What's new

General/Other Ermac MKX speculations/wishlist

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
A thread in the Smoke forum inspired me to make this. Basically I'm just bored and restless waiting for my best friends Ermac to be revealed. What are some attributes or changes you'd like to see for Ermac in MKX? Gameplay, aesthetic, nerfs, buffs, whatever!

Aesthetically, I'm fine with the "fan art" that was "leaked." I think it's more or less perfect and I'm glad he looks less like his ninja palette swap bros.

As far as gameplay I'd like for the following to happen;

- more range on normals. Similar to some of his combos in MK9 where the souls become an extension of his punches.

- a more unique teleport. Aside from the green glow, his Mk9 teleport is too similar to Scorpions. It needs to make more sense. Like, have him shoot souls across the arena, his physical body collapses, limp. Then he rematerializes where the souls are. EX version could have the souls do damage as they pass through opponents. Air teleport keeps regular MK9 properties because double TP combos were friggin dope.

- more mixup options. At least one overhead combo. I'm not asking for him to be given crazy rush down strings since he is a zoning, magic like character, but at least give him one or two good mixup options.

- make levitate viable or it can GTFO.

- take out spirit ball projectile and give him his one handed stringy MKD projectile.

- give a variation that utilizes his battle axe. I don't mean give him a weapon style. He can have the axe on his back and use it like a short range boomerang with his souls. I'd prefer if he never physically touched it. It could be his aggro variation. Call it "death mage" or whatever.

That's all I have. I'm quite happy with TK push and TK slam just as they are.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Love the list, I would add some better pokes that have some frame advantage even on block.
And a string that contains a low hit.

Still waiting for a 100% xray:DOGE

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I love the idea for a new teleport. I agree with several things on your list, but I would really low to see a fast starting low that can cancel into lift or just as some sort of combo starter.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
A string that starts low would be nice. An overhead start like Smoke's b 2, 4 (I think, maybe 3). If Ermac's 3, 1, 2 string started with a low that would change a lot of MU numbers.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I would like his EX TKL to at least have armor if one were to get close to the opponent, while using it. His strings could be a lil faster b/c when I use him online he is a lil slow. The tele he uses could also be armored like or at least be safe on block similar to Scop's EX tele. Everyting else seems ok.

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
I'm wondering if Netherrealm Studios will tap into the idea of King Jerrod being Ermac's dominant soul.

Think if that would apply to 1 of the 3 variations. A style based primarily how King Jerrod would fight, but heavily influenced with Ermac moves and specials.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If Ermac's 3, 1, 2 string started with a low that would change a lot of MU numbers.
Holy shit yes.
Something like this would be great:
  • 3 (low), 1, 2 ~ TKL into a combo
  • 1, 2 ~ TKL into a combo
  • b1 (overhead), 1, 4 ~ TKL into a combo
VenomX-90 said:
I would like his EX TKL to at least have armor
I think this would be OP a bit considering his combos do quite a bit of damage. Since he is mainly a zoning character, I'd rather see his EX-TKP with armor

As for his teleport, the EX version definitely should have something beneficial. An extra hit that leads to a poor combo isn't a good reason to use it.
I like what VenomX-90 suggested. Make it safe on block like scorpion so that it can at least be a viable option.

I'd like to see his d4 be safe on block and hit. It would be a nice starting pressure move