What's new

Ermac's axe combo...

Here's something interesting I discovered today. I was fighting Shang Tsung with Ermac and doing the HK-HP combo off the slam and if I hit it real slow, the HP misses and Ermac has Scorpion's axe in his hand for a split second. I did it a couple times cus I thought I was seeing things, but it's clearly Scorpion's axe. Kinda weird quirk.

ded_ said:
he dont have an axe combo, i noticed that axe long time ago when fighting vs someone and i did hk, break combo lp while he teleport with lao and saw the axe in ermac's hand:

http://mk.ediko.net/umk3/ermacaxe.png
Yeah, that picture is exactly how I saw it, but it flashes real quick. That's a nice pic, cool.

And yeah, I know he doesn't have an axe combo, I just called the thread "Ermac's axe combo..." cus I knew it would catch people's attention.

It just boils down to the MK guys being lazy and reusing animations, sound effects, moves and everything else as much as possible.

and this is for the snes version ? or the genesis version? i saw something like that and nobody here in venezuela beleave me xD now i got a pic thank ded

rzp said:
and this is for the snes version ? or the genesis version? i saw something like that and nobody here in venezuela beleave me xD now i got a pic thank ded
I saw it on the xbox 360 version. I imagine it's on every version. It's real quick, the only reason I think I noticed it when doing the botched combo is because it kinda hangs you there for a second when the punch misses, so you can see it pretty clear.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I noticed this in the arcade days during the 90s, I think Dreemer did too. The recovery frames have interesting properties, Dreemer can explain it better, he's been examining it.

Damn Lazy Developers. When you have 4 color swapped Scorpions running around though, Its bound to carry over, Especially with a Knee lift and a pop up like H smoke.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Go through and try all kinds of combos with whiff, you will see abnormal recoveries all over. For instance, if you do Classic Sub's 5 hit combo and whiff the first kick, he will recover with the double axe handle (two sideways closed fists) animation. Even the recovery off the first elbow if connected is that animation, but if you whiff, it just recoils naturally.