing ?

Yo i need adivce too , i have trouble with his b222 string . Dont know why but often shot or gun if it hits dont come out . In training it works perfect but in real matches I often try to do b222 and see if it hits . If yes ofc stance into combo and if not i try to cancel into shot. I think every erron does that . But the problem is it often dont come out for me . Any tips on timing ?
Yes, it comes down to over mashing the button. You have to precisely ONLY hit it 3 times. If you accidentally input a 4th press the cancels will not work.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yes, it comes down to over mashing the button. You have to precisely ONLY hit it 3 times. If you accidentally input a 4th press the cancels will not work.
Oh ok thx , it explains why in training it works but in real match nope . In training im focusing on doing combo and dont mash while in match I dont think about it and press in too many times :D

Oh ok thx , it explains why in training it works but in real match nope . In training im focusing on doing combo and dont mash while in match I dont think about it and press in too many times :D
Totally. While I'm pretty used to it now, in a tense match when trying to punish something it still happens to me quite a lot. Just have to practice triple clicking with your thumb until it's muscle memory.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Totally. While I'm pretty used to it now, in a tense match when trying to punish something it still happens to me quite a lot. Just have to practice triple clicking with your thumb until it's muscle memory.
I figured out for me best work pressing b2 together and taping 2 fast 2 times after :D So its b2 22. Same with his 21121 string , for me best works 21 and mashing 2 times 21 together lol I know there is also 211 21 method but im always too slow on first 11 part . I feel like nrs made erron on purpose like this . They knew he will be good so they made some kind of "execution barrier " lol