What's new

Ending Kanos bnb's with uppercut in the corner

Flagg

Noob
Something interesting I found out about Kano is that if you end a lot of BNB's with uppercut in the corner, the uppercut keeps them there rather than punching them out the corner.

For example, 212, 212, uppercut or B112, 212, uppercut.

However this only works if the second part of the string backs them into the corner, not the first part. For example, if you start the whole combo when they are about sweep range from the combo, the first part will push them into the corner, the second part keeps them there, then you can uppercut. If you start either of these when the opponent is flat against the wall, this wont work (if any of this makes sense) and you'll knock them out.

A few of you are probably already aware of this and I know Shang has something similar but so far i've found no way to combo off of the uppercut.

I find stuff like this interesting because its enabling your character to do something it shouldn't be able to do, for example how Sheeva can low grab a character in a juggle if they were ducking when they were launched. While this isn't new tech at all, it leads me to ask if there is something else that can be done in this situation, giving him new set ups and so forth.

NKZero

Noob
I don't think you can combo off any uppercut unless you anti-air an opponent directly above your head. Is Kano's quickest move not the up ball? If it is and you cannot combo off that then I don't think it can be done. Nonetheless nice discovery.

MOAR GAME CHANGING NEW TECH!

Flagg

Noob
Shang Tsung has something similar and he can combo off of his uppercut. fr stack has done this many times.

You can't even d1 with Kanos uppercut. But its something in the game where a launcher in the corner acts like a reset of sorts. I know CSZ can uppercut after a launcher in the corner and keep them there. As far as I know, only Shang can carry on doing a combo.

Flagg

Noob
Shang Tsung has something similar and he can combo off of his uppercut. fr stack has done this many times.

You can't even d1 with Kanos uppercut. But its something in the game where a launcher in the corner acts like a reset of sorts. I know CSZ can uppercut after a launcher in the corner and keep them there. As far as I know, only Shang can carry on doing a combo.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I rather do b112 near the corner, 212 212 b12 upball which does 37% and keeps them in the corner. If you do b112 212 212 uppercut it only does 33% and keeps them in the corner.

EDIT: You can d3 after the uppercut, but I don't think you can do anything after like ex knife...maybe though? I've only been able to d3 once and I think it was pure luck...

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
it could depend on the height as well if u catch them with every hit as high as u can u may be able to squeeze more damage:)

Flagg

Noob
Hi BDMao88, using uppercut isn't something I normally use but it's something I came across in the last couple of months and wondered if it could lead to more.

It's interesting you say you could land a d3 but only once. A few nights ago I was playing around with CSZ ex teleport and trying different combo set ups. I think I landed a standing 3 once and that was it.

S0me of these "situations" must literally have a window of 1 or 2 frames to capitalise off. Maybe you could D3 ex knife off the uppercut?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Hi BDMao88, using uppercut isn't something I normally use but it's something I came across in the last couple of months and wondered if it could lead to more.

It's interesting you say you could land a d3 but only once. A few nights ago I was playing around with CSZ ex teleport and trying different combo set ups. I think I landed a standing 3 once and that was it.

S0me of these "situations" must literally have a window of 1 or 2 frames to capitalise off. Maybe you could D3 ex knife off the uppercut?
Yea I understand what you're saying, it's a good find, but not to put you down or anything just stating that you're better off with the higher %. I might try toying with it later today and record it to see if I can try capturing where exactly to do it. if it was possible to do d3 or d1 ex knife I'm pretty sure it would do more than 37%

Flagg

Noob
Yeah if you can find something record it for sure dude, I have to get to work now and im away for most the weekend afterwards so cant really do any testing.

If it doesn't lead to any advantage then ces't le vie, but any little advantage gained is always good for a character and the game.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I can't seem to get it again!!! I got it by doing b112, 212, 212, uppercut, d3 - 34%

After testing the uppercut; it keeps them in the corner based on the height of the body. I pushed them all the way to the wall and did 212x3 uppercut and if they were higher up it kept them in and if the body was falling more waist level and I was still able to uppercut it threw them out of the corner.

yeah, I think we have to give the uppercuts some more time . cuz I have been noticing that more than a character have a quick recovery after they uppercut ..
and that led me to thinking about uppercut combos . I know it is already known but I didn't know how to uplode a video to post it early enough .But I 've also found that sheeva can do a 25% combo off of her uppercut + there is a trick in getting the right timing after D2 whick I have explained here : http://testyourmight.com/threads/i-have-4-arms-uppercut-is-not-enough.14225/