What's new

Strategy Ermac Frame Data

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I've been making a point not to break combos on the ground unless it's gonna kill, otherwise I wait til i'm in juggle state in order to get the big frame adv.

Icy X

Noob
I got a hypothetical question that I'll use ermac and baraka for example....

So say in such a matchup that ermac goes for b+1,2 and it is blocked by baraka, this leaves ermac at -8 disadvantage.... So can baraka then punish with his spin (7 frames)? Or does it become 8 frames doing spin from block? Thus allowing ermac to block otherwise be punished by the spin?

Basically I'm wondering since I think it takes 1 frame to go out of block if such thing matters for countering after blocked strings?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

So say in such a matchup that ermac goes for b+1,2 and it is blocked by baraka, this leaves ermac at -8 disadvantage.... So can baraka then punish with his spin (7 frames)? Or does it become 8 frames doing spin from block? Thus allowing ermac to block otherwise be punished by the spin?

Basically I'm wondering since I think it takes 1 frame to go out of block if such thing matters for countering after blocked strings?
Yes, it means Baraka can spin for a punish.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Yeah it means you have a 2f window to punish Ermac's B12 on block with spin.

Somberness

Lights

It takes 7 frames, so you have 2 frames to punish it. The 1 frame to unblock does not affect anything unless you try and do something immediately after releasing block.

ugh. d3 is -2 on hit! How does ermac deal with Johnny cage, a d3 on hit or block means f3 pressure from Johnny? If this game were getting the patch it deserves that should be +2 on hit. So messed up.

zaf

professor
ugh. d3 is -2 on hit! How does ermac deal with Johnny cage, a d3 on hit or block means f3 pressure from Johnny? If this game were getting the patch it deserves that should be +2 on hit. So messed up.
Just need to use d1 as an interuption string, against f3 and walk away after the poke or cross up depending on the cage player. Ermac has no real options, 121 after a d1 will whiff on the first hit. 312 will whiff after the 3, so you have to be careful. You can try a 3-tks but has to be a good read. You can also try to d4 after a d1 but a f3 should beat it still. An iafb works well after a d1 as well. You can also d1 into a grab.

When i reference d1 here, it is all on hit btw.

D3 is +5 on crouch hit so its not all that bad. This is best for counter poking a poke because you know the d3 will hit. Because of its long reach d3 can also work against cage. You can use it to interrupt f3 and dash back. If cage does something you can try to whiff punish with tks

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Am I wrong when I read this.... but d1 on hit cancel advantage is +15/+13 .... so does that mean that d1~lift is a true combo? I think i'm wrong but...

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Am I wrong when I read this.... but d1 on hit cancel advantage is +15/+13 .... so does that mean that d1~lift is a true combo? I think i'm wrong but...
no it is not, it just means on hit he has to block it because you are at massive frame advantage.

Error

DF2+R2
There are no links in the game, (save Sonya F22 MS combos), so the lift can be blocked, but not avoided/armored in any way.