What's new

Ermac's Loyalty

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah that's what I was pointing out earlier with certain timelines, It's really as I was saying earlier regarding certain plotlines, with certain characters that is before some time events in the comics but not before D'vorah's intial story with Shao Kahn and her mingling with Kotal Kahn came way before that flashback sequence. Ermac was with Mileena in the comic but that was also before the flashback as remember during that time the amulet was within grasp then once that fight ended Raiden took it some where long before Rain found in it years later and gave it to Mileena(we just don't know where the hell Raiden hid it where Rain found it) just yet if that'll be revealed.

Not sure if Rain was playing her though, Tanya was definitely for her cause because she said it flat out and was literally fighting Kotal Kahn about that whole Edenia glory. Rain's also edenian though he is known to be treacherous he helped Mileena a long ass time and saved her ass after she burned herself not knowing how to use the Amulet. Though both Rain and Tanya tend to side with the side who's winning in the past to prevent dying...so I see what you mean.

I just re-read my pages and seems that everything with Ermac makes sense regarding his loyalty but as you said I think they could just flesh his relationship with mileena out more, maybe he was getting pissed and that's what lead to him turning on her in the game/flashback but after the comic alliance with Mileena. I believe D'vorah was "serving" mileena in name and presence only because she seemed to be consulting with KK behind the scenes and we all know her true master is Shinnok and his return which we learn in the MK X story eventually. I think she was just biding her time "serving the emperors" of outworld so nobody would suspect, she is a sneaky bitch I have to admit.

But yeah the covers of the comics are cool too, the volumes especially.

Yeah that's what I was pointing out earlier with certain timelines, It's really as I was saying earlier regarding certain plotlines, with certain characters that is before some time events in the comics but not before D'vorah's intial story with Shao Kahn and her mingling with Kotal Kahn came way before that flashback sequence. Ermac was with Mileena in the comic but that was also before the flashback as remember during that time the amulet was within grasp then once that fight ended Raiden took it some where long before Rain found in it years later and gave it to Mileena(we just don't know where the hell Raiden hid it where Rain found it) just yet if that'll be revealed.

Not sure if Rain was playing her though, Tanya was definitely for her cause because she said it flat out and was literally fighting Kotal Kahn about that whole Edenia glory. Rain's also edenian though he is known to be treacherous he helped Mileena a long ass time and saved her ass after she burned herself not knowing how to use the Amulet. Though both Rain and Tanya tend to side with the side who's winning in the past to prevent dying...so I see what you mean.

I just re-read my pages and seems that everything with Ermac makes sense regarding his loyalty but as you said I think they could just flesh his relationship with mileena out more, maybe he was getting pissed and that's what lead to him turning on her in the game/flashback but after the comic alliance with Mileena. I believe D'vorah was "serving" mileena in name and presence only because she seemed to be consulting with KK behind the scenes and we all know her true master is Shinnok and his return which we learn in the MK X story eventually. I think she was just biding her time "serving the emperors" of outworld so nobody would suspect, she is a sneaky bitch I have to admit.

But yeah the covers of the comics are cool too, the volumes especially.
Right, but the clip I embedded (referencing the specific times I mentioned) clearly takes place pre-main comic story. So the issue with Ermac does remain :(.

For Rain and Tanya, in the same embedded video, later on in the present day, Rain tells D'Vorah and I think Cassie he gave Mileena the amulet knowing her use of it would kill her, and he'd take over afterwards. So he may not have been at first (in the comics), but by the time of the game's main story he's definitely playing Mileena false.

How do you know Tanya was? In Story Mode she actually seemed legit and loyal.

Doesn't D'Vorah pledge herself to the NetherRealm in one of the comic issues I have yet to read? If so, she's not serving them at the time she kills Baraka.

MKF30

Oh that other clip yeah i'm not so sure I think it may take place after the comic, or around the same time. But anyway, guess we'll disagree there on that but I agree on everything else. I don't think the Ermac thing is a big deal since the comic showed he was still with Mileena, he just felt she wasn't the best choice to lead OW.

Yeah, I think at first he was really helping Mileena but as we all know Rain has his own agenda he also said it pains him to see Mileena using it every time I guess due to her ignorance of it's power. I'm sure at some point Rain would betray her I mean he did so to his own people. Tanya, is also similar but more of a do so to survive. I guess they're similar both also seem to have hope for Edenia too since they're both Edenians.

Tanya has a rep for deception, MK 4, MK Deception, and her MK X ending she betrayed Rain and sold him out to join KK lol....I'd say she's pretty trecherous.

D'vorah is a spie/a plant to keep an eye on everything thus why she stayed with KK, to keep an eye on OW and Earthrealm events. Her loyalty is to NR and Shinnok, Quan Chi etc. If you remember the cut scene in the future MKX story she was talking with a hologram of QC when she stole the Amulet to free Shinnok...so you're right she is and pretty much always been a worshiper of Shinnok and NR. She was posing as KK's general for a long time though while spying on everything going on.

Oh that other clip yeah i'm not so sure I think it may take place after the comic, or around the same time. But anyway, guess we'll disagree there on that but I agree on everything else. I don't think the Ermac thing is a big deal since the comic showed he was still with Mileena, he just felt she wasn't the best choice to lead OW.

Yeah, I think at first he was really helping Mileena but as we all know Rain has his own agenda he also said it pains him to see Mileena using it every time I guess due to her ignorance of it's power. I'm sure at some point Rain would betray her I mean he did so to his own people. Tanya, is also similar but more of a do so to survive. I guess they're similar both also seem to have hope for Edenia too since they're both Edenians.

Tanya has a rep for deception, MK 4, MK Deception, and her MK X ending she betrayed Rain and sold him out to join KK lol....I'd say she's pretty trecherous.

D'vorah is a spie/a plant to keep an eye on everything thus why she stayed with KK, to keep an eye on OW and Earthrealm events. Her loyalty is to NR and Shinnok, Quan Chi etc. If you remember the cut scene in the future MKX story she was talking with a hologram of QC when she stole the Amulet to free Shinnok...so you're right she is and pretty much always been a worshiper of Shinnok and NR. She was posing as KK's general for a long time though while spying on everything going on.
Well, Rain told his plans pretty point blank; he was going to betray Mileena and gave her the amulet to kill her. His whole "pains me" comment was likely lip service.

Which is why Tanya surprised me in the Story Mode. In it, she never does any betrayal and actually seems trustworthy. Her Klassic Tower Ladder ending is non-Canon, of course, so I wouldn't go by that.

Right. D'Vorah does pledge her service in the comics though, to the NetherRealm, correct?

MKF30

Oh you're talking about when Mileena was fighting and when Rain fought KK right? I remember, eh I don't know about the lip service but could go either way it was hard to tell in that given moment if he was feeling pity for Mileena or if he was being sarcastic with "it pains me every time she uses it and not me because she has no clue about it's power" kind of element...

Some of the endings arcade ones aren't canon but sometimes they are, given her character in general I'd say it could easily be canon if it meant her life or give up Rain? I'm sure Tanya would do it in a heartbeat lol.

Yes, D'vorah as far as I know from both game and comics has always been loyal to Shinnok ultimately while spying on Earth and OW being a "general" for Kotal Kahn. Sneaky lol

No, Rain actually says this in the Chapter that you fight him as D'Vorah; it should actually be later in the clip I posted above.

I remember in Chapter 2 Mileena telling Rain that it pains her to use it, as he's urging her to use the amulet to defeat Kotal. This is just before the ambush and Kotal is attacked by Kano.

Yup, I know some endings are, but for this game, we don't know which yet!

MKF30

Yeah I know, he says it during that same chapter that I'm referring to lol.

Yeah next game will confirm what's canon and not. Some of their arcade endings so long as they coincide with the canon story tend to be. Like Sektor's for example was definitely canon in MK 9 for example and Liu Kang's appears to be canon as it would make sense him being there forever now that Quan Chi's dead lol plus the story ended with him and Kitana being the new rulers of NR.

I hope Ermac's isn't but if they bring back Shang I have a bad feeling it may be lol. Guess we'll see.

Yeah I know, he says it during that same chapter that I'm referring to lol.

Yeah next game will confirm what's canon and not. Some of their arcade endings so long as they coincide with the canon story tend to be. Like Sektor's for example was definitely canon in MK 9 for example and Liu Kang's appears to be canon as it would make sense him being there forever now that Quan Chi's dead lol plus the story ended with him and Kitana being the new rulers of NR.

I hope Ermac's isn't but if they bring back Shang I have a bad feeling it may be lol. Guess we'll see.
Hmmm... In Sektor's ending, he killed his father to take the medallion, didn't he?

MKF30

Hmmm... In Sektor's ending, he killed his father to take the medallion, didn't he?
Yup. :) that's how he came to power and lead the 'll, turned everyone into cyborgs til sub zero returned, killed him and became the new grandmaster.

MKF30

Cool. Was that also confirmed in a comic issue I haven't read yet?

Yeah cause sub refers to it and how sector took over and turns everyone into cyborgs lol and clones. Sub zero was like yeah that's not happening lol. But I don't want to kill everything for you if you haven't read it yet, also good feats for sub too

Yeah cause sub refers to it and how sector took over and turns everyone into cyborgs lol and clones. Sub zero was like yeah that's not happening lol. But I don't want to kill everything for you if you haven't read it yet, also good feats for sub too
I actually don't mind spoilers since I've read about most of them.