What's new

Enough is Enough!!!

ok spin doesn't suck but isn't that good either. pushback on paper yeah but the spin gets easily punished with full combo's. low hat pressure was, it was his pressure.

coolwhip

Noob
so i played bad, but im lucky that i won? well solid is a great player. i just teleported when he did instant air blasts loll
No disrespect. You're not a bad player from what I've seen, but your opponent had absolutely zero idea how to play against Kung Lao. You were teleporting like crazy and he didn't punish it with a single Ex Dash, which is the most obvious and straightforward way to punish the tele.

coolwhip

Noob
ok spin doesn't suck but isn't that good either. pushback on paper yeah but the spin gets easily punished with full combo's. low hat pressure was, it was his pressure.
Spin is 6 frames, it's the best anti air in the game, and you can always get a full combo off of it. How the hell is not "that good"? Because it's punishable if your opponent blocks?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lots of things in the game are full combo punishable on block, especially the move that are too damn good. I do agree that kung lao should have kept his hat pressure, but oh well, regarless he's still top tier. I've been working on different grind hat setups and his normal movement as well.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't think not being Brady or Reo takes away from the guy's credibility. Saying Kung Lao's spin "is not that good" however, most certainly does.
Not being brady or reo really means not being a high lvl player who knows the game inside out and plays good players.

the proof is the bullshit hes spewing atm.

its not a bad move but it isn't the best either. its very unsafe on block, and yeah the start up is 6 frames still i was getting jumpin punched when i spinned on reaction. it could be that my reactions were just to slow. u saw me spin and still was i getting hit...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
his mobilty is like the best of the game true. he just lacks that good pressure. since top tier char. are all bout pressure or broken combo's i think its hard for KL once his patterns are known by your opponent. im not saying that i know everything about him, i just think KL is abit overrated. his spin really suck since the patch. pp can jump punch my spin without getting hit cause the start up takes longer know. (on reaction)
learn to react to simple jumps

learn not to be predictable.

srsly wtf is this

coolwhip

Noob
please do so, i would love to get more out of my favorite character. i played KL on tournaments and i have won twice. he's good but i don't think top 5.
here some footage of me playing @tournaments
i had some techs that i haven't seen before i did em. maybe this could give some ideas
2,1 string is your friend. Try using it more.

Don't teleport as much. A better player would have blown you up as you it gets very predictable. For a change-up, try using Kung Lao's roll (f+3) a little more. It is quite useful to get in.

Stop trying to pressure after blocked pokes. Again, a better player would blow you up for that.

D+4 into low hat is a bad idea. You can't possibly hit confirm it, so you're making that choice before you see whether it hits or not. And even if the D+4 does land, you're essentially sacrificing pressure (or possibly force the opponent to tech the throw) for the sake of a low hat that doesn't really help you advance your offense.

Axel_Redd

its not a bad move but it isn't the best either. its very unsafe on block, and yeah the start up is 6 frames still i was getting jumpin punched when i spinned on reaction. it could be that my reactions were just to slow. u saw me spin and still was i getting hit...
thats why i usually try to spin at the last possible second. also another thing i've been working on is spinning pokes on block, its pretty effective if u get the timing down.

Axel_Redd

Don't teleport as much. A better player would have blown you up as you it gets very predictable. For a change-up, try using Kung Lao's roll (f+3) a little more. It is quite useful to get in.

Stop trying to pressure after blocked pokes. Again, a better player would blow you up for that.

D+4 into low hat is a bad idea. You can't possibly hit confirm it, so you're making that choice before you see whether it hits or not. And even if the D+4 does land, you're essentially sacrificing pressure (or possibly force the opponent to tech the throw) for the sake of a low hat that doesn't really help you advance your offense.
d4 low hat might not be that good, but i still think 24 low hat is useful occasionally, mostly because low hat on hit puts you at decent footsie range, which could be a good thing against someone like Cage.

thanx for the kind advice. but this footage is from 03/20/2012 and i stopped playing (competitive) MK since im working on my own games. it was my first tournament and i was kinda nervous xD.
and yeah i know about my spamming tele's, when im nervous it limits my tools.

thats why i usually try to spin at the last possible second. also another thing i've been working on is spinning pokes on block, its pretty effective if u get the timing down.
yeah i try'd it too, but that increases the chance to get hit. maybe it helps if u first back dash and than spin, never thought about it before xD if u can punish a poke with a spin that would be very good, but its hard

Axel_Redd

yeah i try'd it too, but that increases the chance to get hit. maybe it helps if u first back dash and than spin, never thought about it before xD if u can punish a poke with a spin that would be very good, but its hard
you'll only get hit if you suck at it, im pretty good at it, and im working on the punishing blocked pokes stuff now too as well as grindhat setups. I've also found that walking is just as useful as dashing if not more so in certain situations.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
superbn0va
If you want to try getting people to even listen to you, you should think about what it is that makes him lower on the tier list and come up with a detailed explanation instead of pulling random things out that are just being proven wrong anyways.

Even if you do this though, do you really think your opinion will overrule almost everyone else?

superbn0va
If you want to try getting people to even listen to you, you should think about what it is that makes him lower on the tier list and come up with a detailed explanation instead of pulling random things out that are just being proven wrong anyways.

Even if you do this though, do you really think your opinion will overrule almost everyone else?
to be honest i really don't care what others think... as for saying why, i already sad so. u say, i say shit thats proven wrong like, having broken combo's is not what brings a character in a top tier list? (cyrax) or having insane pressure like cage has isn't what makes him that good char? cause thats what i basically said in other words.

there is a reason why the best player with KL is saying this...

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Again this is going to get you nowhere.

The points you made have been countered and you need to provide some real evidence that he is not where the community believes he is.

In this matchup if kabal decides to do instant air fireballs you teleport its simple as that, pl and cd jr both do it. But only if he instant air fireballs, if you do it while kabal isnt really doing anything you will get punished.

also you dont even have to talk about hitconfirming d4 low hat because it doesnt combo

Less Arguing more Kung Lao tech pls o:
I didn't want to get into this but you don't even know that 21 hits mid on the second hit, you keep saying it is high. you say a lot of stuff like ex dive kick on block and grinding hat tech but kung lao doesnt even need that stuff and it doesnt even really play a factor in why kung lao is really good, thats all theory fighting.

Again this is going to get you nowhere.

The points you made have been countered and you need to provide some real evidence that he is not where the community believes he is.
Please tell me why kung lao is top 5, I believe he is between 4-7 but I want to hear you say why he is good because none of you have said anything significant about kung lao, and please dont just say mobility, please describe how he uses his mobility in situations, how he uses his pressure etc. I'm pretty tired of people talking about kung lao while they don't really know why he is actually good.

Axel_Redd

In this matchup if kabal decides to do instant air fireballs you teleport its simple as that, pl and cd jr both do it. But only if he instant air fireballs, if you do it while kabal isnt really doing anything you will get punished.

also you dont even have to talk about hitconfirming d4 low hat because it doesnt combo

I didn't want to get into this but you don't even know that 21 hits mid on the second hit, you keep saying it is high. you say a lot of stuff like ex dive kick on block and grinding hat tech but kung lao doesnt even need that stuff and it doesnt even really play a factor in why kung lao is really good, thats all theory fighting.
he might not need it, but its still useful nonetheless