What's new

Tech Entering Flight from raw air specials (is this new?)

REO

Undead
I noticed Hawkgirl can do things like jump in the air -> use mace toss -> then enter flight from there by tapping her character power. She can also do an instant air mace charge, and then enter flight. I haven't seen many Hawkgirl's using this as many of them will throw an air mace, and then fall from their recovery frames. You can cancel those recover frames by entering flight. I checked her move list and it doesn't state you can do any of this, so I'm not sure if it's new or not. More Hawkgirls need to take advantage of this regardless, though.

Sent from my mobile

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Oh shit, I didn't know you could cancel into flight after a MC. Can you follow it up with a decent combo?

REO

Undead
Oh shit, I didn't know you could cancel into flight after a MC. Can you follow it up with a decent combo?
You can only cancel air mace charge into flight if it whiffs. You have to use the meter burn version of mace charge to cancel into flight on hit.

Simple combo in the corner - meter burn mace charge~flight cancel, flight 2~heavenward stomp

Sent from my mobile

CamRac

Noob
^Yep. I've been doing that in the lab for a couple of days - I didn't know it was a new thing, haha. Thanks for confirming it though, REO.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Yeah, I've been doing that since day 1 lol, I thought everybody knew about it.
You can also do air mc mb xx flight to go into flight again.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
When I was first messing with her air specials on day -1, I was wondering why her non-fly air mace was so shit until it occurred to me to press 4 after it lol.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I try to "piano-key" the inputs,...something like mace charge then quickly do 4,3. I like 4,3 the best because she doesnt enter flight as fast as I would like and 4,3 has the most range and pushback

Just flutting around hovering over head just right within jump distance this GL just stood there on the ground and trying to dodge me then I press D3 and slam down... LOVE IT because they dont know when you are gonna slam down xD

CamRac

Noob
Does 4,3 actually push back enough to make you safe? What I mean, is that I wonder if you can cancel block strings into flight, and then use the pushback to keep yourself safe from most characters. I'll take this into the lab in just a few, and let you guys know if I find anything useful. I might just be straight up wrong. lol

EDIT: Strike that - I don't know what I'm talking about. However, with f13, we2 seems to make the string safe (as long as the opponent is blocking)

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I notice that if you take flight and get level with your opponent's head you can press 123 and that's a easy 21% right there if you can pull it off...against opponents with por upclose defense this could be good

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
the flying power is really fun, I've tried baiting people doing anti airs and grabs by doing a half jump and then flying away just for shits and giggles.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I knew you could hit 4 before mc or mt, but i didn't know you could do it after. Will go into the lab with this at some point today.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol, this is all I do with Hawkgirl. Jump back, diagonal air mace~flight, then spam maces because of their lulzy frame advantages.

CamRac

Noob
I've been messing around with this idea for a couple of days, but I feel like WE to flight is better than her normal backdash. Do any of you guys use the WE as a utility backdash?

SLy

Noob
Nah..this isn't new. It can be pretty cheap if used correctly tho lol..The amount of space control you get from this women is impressive..Definitley a top character in my eyes

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Nah..this isn't new. It can be pretty cheap if used correctly tho lol..The amount of space control you get from this women is impressive..Definitley a top character in my eyes
I definitely wouldn't say top because of some terribly bad matchups (Especially WW), but she does have amazing space control. Not as good as Cyborg/DS obviously though lol.