What's new

General/Other - Mystic Ermac bad matchup

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Impostor perhaps, I'm not very familiar with the last patch yet, so I'm not entirely sure.

looking at moves though, Shinnok has a meterless vortex against ermac, good options full screen with his tricky portal and f22, witch is great after a (non ex) tele push. just be careful that every whiffed hell sparks is a free full combo punish for him.

again though, I'm not experienced enough to be sure.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I would love to know Ermac's bad MUs, so that I can finally beat this mid-air troller.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Cut Throat Kano, Mileena, Hellfire Scorpion, Smoke and Crystalline Tremor all give Ermac issues.
Basically this and then the rest are 5-5 or better. You can make a case for Ninjitsu doing well but other than that he doesn't really have that rough of a time with the cast.

Crystalline tremor, can punish push if it hits you with armor on. Crystalline vs mystic seems to be 6-4 in Crystalline's favor

Brawler Cassie can compete with ermac well. May not win but its a 5-5

Last edited:
Cyber Sub is debatable. I played the match up with Ree and Blackbryan. it never felt completely outside of Ermac's favor.

Smoke just needs to be Smoke honestly. Between the Anti Zoning and Phase he can deal with Mystic fairly well.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Ninjutsu probably. Mystic has to waste meter to even keep ninjutsu in check since ninjutsu has the range to punish push and their neutral are both strong. Mystic can't afford to levitate unless at fullscreen and even then Scorpion can air tp to punish or time a spear to catch him. *latter is more reasonable but still.* also the fact that Mystic's armor can be broken doesn't do him favors either. Ninjutsu also gas strong meterless options against Mystic. can be uphill for Mystic

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Impostor perhaps, I'm not very familiar with the last patch yet, so I'm not entirely sure.

looking at moves though, Shinnok has a meterless vortex against ermac, good options full screen with his tricky portal and f22, witch is great after a (non ex) tele push. just be careful that every whiffed hell sparks is a free full combo punish for him.

again though, I'm not experienced enough to be sure.
Impostor's defense against Ermac was +104 mimicry so he had time to actually fool the player. You still have the vortex but it's not free and doesn't help as much. Any teleport is a free AA or push for him, Hell Sparks either means you're getting pushed into oki or you're getting full combed. Truthfully there's no area where Impostor convincingly wins this right now. 4-6 or worse.

You can add Displacer to that list as well.

He does a bit better against Ninjutsu than Hellfire overall.

Smoke
Mileena
Cut Throat
Crystalline
Hellfire
Displacer

it's a small list of course and some of the match ups get easier if he switches to say Master of Souls or Spectral.

On a side note @ArmedCalf we've yet to play in this version of the game.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Impostor's defense against Ermac was +104 mimicry so he had time to actually fool the player. You still have the vortex but it's not free and doesn't help as much. Any teleport is a free AA or push for him, Hell Sparks either means you're getting pushed into oki or you're getting full combed. Truthfully there's no area where Impostor convincingly wins this right now. 4-6 or worse.
well shit. the tricky portal isn't that easy to react though, so it can't really be a free punish as say whiffed hellsparks.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You can add Displacer to that list as well.

He does a bit better against Ninjutsu than Hellfire overall.

Smoke
Mileena
Cut Throat
Crystalline
Hellfire
Displacer

it's a small list of course and some of the match ups get easier if he switches to say Master of Souls or Spectral.

On a side note @ArmedCalf we've yet to play in this version of the game.
Wait... How can Displacer Raiden beat him?

I would say that Smoke and any teleporting attacker is suitable against Ermac. I use Smoke to get Ermac's ass down to the ground, meaning to troll right back at his face.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Displacer can use Superman to punish regular push, and can use EX Teleport for a full combo punish. Air float gets beat out by air Superman. Raiden F1 can punish Ermac's B3 enders if blocked correctly. Raiden also has viable anti airs in EX Vicinity blast and F1 to stop jump ins.

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
Displacer can use Superman to punish regular push, and can use EX Teleport for a full combo punish. Air float gets beat out by air Superman. Raiden F1 can punish Ermac's B3 enders if blocked correctly. Raiden also has viable anti airs in EX Vicinity blast and F1 to stop jump ins.
excuse me sir, how about posessed?