What's new

Ermac combo (noob question)

tomle

Noob
Why sometime when im doing ermac combo
(any combo with Telekinetic Slam) my opponent can block the Telekinetic.

Ex.: hk, lp, jump kick, teleport, Telekinetic (90% people can block)

I got same problem when im trying in combo (hit hit hit Jump kick, telekinetic).

Any tips?

*sorry for my bad english*

tomle

Noob
Oh really?

Because i noticed the opponent still in the air after the teleport or jump kick.

Thanks. i will try that again

(Btw i dunno maybe is because i tried on mame umk3 rev1.2?)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Activate the TKS as soon as Ermac's feet touch the ground after connecting the TP.

I have a similar problem with Slam, HP, HP, JK, Slam.

The second slam gets blocked a lot when I play online. It works 100% on the arcade machine, it's just the tiny bit of lag online throws my timing off or something.

Only time I have a problem with this is when I do

TKS aahphp JK and then another TKS. The other TKS is alot harder to do than

HK LP JK TP TKS.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Time limit between uses, this is covered in his guide.

The Strategy Guides said:
The Telekinetic Slam is one of the most broken and unique moves in the game, however you need to learn how to max out the combos off it. Its properties are a little unorthodox, as it does damage, but does not count as a hit in a combo (unless you hit them before the first bounce in which it doesn't do damage). It does not activate damage protection and has a limit of 4 hits before it is locked, and this means 2 usages per combo are about the norm. There are ways to stretch it to 3 uses but they have to be absolutely perfectly time with no room for error so it's not worth getting into because you really can't get any more damage than normal this way conventionally. Your standard set ups are going to be either hit, TKS, hit, hit, hit, TKS -or- TKS, hit, hit, hit, hit, TKS, etc. Make sure to try and labor the 3 hit succession just a bit to elapse the time limit inbetween uses, which isn't noticable usually. Good set ups for the TKS are anti air HPs if someone JKs early, this the perfect time to aaHP and cancel to a TKS. From here a guaranteed 78% damage combo is possible on almost every character, more difficult on some than others, but on characters like Shang you need to be slightly more rigid with the timing and max out about 75%, otherwise it's not worth trying the extra hits, and on a lot of characters 82% standard counter from a standing aaHP is possible. Remember that the TKS doesn't count as part of a combo it also doesn't add to the damage for some reason, so for every TKS you use in a combo, add 5.5% to the end damage read outand 3% in DPed combos, generally two should always be used in a combo so that's 11%. In the corner you can set up a TKS combo off an aaRH easily. Remember to run cancel all your jabs during juggle combos to allow more time for extra jabs and JKs. It is possible to glitch cancel (on the frame of contact) up to 5 hits before a TKS, but it is not recommended
Think about it, you have a certain amount of time between usages of the TKS when it is blocked, the time limit begins ticking basically after Ermac recovers from the lift animation, from that point you can do, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (glitch cancel only) moves between usages of the TKS. The more hits, the more time elapses, and 4 hits is the best after starting a combo with a TKS. Essentially the total frame duration of any 4 logical moves will surpass the limit. Three moves is enough to safely do it every time, but there has to be a tiny pause somewhere to make sure. For example, if you do aaHP, TKS, aaHPHP, JK and try the TKS again, you'll just HK, or it'll come out a hair late, allowing them to block it, this even happens to some good Ermac players from time to time because the timing is so close. Basically when doing a 3 hit juggle between TKS's, you want to do, aaHPHP, pause, walk, JK, and do the TKS motion while falling, and when you land, press HK.