What's new

General/Other - Mystic Ermac bad matchup

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Displacer can use Superman to punish regular push, and can use EX Teleport for a full combo punish. Air float gets beat out by air Superman. Raiden F1 can punish Ermac's B3 enders if blocked correctly. Raiden also has viable anti airs in EX Vicinity blast and F1 to stop jump ins.
I play Thunder God Raiden. Will try this Superman against him. I'd love to try him out against him.

Tanno

I think it's 5-5 lads. Could be slight advantage Mystic.
I thought the same, too. I played against Possessed and know his plus and minus. They have almost the same abilities, but Mystic has other plus stuff that make it 6-4 in Mystic's favor, IMO.

i think Gm does great against mystic SIKE but seriously, I think scorpion is one of the best MU for him. He has a counter for everything

Tanno

i think Gm does great against mystic SIKE but seriously, I think scorpion is one of the best MU for him. He has a counter for everything
I don't think that GM stands a chance against Ermac at all. Ermac as the whole character is his worst MU. I play GM SZ as my 1st main, so I know this MU very well.

To piggy back off of @Tweedy it is a relatively even match up. Kenshi can punish a blocked push from a far range. Ermac can combo punish empty teleportd for free with b1. He is also one of the few characters who can punish Df4 with ex Push and can OS around EX DF4 on wake up.

They both build meter fairly well. Damage is comparable. If anything I'd give a slight edge to Mystic maybe 5.5. But neither character outright runs over the other.

On that note, I haven't played Tweedy since the transition to Kenshi. So I'd be curious to see how I'd fare against his in particular.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
The only character I feel Ermac has an issue with is Crystalline Tremor. The flex is far too much of an issue when it comes to his armoured moves.

Maybe Imposter Shinnok aswell but I'm not quite sold.

I maintain that Mileena, Smoke, Displacer and Hellfire and Crystalline can be troublesome. Any character who takes away Ermac's ability to manipulate the neutral.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Having played against (and a little as) Spectral Ermac I believe at least that variation has issues with Hellfire and Crystalline at least, but not thaaaaat much.
Displacer can use Superman to punish regular push, and can use EX Teleport for a full combo punish. Air float gets beat out by air Superman. Raiden F1 can punish Ermac's B3 enders if blocked correctly. Raiden also has viable anti airs in EX Vicinity blast and F1 to stop jump ins.
I mean the majority of the cast can punish Ermacs B3 enders though, I wouldn't call that a reason for Raiden winning.

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah Possessed can punish push from max range with BF3, which guarantees pressures.

Mystic is faster up close and can punish regular overhead with EX push. Only reason I say it may be slight adv Ermac. Outside of that they're pretty even everywhere.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Cyrax

His ex push or normal push aren't safe after set-ups.

Net and bombs trade not bad and his air shit is useless.

I dont have the exp of fighting a super good ermac though. Just my impressions of fighting random ones.

Spectral can play a more offensive based neutral with instant ground pounds to somewhat neutralize Tremor's Flex in the neutral. He can also mix up the strings that would normally be combo punished with flex (b124, f21 etc) with S.A 1/2. Essentially evening things out just a little bit. At least until he gets put in the corner.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I mean the majority of the cast can punish Ermacs B3 enders though, I wouldn't call that a reason for Raiden winning.
While true, the pushback and different blockstun from the OH/low ender leads to a lot of missed punishes. Raiden with F1 should consistently be able to get full combos off a successful block.

Tanno

Why though?
Is it just because Ermac kan't levitate as easily??
Scorpion is a teleporting attacker, so he has this ability to make Ermac unable to levitate. Generally, Ermac has a problem against the teleporters, like Scorpion and Smoke. If not levitating, Ermac can't do his mid-air trolling, which is generally his best game and a true 25/25/25 one.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Scorpion and Mileena are the only two teleporters who can punish regular push from any range (reversal teleport punish lol)
Although Sektor and Ermac teleports lead to full combo without using meter, they're too slow to punish push
I think Scorpion might be a hard matchup for Mystic

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
While true, the pushback and different blockstun from the OH/low ender leads to a lot of missed punishes. Raiden with F1 should consistently be able to get full combos off a successful block.
But missing the punish is the fault of the player, not the character. If someone were to miss the punish due to the blockstun as one character they'll still miss it as Raiden. Your other reasons are right though.
Sorry, but what kind of weapons does she have against his jumping?
A DP and a very fast j2 for a start. Plus if she catches him jumping and lands a fan that's big damage.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Big damage or unbreakable damage. Never jump at Kitana, thats why i think Kitana gives him troubles one fan gives her combo, also royalstorm hes air ass similiar to raidens superman.