What's new

Energy Drinks and Mortal Kombat reaction increase?

Do Energy Drinks Help you in MK games?

• Yes

• No

• Can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm wondering how many energy drinks everyone is getting for release?

I'm planning on stalking up on Monster Java Mean Bean and Starbucks Tripple Shot Vannila's. I'm gonna see if I can get a case deal from local store that sells 12 for $22.

I've noticed they make a difference in my lab times. I think I'm just addicted to caffeine but I get headaches without coffee of some form. But I can react slightly faster on MKX and land harder combos when I have energy drinks.
Anyone else experience this?

• What type of energy drinks do you use?
  • How many you get per month?
  • Does it help with Mortal Kombat 9/X/11?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’m one of those people who have the reverse effect with energy drinks. I fall asleep after drinking them.
Also, what? They don’t help you in games at all. You won’t be able to see 10f moves no matter how much you drink it.

Error404

Noob
I drank Monster a lot as a teen. Only do black coffee now. That being said , coffee doesn't directly help me with reactions. It wakes me up, and that helps with reactions. But coffee itself helps about as much as good nights sleep.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Depends on the person. If you drink them a lot it won’t do anything. I drink them a lot at work.

It’s not good to drink a lot of energy drinks sitting on your ass though. Do what you want I’m just saying. The kids that die from energy drinks pound them like water and sit on their ass all day. It’s bad for you anyway but manual labor makes it less harmful lol.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I would only have it if I'm seriously low on sleep and need to stay awake. It's more of a wakeup call if anything

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I don’t know about Energy Drinks but I’m hella loading up on Alcohol at this local Tuesday
it's an age thing.... Beer or burbon is what you drink when playing MK Story mode for the 1st time.c Energy Kids... pffft

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Sorry, but not going to drink this bull piss of those energy drinks. Tried one once, never again.

Usually, I go for real coffee, especially Freddo Espresso black (ice cold coffee served right off any bar) or Cappuccino black, depending the temperature of anywhere I might be. They help me wake up this instant. I always drink Freddo here in Greece due of my country's high warmness.

The reaction is build during training and fights, much like in real martal arts tournaments. The coffee helps you wake up this fast.

AloneUA

getting over there
Better not drink any energy drinks at all. My brother used to drink them fairly regularly and got himself a heart disfunction. A minor one at that, it was just a tachycardia that needed to be treated nevertheless.
Anyway, I recommend you don’t drink this shit at all. Only in case of emergencies.

Don't drink those, just practice more.

even if they do increase your reactions, it's not worth it if they damage your heart. You wanna win an EVO medal and die years earlier than you should have? fuck that

instead, just practice more situations where you feel like your reactions are slower than you'd want them to be, find better training partners

I drink black tea or coffee instead so I don't get diabetes and a root beer belly. I have no idea if it helps. Gonna drink it anyway tho cuz at this point in my life Id prolly die if I stopped.

I think energy drink/caffeine may help while you are sleep deprived and on the short term, the crash after is pretty rough for me, making it really not worthwhile if I want to play for a longer amount of time.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
You guys all have it wrong, the most effective energy drink is the one that sponsors your favorite player.

Or maybe the best player.

Or maybe the tournaments you watch.

Anyways, whatever logo you see most often, that one's the best.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Caffeine decreases your reaction time, there’s tons of data to show it and no doubt about that. My problem is the jitteriness and wired feeling I get from energy drinks, so I take L-Theanine with them. It’s naturally found in combination with caffeine in green tea and it basically negates all of caffeine’s side effects.

ATIWAB

Noob
What kind of sweaty ass Dorito-eating Mountain Dew GAMER FUEL slamming clowndick shitfest of a post is this

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If you want the best bang for your buck you have to take into account your own tolerance for caffeine and that sweet spot that gives you just enough energy to focus. If you drink too much you’ll just get jitters and that’s not gonna help.

Also, not to sound like a total mom, but I would advise against drinking energy drinks, there’s way too much crap in there and most of it is not good, not to mention the sugar content is insane and it’ll mess up your teeth. Coffee or tea is still the best option, not to mention tea is really good for you.

I know, I sounded like a total mom anyways.

I am a person that drank and is still drinking a lot of energy drinks.
Do not make my mistake. Do not drink them!
During tournaments drink only water, or sparkling water. When you are focused, your brain drains water like crazy. Take small sips between rounds. Empty your bladder between matches. Stay hydrated. Just don't drink engery drinks, and if you have to, suplement them with water.
They contain a lot of sugar and coffeine. They will make you thirsty very fast. Sugar provides energy but it's not even close to being rested and well fed before the tournament.

Reactions come from practice and anticipation, there are no tricks. I know some people are trying things like adderal but it's a short path to nothing.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I’m one of those people who have the reverse effect with energy drinks. I fall asleep after drinking them.
Also, what? They don’t help you in games at all. You won’t be able to see 10f moves no matter how much you drink it.
I made my coffe with RedBull instead of Water this morning and now I can see Music xD