What's new

Guide Ermac Kombo Guide

Enenra

Go to hell.
images.jpeg

This kombo guide focuses on the more practical and useful kombos for the kombatant Ermac. This guide isn’t about flash, plenty of youtube compilations have been made showing Ermac flexing his sexy green biceps. I hope you enjoy, but please don’t hesitate to send me a PM including a practical kombo worth adding to the guide. This is a kommunity effort, I’m just starting the fire. Please though, do PM me so we can keep the thread klean and I’ll be sure you get your shout out right next to the kombo. Sticky this?

BnBs

Basic
-Force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 33%
-JIP 31 force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 force push 41%
-JIP B114 force lift xx jk force port xx dash 2 force push 45%

^These are Ermac’s most important kombos.^ Do them until you can’t get them wrong.

Advanced
-Force lift xx jk force port xx jk force port xx D1 force push 36%
-JIP 31 force lift xx jk force port xx jk force port xx D1 force push 43%
-JIP B114 force lift xx jk force port xx jk force port xx D1 force push 47%
(Note: I do not recommend this one, it is very and and very easy for the second teleport to whiff and especially the D1. Just use the basic kombo.)
-JIP B2B1 force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 force port 46%
(Note: This kombo into the even more advanced double jk teleport is... Hard. Not worth 2% more IMO.)

These are the basic way to go. Most reliable, damaging, easy(ish) kombos.

Korner
  • JIP B12F1 jk force port xx dash 22 force lift xx dash F114 force push 53%
  • JIP B114 force lift xx b34 312 force push 45%
  • JIP B114 forcelift xx B114 forcepush 43%
  • JIP b114 ex lift, dash b12f1, b12f1, b12f1 22 push. 59% (SunnyD)
Note: I do not like kombos consisting of B12F1 in the korner because some korners cause the string to simply whiff. I don’t think it’s worth it.

AA
standing 1, 22 lift, b12f1, push (SunnyD)
standing 1, 22 lift, jk tele 12 push (SunnyD)
uppercut, lift, dash jk tele 12 push (SunnyD)

Advanced AA combo 1 : AA1 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 37% dmg. (metzos13)
Advanced AA combo 2 : AA2 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 39% dmg. (metzos13)
Advanced AA combo 3: uppercut lift jk teleport dash 22 TKP 44% dmg (for 22 to connect it all depends on the distance though) (metzos13)
(on standing opp or AA) nj.P j.K~TP ff 2,2~TKS ff b12f1 ff TKP 39% (QjonPL)

XRAY
X ray kombos are nice and simple, no need for any real special introductions. Just instead of force push, do an Xray. Here are two very nice kombos with the Xray though for shizz and giggz courtesy of TylerLantern.

-(Korner only) JIP B2B1 force lift xx uppercut 22 Xray 69%
-JIP B2B1 force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 Xray 65%

Meter
It is my opinion, and one I have been told by many high level Ermacs, that meter should really be saved for breakers. Ermac’s kombos are already so devastating that the extra 3-4% isn’t worth it unless you absolutely know it will kill them. When you do use meter, know that it should only be used in kombos for force lift as it adds 1 additional percantage point of damage in longer kombos as opposed to force push due to damage scaling, but in small kombos they both add 4%.

Example: JIP 31 en force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 force push 44%
while JIP 31 force lift xx jk force port xx dash 22 en force push 43%
This may not sound like anything, but why use meter and not get all that you payed for?

This concludes the guide and I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread, or as the intro stated, PM me to add a kombo.

We are many, you are but one.
We will destroy you!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Dont forget my favourite corner combo:
jip b114 ex lift, dash b12f1, b12f1, b12f1 22 push. 61% Awesome and easy to land

and AA combos:

standing 1, 22 lift, b12f1, push
standing 1, 22 lift, jk tele 12 push
uppercut, lift, dash jk tele 12 push

zaf

professor
Just want to clarify, that for this combo:

jip b114 ex lift, dash b12f1, b12f1, b12f1 22 push. 61%

The lift does not have to be EX.
You can do this with a normal lift.
I would safe the meter, do the regular lift.
You will still reach over 50%

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Just want to clarify, that for this combo:

jip b114 ex lift, dash b12f1, b12f1, b12f1 22 push. 61%

The lift does not have to be EX.
You can do this with a normal lift.
I would safe the meter, do the regular lift.
You will still reach over 50%

True but it is veeery risky to connect the last hit of B12F1. Most of the time it whiffs. While doing the ex lift you have a safer option to connect B12F1. Also the dmg is not 61% its 59% :).

Advanced AA combo 1 : AA1 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 37% dmg.
Advanced AA combo 2 : AA2 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 39% dmg.
Advanced AA combo 3: uppercut lift jk teleport dash 22 TKP 44% dmg (for 22 to connect it all depends on the distance though).

Other advanced combos: Jp B2 (charge it abit) B1 ex lift jk teleport jk teleport d1 TKP 56% dmg.
Jp B114 lift jk teleport dash 22 TKP 48% dmg.
Jp B114 lift jk teleport jk teleport d1 TKP 50% dmg.

zaf

professor
Oh i just copy pasted the combo string from above. I didn't even see the damage % lol.

I see what you mean with using ex tks, with ex tks its a lot easier but i guess i learned the proper timing for not using it.

By aa1 and aa2, do you mean aa with standing 1 and standing 2?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So I'm not going crazy when trying to practice the Sunny combo and it doesn't hit half the time?

Any particular stages to try it on/avoid completely?
I love the thought of reliable corner destruction for Mac.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Oh i just copy pasted the combo string from above. I didn't even see the damage % lol.

I see what you mean with using ex tks, with ex tks its a lot easier but i guess i learned the proper timing for not using it.

By aa1 and aa2, do you mean aa with standing 1 and standing 2?

Yeap Anti-Air standing 1 and Anti-Air standing 2.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So I'm not going crazy when trying to practice the Sunny combo and it doesn't hit half the time?

Any particular stages to try it on/avoid completely?
I love the thought of reliable corner destruction for Mac.

After the ex lift dash in and do the loop normaly. Just dont do it too fast cause the 3rd hit will still whiff.

Error

DF2+R2
Advanced AA combo 1 : AA1 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 37% dmg.
Advanced AA combo 2 : AA2 jk teleport dash 22 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP 39% dmg.
I've been practicing this combo and was about to mention it but you beat me to the push.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
That corner combo with the 3 b12f1's in the corner is weird. Sometimes I need to move forward AFTER the first b12f1 before starting the next one. Also I'll miss the first hit of the second b1 and it becomes a 23 hit combo but does the same damage. In any event, I'm still landing it consistently. I won a tournament with this very combo, nice to see it get more attention.

zaf

professor
I like that standing 1 AA more then the 2. I feel standing 1 is better as it has longer reach and comes out faster.
It feels like JC standing 1 aa. Foxy lands it so much and is what first gave me the idea with ermac to use standing 1 a long time ago.

Here is another one.

It helps you carry people to the corner.
Its off a NJP AA.

AA NJP Dash 31 dash 31 dash 3~tks dash B12F1 (26%)

I forget the actual damage, but this combo carries people far. At last half of the stage on most stages.

ive been working on this new combo after my vid was finished, and i wnated to share. has anyone evr tried jip ( or w/out, dsnt matter) b114, force lift, dash in then do b12f1, teleport? its nice, i like it as a vortex combo, and ive practiced it enought times that its practical not flashy. only bad thing is w/ jip it does 41%, w/out it does 38%. but what im refering to by bad thing is you cannot get another option out fast enough to combo. xray fails, dash in for d1 fails, and force push or lift after the teleport fails. but its a new idea so if anyone has their way to expand this combo, please help me, and your ermacs out.