What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang [EO Beta] Shaolin Dragon - Rising Concerns Regarding Beta Changes

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Dear NRS, you created Variations system for people to not counter pick other characters, but for people to counter pick their favorite character with a different fighting style that might change the course of battle. The idea is great on the paper, I don't want to change Liu Kang to anyone but himself with a different kung-fu.

What we see currently in the recent Beta update, you are concentrating only on hurting Dragon's Fire, without thinking how universal changes to his moves might affect his other variations. And believe me, there are people who love to play as Dualist and want to win with this variation on tournaments.

You made F213 less plus for FBRC to be even higher execution technique so that we started breaking our fingers. Ok, thank you for still letting it jail at least.

But what did you gave to other variations in return to make up for this nerf bringing massive weakenesses to Dualist and Flame Fist? I thought word BALANCE means things getting equal compensation in return for loosing something.

As the beginning, you could have made DD1 faster for both of these variations so that pressure with F213 was still legit and dangerous.

Does NRS thinks we don't want to play anything but Dragon's Fire?

Thank you for buffing Dualist though. The remaining Charge after hit was huge improvement for this variation. But with nerf of F213 even further than before you are hurting Dualist's pressure and play style a lot. Maybe you could entirely remove pushback on EX Solar Flame then at least?

Nerfing MB Flying Kick to +1 was actually enough for Dragon's Fire, seriously. You shouldn't have touched F213 anymore.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I mean not to be a dick but it's not like the entire of Liu Kang is based around F213. Also balance is not equal compensation. If that were the case super top tiers would remain super top tiers and low tiers would remain low tiers.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
According to people who were playing Liu Kang after recent update - they did.
Hmm interesting ill check later. When i played him it felt like it was still able to jail but since it is an online beta it might just be my imagination :(
I think f213 should be used with db2 more often i am glad it is not changed.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Jesus, I really thought the fk mb to plus 1 was enough for people to poke out of his pressure. Now Dualist has to suffer from this, sucks ass.
They didn't even bother to fix his whiffing issues..

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Hmm interesting ill check later. When i played him it felt like it was still able to jail but since it is an online beta it might just be my imagination :(
I think f213 should be used with db2 more often i am glad it is not changed.
It still jails, but plus frames were still reduced and it hurts Dualist and Flame Fist.

PapaRegadetho

It still jails, but plus frames were still reduced and it hurts Dualist and Flame Fist.
Its actually really pointless if you think about it, it still jails, that won't make people happy, but Dualist might suffer from this, it could've just stayed the way it was..

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Its actually really pointless if you think about it, it still jails, that won't make people happy, but Dualist might suffer from this, it could've just stayed the way it was..
Exactly. It's not like he won 1st places at majors for free or something before. +1 in MB FK was enough, completely enough as for nerfs. Everything else should have been buffs like Dualist got some, but universal ones, like fixing whiffing issues and stuff. But no, they had to touch F213 AGAIN:(

They even gave some characters faster pokes, probably against FBRCs like Liu Kang's, but for some reason they are nerfing him as well. WTF?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Oooooorrrrrr.... they could just reduce the recovery on Metamorphosis and EX Shaolin Flame again.....

PapaRegadetho

Exactly. It's not like he won 1st places at majors for free or something before. +1 in MB FK was enough, completely enough as for nerfs. Everything else should have been buffs like Dualist got some, but universal ones, like fixing whiffing issues and stuff. But no, they had to touch F213 AGAIN:(

They even gave some characters faster pokes, probably against FBRCs like Liu Kang's, but for some reason they are nerfing him as well. WTF?
Yeah, a faster d1 would be good and ffs they still didnt fix his whiffing issues :(

Lone

KHAOTIC
You guys need to relax and wait until the patch is live because the beta doesn't have all the final changes, Paulo has stated this to Jer on Twitter(search their accounts if you want). The people behind the nerfs and buffs know where the variations in the game stand for the most part, obviously Dualist is severely lacking in the current incarnations.

If it gets compensated to viability with a worthwhile purpose, great. If not, well, a lot of characters are getting adjusted with more changes to come. There's no telling how all this will turn out.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Now that Liu Kang is starting to see some normalizations, what's the rationale for keeping f213 FBC x3 a true blockstring? Even if it wasn't, and could only be armored through, can't Liu Kang still break armor with b12?
Why, guys? Why does a character get to throw in 3 strings to get enough meter and be at +1 to re-loop it when he touches you, when he even has the best armor-breaking move, and a 10 frame low, Why?

PapaRegadetho

Now that Liu Kang is starting to see some normalizations, what's the rationale for keeping f213 FBC x3 a true blockstring? Even if it wasn't, and could only be armored through, can't Liu Kang still break armor with b12?
Why, guys? Why does a character get to throw in 3 strings to get enough meter and be at +1 to re-loop it when he touches you, when he even has the best armor-breaking move, and a 10 frame low, Why?
Well, If Dragon's Fire had other things like faster pokes (d3 is fine tho) , faster air to airs, better normals, I'd give up the blockstrings without looking back. Sure he has good zoning, but what good is it if its crippled by a run button? And I'm not concerned about DF nerfs as much I am for Dualist...

Whats the point in changing f213 fbrc less plus but still make it jail? Just so we have 1 true block string? Pointless nerf and annoying for the liu kang community