What's new

Breakthrough - Mystic Ermac Mystic Glitch: Final Form

I know this title is getting repetitive at this point and everyone is likely tired of hearing about this. Though when looking into the Glitch that RM @FOREVER EL1TE found earlier, I couldn't help but notice that the setup is identical to the glitch Toxin found & I researched a while back.

^ Elite's original video

Essentially, when Ermac's ex Push Trades with 1 hit on a very specific frame, it causes the health regeneration effect to not stop until he is either hit, or his health returns to 100%.

If Ermac trades with multiple hits, then it will cause his opponent's meter to drain until Ermac hits the opponent.

Both glitches can be demonstrated and explained (to the best of my ability here)

But what happens if you wait until just the right moment to get the trade? I only show one example, but I'm hoping you all will enjoy it. Until next time friends~

Lokheit

Noob
I think I can tell why all of this is happening from a programming point of view if it's of any help for any dev reading this (I don't have access to the game's code, this is just based on my own experience):

- First of all, "sequence" skills tend to be problematic in this game (for example they reward more meter on hit than they should and many of them were not affected by damage scaling until they were fixed at different points) so I'm sure this is another consequence of how messed up that code must be (probably a lot of references on different lines easily overlooked when you try to add specific cases).

- It seems that what happens here is that the skill on hit initiates methods to drain meter and recover your health, but I think the instruction that says when it should stop is dependant on a trigger at the end (or some point) of the animation, but the animation is ended earlier, so every frame the game checks if it should stop but as the trigger never happens, it keeps healing and draining.

- When you're damaged, the health bar is affected by a new instruction, overriding the last one that was being looped over and over and that's why it stops. Same with the opponent's meter as hitting him gifts meter.

- Easy way to fix it if it's too much work? Invincibility frames during the animation. But probably just making an event when the animation is interrupted to automatically cancel its effects should do the trick.

I think I can tell why all of this is happening from a programming point of view if it's of any help for any dev reading this (I don't have access to the game's code, this is just based on my own experience):

- First of all, "sequence" skills tend to be problematic in this game (for example they reward more meter on hit than they should and many of them were not affected by damage scaling until they were fixed at different points) so I'm sure this is another consequence of how messed up that code must be (probably a lot of references on different lines easily overlooked when you try to add specific cases).

- It seems that what happens here is that the skill on hit initiates methods to drain meter and recover your health, but I think the instruction that says when it should stop is dependant on a trigger at the end (or some point) of the animation, but the animation is ended earlier, so every frame the game checks if it should stop but as the trigger never happens, it keeps healing and draining.

- When you're damaged, the health bar is affected by a new instruction, overriding the last one that was being looped over and over and that's why it stops. Same with the opponent's meter as hitting him gifts meter.

- Easy way to fix it if it's too much work? Invincibility frames during the animation. But probably just making an event when the animation is interrupted to automatically cancel its effects should do the trick.

Sounds logical enough. I'm no programmer so I'll have to take your word for it. Though it makes sense.