What's new

Ermac vs. HSmoke

Hey guys, I'm just learning Ermac and I'm confused as to why he's ranked lower than Hsmoke.

Doesn't Ermac have higher combos? And he starts combos just as easily as hsmoke right? Not to mention is telepunch is a bit trickier because you can't see where it's going. Also, his TKS is broken, while Hsmoke's spear isn't.

To me, they seem like very similar characters with pretty similar combos, but it seems Ermac has higher damage combos?

I didn't realize the airthrow was that important. But Ermac has better combos, and may not be as fast, but has that tricky TP.

Isn't the airthrow really only good to finish combos and during air crossups?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Air throws have nice big grab areas, they do good damage, they add to combos, and they add a different kind of control over the air. Ermac's TP is just a standard one. Having it explode and him disappear doesn't really add anything because he still moves the same as H.Smoke or Scorpion does during the teleport.

Ermac and Smoke both have good combos in competitive play. 100% damage combos don't pop up that much and it really comes down to both characters needing 2 combos to win. In that sense they are very close to even.

Hsmoke owns Ermac :wink:
His 46% without the airthrow is soooooooo easy to do! Add the air throw and what is it like 50+% Plus Ermacs combos involve TKS's, hSmokes involve spear.At least 2 TKS=back down back y, usually only 1 Spear=back back a.
Its easier to do hSmokes high damagin combos than ermacs. and if ermac had an air throw... hSmoke would still own him :D

TheRedPsychosis said:
Ermac's alot harder to play as, and he relies on other people's mistakes more than any other character.
I see now why Hsmoke owns him. But I don't see he relies on mistakes more than hsmoke.

I mean, both have the same launch, and Ermacs TKS is harder to spot than hsmokes spear...

ipushmycar said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
Ermac's alot harder to play as, and he relies on other people's mistakes more than any other character.
I see now why Hsmoke owns him. But I don't see he relies on mistakes more than hsmoke.

I mean, both have the same launch, and Ermacs TKS is harder to spot than hsmokes spear...
It's got massive punishment time though, so you have to make sure it's safe to use it, which is why I said it relies on more of people's mistakes.. also the fact that alot of his combos start with an aaHP.

Ermac is Lower because

1.Slower Walking Speed
2.Lack of an Air throw
3.Harder Combos to pull off
4.More than 2 Hit pop up is useless(H Smoke's 3 Hit pop up is Usefull, Ermacs 4 or 5 hit pop up is not)

But honestly, if Ermac had an Air throw, he'd be number 1.

abc ur dead0 said:
Ermac is Lower because

1.Slower Walking Speed
2.Lack of an Air throw
4.More than 2 Hit pop up is useless(H Smoke's 3 Hit pop up is Usefull, Ermacs 4 or 5 hit pop up is not)

bs , say invisibility instead of air throw

abc ur dead0 wrote:
Ermac is Lower because

1.Slower Walking Speed
2.Lack of an Air throw

Agreed. If Ermac had an air throw, crossing him up, which is a weakness of Ermac, would be impossible without getting thrown. Plus you could add the air throw to his basic juggle for 50%+ damage. Definitely number 1 material.

Smokes combos are easier to pull off. Ermacs combos are a litter harder and they rely on the opponent making mistakes. Human Smoke walks faster and he has an air throw which makes a big difference. Ermac is the more complicated character to use but human smoke is simple and he can pull of easier combos.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The main critical differences vs the characters that matter in this situation come down to run jab pressure for H Smoke = just over 50% on anyone, run jab pressure for Ermac = just under 50% but more so the air throw. The walking speed really only effects the juggles and only for a few percent. As far as pure counter combo damage the only characters who stand up to Ermac are Kung Lao, Stryker, Reptile and Sindel but their tactics are all very different so this again changes their placement.

abc ur dead0 said:
Ermac is Lower because

1.Slower Walking Speed
2.Lack of an Air throw

actually after playing them both it seems easier for me to do a ermac combo the a h smoke combo

Shaney

Noob
some H. Smoke combos can be tricky for some people at first, but once u get used to him, he can be very effective.

Derek

Noob
ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
some H. Smoke combos can be tricky for some people at first, but once u get used to him, he can be very effective.
Also see Shaney's signature: The Air-Throw is fucking awesome.