What's new

Tech Ending combos with Party Crasher.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Something I noticed is that when you end your combos with Party Crasher while your opponent is airborne, you get a techable knockdown that gives you a butt ton of okizeme.

If the opponent tech rolls, your positive enough to MB B3 any wakeups, or standing 2/3/b1.

If they don't tech roll, you get so much oki it hurts, I'm able to dash forward 3 times before d1 doesn't whiff.
Some options off this I like:
Backdash and go for an ambiguous cross up.
Jump over and Czar Toss.
Whiff Attack into Czar Toss.
Whiff Attack into MB B3
Backdash and do standing 2,1 into a mixup (out of range of some wakeups)

I implement this into my combos like such
1 Bar BNB: J2,B2U1,113,DBF2MB,B3,F21,DB3
-> J2,B2U1,113,DBF2MB,B3,Dash,IAPC
Meterless BNB: J2,B2U1,D2,B3,J3,21,DB2
-> J2,B2U1,D2,B3,J3,IAPC
Czar Toss BNB: DBF2MB,B3,J3,21,DB2
-> DBF2MB,B3,J3,IAPC
I don't know your crazy high damage Lobo combos, but after a B3, if they're high, do J2/3 into IAPC. If they are low, Dash up and do IAPC.

I really like the Ambiguous cross up after the backdash, I'm gonna mess around with this at the tournament I'm going to tommorow.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I've actually done this before but never posted it cause I wasn't sure if it was considered tech at the time. I never use it. But based on your findings maybe I should start.

I have never bothered with Party Crasher in combos because the oki is just a drawn out version of what we normally get from a hook charge or party crasher. The only difference in this is that you're whiffing a normal then going into czar toss, instead of the usual czar toss/block or whiff punish wakeup/mbf3 through wakeup. I'm also sure you're losing out on a lot of damage on a combo with a techable knockdown. I mean, sure you still can shit on wakeups with a meaty or mbb3, but I'd rather squeeze out all my damage, end with hook charge and go from there than do something like czar toss mb, b3, j3, ia crasher for an hour of hit advantage into the usual oki.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah this looks okay but you're dropping damage and his Oki is already so damn good off of his normal enders that I don't think you gain too much from this.

The one use I could see for this is if there was an interactable that you wanted to throw at them, it might otg them well off of this setup.

Yeah this looks okay but you're dropping damage and his Oki is already so damn good off of his normal enders that I don't think you gain too much from this.

The one use I could see for this is if there was an interactable that you wanted to throw at them, it might otg them well off of this setup.
Do we get enough time to load trait, and still be able to apply our oki?

I still haven't tested this out yet, but I doubt it.

Do we get enough time to load trait, and still be able to apply our oki?

I still haven't tested this out yet, but I doubt it.
yeah, you have enough time to load trait. Which isn't that great considering you can just do a combo and end it with 21 xx trait load for around the same damage you usually get in bnbs.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i wanna see someone do this, talking about it doesnt really do much for me since don't face many lobo's nor do i use him.

Captain Oxygen

I messed around with this in at a local meetup, sadly there was no tourney (only 7 entrants).
One thing I noted is that if you meaty the 2nd hit of standing 2,1 and they wakeup through it, you can still cancel it as if it hit. I used this against a Black Adam player when he wokeup with LC, since LC is only close ranged.
also, if you go for the crossup after the PC, J1 is VERY hard to see where it crosses up.

I think it seems pretty good to do this early in the opponents lifebar, since Lobo basically kills in 2 combos.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think this would be awesome to get down as it's just another situation the opponent probably needs to know about. Even if you do get a similar oki situation as using hook charge as a combo ender... will they know that? It looks like this setup has new shenanigans. I like the back dashing option after wards. I'm going to start using this.

I'm imagining a world where I know all of my options off of this, hook charge combo ender, and the b3 to hook charge ambiguous cross up set up. *mind blown*

I think this would be awesome to get down as it's just another situation the opponent probably needs to know about. Even if you do get a similar oki situation as using hook charge as a combo ender... will they know that? It looks like this setup has new shenanigans. I like the back dashing option after wards. I'm going to start using this.
But the problem with this setup is that, unlike Hook Charge, this is a techable knockdown. You only get the oki if they don't tech. And if they tech the facedive, you're at even frames/very slight positive frames compared to the massive advantage you get from a raw facedive or hook charge.

At best, this is something used when the opponent doesn't know the matchup (granted, not a whole lot of people know the Lobo matchup) or doesn't know that you can tech facedives when they are used to end a juggle.

Captain Oxygen

The Crossup/NonCrossup J1 usually works on people I've used this on.
But yeah it's generally just a gimmick I bust out every now and then, even if they know you can tech it, doing it every now and then is alright.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
But the problem with this setup is that, unlike Hook Charge, this is a techable knockdown. You only get the oki if they don't tech. And if they tech the facedive, you're at even frames/very slight positive frames compared to the massive advantage you get from a raw facedive or hook charge.

At best, this is something used when the opponent doesn't know the matchup (granted, not a whole lot of people know the Lobo matchup) or doesn't know that you can tech facedives when they are used to end a juggle.
Does that give you time to react to the tech roll? Either block or check characters without fast advancing wakeups with a mid shot or something.

Decay

King of the Bill
I don't like to end combos in the party crasher unless it's in the corner because Lobo has a reverse input that sends wakeups going the wrong way if you get the party crasher and they don't tech roll.