What's new

Match Footage Ermac vs Noob (6-4 imo)

zaf

professor
Overall patience against noob is what is needed for this mu!!
You have to just be patient getting in and walk a lot.
zaf vs wemfs
4-2 zaf wins!!=P

Once you get into sweep range/throw range, or even a little outside this range there it not much that noob can do. You can literally just wait and react to anything he does. A lot of his options are punishable by ermac. If he is pressuring you, he really is not scary. Noob players generally like to use knee a lot in pressure and there are holes that you can tks in between or d1~tks in between. You use this to catch them pressing buttons. While running man and slide mix ups are really good and really help.

If he hits you, he is never really doing enough damage. If he get's a few in, you can still catch up with one combo.

Things to look out for in the matches:

-General overall use of whiffing standing 1s.
This gets the opponent to react to this.
They might think you are messing up a tkp and try to punish, or try to whiff punish in general. If they do this just tkp. The recovery on standing 1 is so good.
Even the opponent blocking is a good reaction, if they think you will tkp. This allows you to fireball for free, or grab or pressure.

-Sick comeback in the third match!!!
-General use of b34 on wake ups to beat them out, which this string is good for.
(Really good after an ex tkp.)
-Usage of xray. I steal a lot of rounds with this. Ermac needs armor =[

zaf

professor
Haha yea that is old. Ermac still wins. Its different playing a noob player that is one of your training partners. Even though I won I had much to improve on. I was not walking as much then. But I feel I have become a lot better now

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i think this is 5-5. ill go ahead and watch the games. i love some noob saibot!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I can see it being 6-4 in Ermacs favor simply because of the damage Ermac can do, but imo I think it's closer to a 5-5.

We gotta get some more games in sometime soon. I've studied the match up a little and I wanna see how I handle it next time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I use Noob Saibot, but haven't really delved into this match-up. I'll watch before commenting with my observations.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
zaf, i dont know man it still feels as a 5-5 or slightly in NS's favor. If the NS player positions himself correctly Ermac cannot do much against him. Him having low damage doesnt mean much cause he can zone Ermac for days if he plays the MU lame. Good matches vs wemf, but i still have doubts about the particular MU. Wemfs didnt punish heavily many blocked TKS's you did on wake up.

zaf

professor
There is tons you can do against him. A lot of his moves are very punishable by tkp.

Madzin

FEAR ME!
Well yeah of corse he can, but in my experience it never happened...
The TKP was never a huge threat to me, because I have positioned myself , where it doesen´t mattered.
Furthermore I would never end my string in something which is punishable.
Another thing is that I don´t play Noob as a zoning orientated character (unlike in the Video, who is also a good noob btw) , this also takes alot into consideration what MU it exactly is.
I can see your point, but if you play against a noob who knows what he does, it wont be so easy as it is on paper.
This is the biggest thing , "theory fighting" is not real fighting.

Everyone has his own opinion, if it is a 6-4 to you than its good :) .
But to me its not, I never had huge trouble against Ermac.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Haha yea that is old. Ermac still wins. Its different playing a noob player that is one of your training partners. Even though I won I had much to improve on. I was not walking as much then. But I feel I have become a lot better now
we must learn to walk, before we can run :cool:

zaf

professor
we must learn to walk, before we can run :cool:
Yes that is very true. I've improved on so many match ups. And the way I play them, even if the way It was done in the past was still working.

I am like at a refining stage now. I love it. Love this game.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yes that is very true. I've improved on so many match ups. And the way I play them, even if the way It was done in the past was still working.

I am like at a refining stage now. I love it. Love this game.
Ermac punishes harder than Noob, not to mention, if you counter shadows with push it nullify's the shadows i believe. Noob has the advtantage from full screen tho, so ermac using throw may not be the best idea. Noob has better mixups than ermac tho and his corner setups are much more annoying than anything ermac can do in the corner. All ermac has in the corner is bigger combos.

zaf

professor
Ermac punishes harder than Noob, not to mention, if you counter shadows with push it nullify's the shadows i believe. Noob has the advtantage from full screen tho, so ermac using throw may not be the best idea. Noob has better mixups than ermac tho and his corner setups are much more annoying than anything ermac can do in the corner. All ermac has in the corner is bigger combos.

Ermac punishes harder.
If you push every shadow noob throws, and trade with him it is generally bad for ermac. The shadows do more damage then the first part of the TKP. HOWEVER, this does give you time to dash in if it is a slide. Running man trades with tkp are generally neutral in terms of positioning. Unless you have him in the corner.

It will be hard to keep ermac full screen. You block one shadow or jump in and you are back in the game.
Throwing and tkp are generally not the greatest thing, because it pushes him further, but it is still something you need to do in this mu.
You can still approach him after a tkp or a throw. You will not be fullscreen.

Noob might have the better mix ups, but they are a lot more punishable. Where as ermac wont be punished. Poked at maybe, but not punished.

In the corner, you just need to take the right move against noob as yes it is annoying.
Ermac in the corner is annoying for noob as well because there is no where for noob to run anymore. That and tkp and shadow trades are not that bad in the corner if you can land a hit to make up for all the trades and to secure a life lead.