What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Before & After Patch Comparison

Before the patch was released, I recorded several Combos across all 3 variations of Ermac. I anticipated that damage was going to be on the NRS Hit List. I was right, and the highlight of the notes was overall damage scaling. In the video (Time stamps in the description) you'll see that while the damage has been scaled, it's virtually inconsequential. On average Ermac lost maybe 3-4% from his BnB combos.

As far as Master of Souls is concerned, you'll also find in the video that I went over that as well. B12 is now only +15 on hit, which means B3 (13 frame start up) is guaranteed, but the F4 overhead is not. However, while B12 is +15, Ermac's Jump 2 is +24 on hit. Therefore, much like Smoke, MOS can still jail opponents into guessing between the OH & Low for full Vortex potential IF you feel like gambling. The Overhead being 16 frames is a hindrance, however no player (in my and others opinions) will consistently fuzzy guard between a 13 frame low & 16 frame overhead.

Lastly, the Air Blast. Unfortunately it's not very plus if at all anymore. At max height at best you'll get a D1 to stop Kung Lao's Spin. However, being 0 on block with a 6 frame poke and 8 frame low profiling move isn't bad at all. It still sets up a few mix ups if you condition the opponent right. All of this is covered in the video so it is a bit extensive. Ermac has numerous other tools & changes to his Data that I didn't cover. Mostly because I'm not going to do the work for everyone, at some point players will have to lab their own solutions.
In any case, enjoy:

A composition of Ermac's optimal combos. POST Patch. Giving examples from his starters, air conversions and corner combos. The Damage scaling was hardly a factor in any of these.