What's new

Ermacs Levitate

SLy

Noob
I just picked up Mac and Ive never seen this up but it is something Ive been wondering for quite sometime. are there any effective ways to use to use his Levitate? I know it can be used for shenanigans.

I got a little setup where I would set up a knockdown off of TFP push then levitate. Cancel the levitate quick and the opponent would jump sometimes. From there I just force push on reaction, but its a setup that would work once or twice because of fear of levi smash.

What about his enhanced Levitation?.. Maybe there isn't a use and Im looking to deep into it. But I think Mac needs all the extra speculation he can get...

Any Ideas or information on it?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If he could cancel out like Sindel it'd be tits.

Really don't recommend using it more than once, nothing you can do quickly.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I just picked up Mac and Ive never seen this up but it is something Ive been wondering for quite sometime. are there any effective ways to use to use his Levitate? I know it can be used for shenanigans.

I got a little setup where I would set up a knockdown off of TFP push then levitate. Cancel the levitate quick and the opponent would jump sometimes. From there I just force push on reaction, but its a setup that would work once or twice because of fear of levi smash.

What about his enhanced Levitation?.. Maybe there isn't a use and Im looking to deep into it. But I think Mac needs all the extra speculation he can get...

Any Ideas or information on it?

SLy

Noob
Ive seen metzos use it but when he did use it he wasn't at advantage to do it safetly like off of knockdown or something.. I couldn't tell what he was going to do with it because he got knocked out of it with a projectile I believe..I think he was going for levi then teleport.

Idk.. I just figure if it can be utilized then his zoning would just be that bit much better

Error

DF2+R2
Ive seen metzos use it but when he did use it he wasn't at advantage to do it safetly like off of knockdown or something.. I couldn't tell what he was going to do with it because he got knocked out of it with a projectile I believe..I think he was going for levi then teleport.

Idk.. I just figure if it can be utilized then his zoning would just be that bit much better
Could have been an input error

zaf

professor
Ex levitate and levitate have the same start up but ex crashes to the ground faster.

Besides the full screen tkp set up there arent many other safe set ups.

You can use levitate after 31 into an airblast but it doesnt always hit.
Recently ive been looking for uses and i found one against reptile.

Levitate makes forceballs and acid spit whiff. They go right under ermac, also it makes dash whiff aswell.

So you can make a forceball whiff and then crash levitate and that will beat out a dash if reptile does it after the forceball

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
His levitate cancels pretty much suck. Perhaps it would catch someone off guard back in 2k11 or 12, but not now. Most people would prefer getting hit by the unblockable and then simply dash in and punish (yeah he can be punished even on hit, its stupid i know), or just dash in and start applying pressure. The only thing i have found regarding his EX levitate, is that you can cancel it into tp's or ab's anytime after the levitate. That does not happen with the regular one.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i believe ex levitate slam is guaranteed after ex tkp if i remember correctly so you can pay a bar to close the match for that lil bit of extra damage. very situational but otherwise useful.

Illmatix

has this been tested yet?
i remember trying it in practice and i think it does, someone should try it again tho cuz i dont have mk here.
remember to do it as soon as ex tkp recovers, to find when you can buffer it hold block after doing it so you have an idea when you should enter the inputs.

Illmatix

Ex tkp into ex leveitate doesn't damage. This does not work, the opponent just doesn't take damage from the levitate
thanks for checking that out bro, could've sworn i remembered checking that out. thanks man.

Plop

Noob
Can anyone tell me what ex Levi actually does? I know you can delay your cancels into teleport or whatever, but is that it?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Ex levitate and levitate have the same start up but ex crashes to the ground faster.

Besides the full screen tkp set up there arent many other safe set ups.

You can use levitate after 31 into an airblast but it doesnt always hit.
Recently ive been looking for uses and i found one against reptile.

Levitate makes forceballs and acid spit whiff. They go right under ermac, also it makes dash whiff aswell.

So you can make a forceball whiff and then crash levitate and that will beat out a dash if reptile does it after the forceball
or you can not levitate cancel much because in reality its not gonna be very useful vs good people. it might work once? MAYBE twice if you have something really clever but for the most part when someone decent gets hit by a gimmick hes always gonna keep an eye out for sometthing like that. even if its a different setup with that gimmick its still in end a gimmick they'll spot and you probably wont get anything out of it and at worst! eat a tasty punish combo.

zaf doesnt really use levitate stuff whenever its me, soup and stuff playing in a king together. for the most part we all keep the gimmicking down because it just doesnt work on decent ppl often if at all. zaf tries to stay true to dat air blast though ahha

zaf

professor
or you can not levitate cancel much because in reality its not gonna be very useful vs good people. it might work once? MAYBE twice if you have something really clever but for the most part when someone decent gets hit by a gimmick hes always gonna keep an eye out for sometthing like that. even if its a different setup with that gimmick its still in end a gimmick they'll spot and you probably wont get anything out of it and at worst! eat a tasty punish combo.

zaf doesnt really use levitate stuff whenever its me, soup and stuff playing in a king together. for the most part we all keep the gimmicking down because it just doesnt work on decent ppl often if at all. zaf tries to stay true to dat air blast though ahha
yea man there is no real use for levitate. i was just posting info i had on it regardless

<3iafb

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I usually always use levitate after a TKpush. So many times it causes people to jump forward, by then I've already cancelled on to the ground, dashed, and TKpush them again. If they start jumping backwards, just cancel on to the ground and throw a fireball. It has some decent options.

For the most part, I just instant air energy blast.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Hey guys, I've been messing around with Sindel's levitate and @Shadow316 asked me about Ermac's levitate.

One new thing I've found: You can also cancel regular levitate into either fireball or teleport at any time by holding block to extend the levitate, then using negative edge inputs for either fireball (2db) or teleport (4db).

@Metzos @zaf @RM AtK!

zaf

professor
Hey guys, I've been messing around with Sindel's levitate and @Shadow316 asked me about Ermac's levitate.

One new thing I've found: You can also cancel regular levitate into either fireball or teleport at any time by holding block to extend the levitate, then using negative edge inputs for either fireball (2db) or teleport (4db).

@Metzos @zaf @RM AtK!
Yes I was aware of this.

His does not appear to be as special as sindels.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

There is a kind of a reset with the levi. Finish your Bnbs with 22 levi smash. The smash will hit if they dont wake up. Sometimes can be used but not all the time. You can of corse cancel it to bite wake ups. It can be usefull !

zaf

professor
There is a kind of a reset with the levi. Finish your Bnbs with 22 levi smash. The smash will hit if they dont wake up. Sometimes can be used but not all the time. You can of corse cancel it to bite wake ups. It can be usefull !
This is the sort of thing that works once and even then it is not hard to beat out the first time you see it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If he could cancel out like Sindel it'd be tits.
I'm really hoping Ermac can do this in MKX while using his Spectral variation (I think that's the one he flies with).

Man, it would be like an entirely new character doing hover cancels and shit during his strings. It could prove to be his strongest variation potentially. Again, this is a question I was hoping they'd answer on the Kombat Kast, but didn't. Oh well....we will all find out soon.

Reactions: SLy

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

@Metzos @zaf @RM AtK!
Hmm nice i didnt know that you can cancel regular levi to tp or ab. Nice. Although it doesnt change much, but nice find.