What's new

Breakthrough Ermac Frame Data Conclusions - Blocked String Gaps

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Ermac's combo strings. ALL of his combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Aww man, there's an eight frame gap in between b34? That's like my favorite string. v_v

zaf

professor
Thank you for this, sticky'd this.

Good to see that the traps i use are safe and have no caps.
Very useful against characters with armor.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Thanks guys... I'll be editing it later by adding on the actual frame data chart like I did with all of the others. Just realized all I put in here was the gap section haha

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok, I've updated the pic. Has the entire frame data chart with the blocked string gaps below.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
There aren't meant to be any gaps in 312 string, but Goro armoured through the 2nd and 3rd hit of the string. Maybe's it's different for boss characters idk, but something to look into.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
There aren't meant to be any gaps in 312 string, but Goro armoured through the 2nd and 3rd hit of the string. Maybe's it's different for boss characters idk, but something to look into.
I'm going to just assume it's different for boss characters and that they can just do whatever they want. For whatever reason, some stuff doesn't work against the AI in general. For instance, try doing scorpions vortex against the computer... they always block the last teleport punch and it makes no sense at all.