What's new

Ermac's aaHPHP,aaHP,JK

Viesor

Noob
Hi im new to the board and to umk3 at this lvl.
I have mastered most of ermacs combo except for the wicke 100% midscreens which require heavy setup .
I am able to to pull of aaHP , TKS ,aaHPHP,JK,TKS,aaHPHP,aaHP,Fireball
but i for some reason i have trouble with TKS,aaHPHP,aaHP,JK.
I realize this is probably one of the tougher combo's to pull off but i was wondering if any of you pro's could point me in the right direction.
Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated
Sorry for my bad english grammer in advance.

Noob
I just learned to hit this consistently within the last 2 months myself.

The trick is to take a small step in after the TKS so that the character is almost on top of you when you do the first aaHPHP, run cancel it, small step in, aaHP, run cancel, JK... and you should hit it. You can see visually when you're close enough to hit the JK.

Viesor

Noob
Thanks alot for the quick response .
I was already run cancelling my double aaHP and final aaHP but somehow i still was too late /not in right position for the JK.
However now i _know_ i wasn't doing anything much wrong , just need to practice it alot more to have some more finesse with it.
this is exactly what i was looking for.

Noob
Yeah, just take those little run steps in so you're physically closer to your opponent when hit the aahp's and you should get it...

Also, like I said, at some point you'll be able to tell by sight when you can hit it and when you should go for the fireball instead.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you find that you are too far to land the final JK whether it is in the aahphp or aahphp, aahp combo, just keep walking forward after the last aahp and hit with hk or lk. This is helpful against Shang/Lao/Sheeva due to their wierd falling hitboxes.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I started working on a combo tree for Ermac recently and it became mind boggling overbloated. I still have the work saved it's just hard for me to dedicate any time to it, as there's another data project going on right now that takes priority over it.

With Ermac, you can perform aaHP, TKS, aaHPHP (or aaHP, HP), JK, TKS, aaHPHP, aaHP vs every character mid screen. The last JK to max out the damage is the part that differentiates. I believe the only two characters you cannot perform the full 82% punisher on are Shang and Sheeva.

Vs Shang you can get aaHP, TKS, aaHPHP, JK, TKS, aaHPHP, aaHP, fireball.

An alternate vs Sheeva can end with aaHP, aaHPHP, fireball, I know it seems weird but you can do that vs her. It's very difficult vs Shang and Sheeva to max these combos out because it requires running up and stopping perfectly in place under them as they bounce and hitting and canceling the HPs exactly right. Basically it winds up being about 78% max for Sheeva off an aaHP. A safer combo would be aaHP, TKS, aaHPHP, JP, TKS, aaHPHP, fireball, for about 65%.

Otherwise, like Konqrr said basically, you should eventually be able to judge by eye whether or not you will be able to connect the JK before you perform it, with enough time to opt for a different finish to compensate. On the fly combo correction is an awesome skill.

Viesor

Noob
After some more practice i still whiff the JK after aaHPHP,aaHP , i read somewhere its only possible to do that specific finish vs some characters. Is that true and also (part) of the reason why on videos of tourney games i see mostly aaHPHP,aaHP fireball ?

@ Konqqr if i replace the JK with a LK dont i lose damage from the fact that after most if not any combo/uppercut u can run in for a LK ? Like instead of aaHPHP,HP walk forward LK= 38% or 40% vs aaHPHP,JK,run in LK=46%(not sure tho if u can even do thaton this specific combo , but it works on most ) or what i usually do is aaHPHP,JK and a wakeup/otg(dont know the right term) fireball which the cpu dont seem to block . Maybe only the cpu cant block this tho. If i do it like this tho its more damage then aaHPHP,aaHP,fireball. By about 8% dmg in punisher or 4% in rushdown situation .

Problem is i dont play online yet. So im not sure. I'd like to do aaHPHP,aaHP,JK but if its not viable on most targets ill just stick with something more reliable.What do u guys think ?

Thanks everyone for the greatly appreciated input.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just get to know the character specific combos and spacing/timing. It's not hard to see that you are playing against Jax and know you can land anything you want on him. Or vs Shang where you should just do a popup -> jump punch -> tks -> aahphp -> fireball or something of the like

Viesor

Noob
After a long break i recently tried this combo finsher again , and i get it to work consistently . Finally. A big thanks for all the help , u guys are the best.